AMA General Promo Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I mean they won’t be graded, but you can always post a promo in the backstage promos section.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
You annoy me so much

I'm sorry if your character has been booked for three shows and you still have problems understanding how an e-fed works. Like I get it, maybe it can be on some people in charge for not explaining it well enough for you, or booking you before you were ready, but we've tried to explain and you haven't really understood yet. And to go back to what I said about your promo, if you understand how this works, genuinely, the idea of a Fast Food themed wannabe super hero is some Chikara level comedy stuff which can be a fun character to break up the monotony of the usual archetypes of e-fed characters. But you just don't understand.

If you genuinely want, I will try to explain the basics again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You created a character. Now every month or so(?) (If we get consistent with shows) Smark/King Switch posts a card where our wrestlers are booked in matches, and after, they set up a promo thread where we post our "Match promos" to.

We have a week to post them in the appropriate thread. If you need an extension for a day, you can message Smark and I am sure he'd be willing to. Then afterwards, the promos are "judged" by the creative team. While each person has different tastes, usually stuff like good scene setting, talking about the opponents and being able to hype up the match/story, or just being entertaining are things to look for. If your promo is seen as better, you win the match, but even if you don't win, if you show, cut a promo, and show improvement/effort, then you will likely have a decent showing.

However, during the last promo period, you did not promo during the time, so a little late now.

The shows then are usually written by creative and some volunteers from the roster (like I have written some matches since joining and thankfully they have been received well overall). And on these shows, that is where storylines are advanced.

Each fed does something different, but Smark here usually creates a general direction for a storyline, but we can pitch in. I know myself I like being hands on with my storylines not just so that I can write for my characters, but also try to showcase those involved and build ideas with my character's rivals. Genuinely makes things more fun. If you have ideas, first, make sure you pay attention to the shows and read them so you know generally what is going on, and talk to Smark to ask for general ideas he has and pitch in when needed. Then, usually other people write the segments on the main shows, but if you want to get involved, get some extra practice in, then you of course can write the segments your character is in.

Also if you want to just practice, develop storylines elsewhere, as you did very briefly, there is a section for that as Smark mentioned. I like using it when I have time to develop storylines also. Just gives me room to get rust off in between shows or just do some stuff I wouldn't do in a normal match related promo.

Right now, the show has been delayed (again) due to IRL stuff. I know I have heard of some hurdles other people have had in writing. I also just had my final assignments and exams, so that limited how much I could do, but now I am more free so I am stepping up a bit to take some extra stuff.

So what I recommend is whenever this next show is out, give it a read. Even if you read it in chunks if it is long, at least see the results and look at the segments. It will give you an idea what the characters are doing, who is where on the pecking order so to speak, and that way you have an idea of what is going on. Then between shows, you can message Smark, get an idea or two from him, then your next match, cut a promo and show initiative, then they will continue to plan stuff for you.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: WelshyBOI and Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Someone call 911 there has been a murder

• Haha
Reactions: WelshyBOI

Dolph Zinger

Reaction score
I'm sorry if your character has been booked for three shows and you still have problems understanding how an e-fed works. Like I get it, maybe it can be on some people in charge for not explaining it well enough for you, or booking you before you were ready, but we've tried to explain and you haven't really understood yet. And to go back to what I said about your promo, if you understand how this works, genuinely, the idea of a Fast Food themed wannabe super hero is some Chikara level comedy stuff which can be a fun character to break up the monotony of the usual archetypes of e-fed characters. But you just don't understand.

If you genuinely want, I will try to explain the basics again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You created a character. Now every month or so(?) (If we get consistent with shows) Smark/King Switch posts a card where our wrestlers are booked in matches, and after, they set up a promo thread where we post our "Match promos" to.

We have a week to post them in the appropriate thread. If you need an extension for a day, you can message Smark and I am sure he'd be willing to. Then afterwards, the promos are "judged" by the creative team. While each person has different tastes, usually stuff like good scene setting, talking about the opponents and being able to hype up the match/story, or just being entertaining are things to look for. If your promo is seen as better, you win the match, but even if you don't win, if you show, cut a promo, and show improvement/effort, then you will likely have a decent showing.

However, during the last promo period, you did not promo during the time, so a little late now.

The shows then are usually written by creative and some volunteers from the roster (like I have written some matches since joining and thankfully they have been received well overall). And on these shows, that is where storylines are advanced.

Each fed does something different, but Smark here usually creates a general direction for a storyline, but we can pitch in. I know myself I like being hands on with my storylines not just so that I can write for my characters, but also try to showcase those involved and build ideas with my character's rivals. Genuinely makes things more fun. If you have ideas, first, make sure you pay attention to the shows and read them so you know generally what is going on, and talk to Smark to ask for general ideas he has and pitch in when needed. Then, usually other people write the segments on the main shows, but if you want to get involved, get some extra practice in, then you of course can write the segments your character is in.

Also if you want to just practice, develop storylines elsewhere, as you did very briefly, there is a section for that as Smark mentioned. I like using it when I have time to develop storylines also. Just gives me room to get rust off in between shows or just do some stuff I wouldn't do in a normal match related promo.

Right now, the show has been delayed (again) due to IRL stuff. I know I have heard of some hurdles other people have had in writing. I also just had my final assignments and exams, so that limited how much I could do, but now I am more free so I am stepping up a bit to take some extra stuff.

So what I recommend is whenever this next show is out, give it a read. Even if you read it in chunks if it is long, at least see the results and look at the segments. It will give you an idea what the characters are doing, who is where on the pecking order so to speak, and that way you have an idea of what is going on. Then between shows, you can message Smark, get an idea or two from him, then your next match, cut a promo and show initiative, then they will continue to plan stuff for you.
If doing this means I have to keep dealing with you then I'm out, have a good one

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
If he wants to joke about burgers, it’s whatever, let him.

And to be fair to him, Lethal did say he’d challenge him to this burger on a pole match. Not sure I’d have booked it, but if they wanted to post promos backstage, go for it.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
If he wants to joke about burgers, it’s whatever, let him.

And to be fair to him, Lethal did say he’d challenge him to this burger on a pole match. Not sure I’d have booked it, but if they wanted to post promos backstage, go for it.

I mean I was under the assumption that was all a joke cos Norman and Reina have other plans for a long while yet? I'm happy to do whatever warrants though cos I'd like all the boosters to my promo cutting that I can get.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I mean I was under the assumption that was all a joke cos Norman and Reina have other plans for a long while yet? I'm happy to do whatever warrants though cos I'd like all the boosters to my promo cutting that I can get.

I think the whole thing is a joke to him, yes.

And yeah, no time on the actual results would be spent on a burger on a pole match, but if you two wanted to just have fun in the etc section in promos where you’re allowed to promo for character development, why not.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
And nothing of value was lost? :draper2

• Haha
Reactions: Alexa and Rosie

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Since I have done some job applications today and I'm a wee bit bored, I'm writing a random "Ask me anything" promo with Cali and her Twitch chat where it acts like an "Out of character" interview, and I could use some questions. Can be serious, can be light-hearted, and anything in between.

WelshyBOI

Reaction score
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
X2VL4FM
Favorite Wrestler
lita
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Since I have done some job applications today and I'm a wee bit bored, I'm writing a random "Ask me anything" promo with Cali and her Twitch chat where it acts like an "Out of character" interview, and I could use some questions. Can be serious, can be light-hearted, and anything in between.
A question that Trixie's been wondering ever since these tweets...So, via her Twitch account that Cali helped her set up (they streamed together, remember? ;)) Trixie asks in the chat..."What's BDSM?" ;):p

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
A question that Trixie's been wondering ever since these tweets...So, via her Twitch account that Cali helped her set up (they streamed together, remember? ;)) Trixie asks in the chat..."What's BDSM?" ;):p

Cali will dodge the question hard.

• Haha
Reactions: WelshyBOI

WelshyBOI

Reaction score
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
X2VL4FM
Favorite Wrestler
lita
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Cali will dodge the question hard.
As long as it's in there, then Cali can answer it however you like ;) :p I mean, Cali could have a forgetful moment and says "Ask your mother", if you want, lol.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
As the show is... hopefully going to be done soon, I'm just going to do a little reminder. If you want feedback on character, promos, or general storyline stuff and you don't want to get in this thread, then feel free to DM me. I won't help you write match related promos, obviously, but sometimes getting someone to talk about this stuff or bounce ideas off of can get the energy pumping and just improve.

:)

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Now this is a promo I actually would love feedback on mainly because it is my first like... proper match promo with Vampiress. Even if she has appeared in promos and segments with Cali, it was always like conversational. The two having a conversation. Not a promo directed AT someone. I also tried to balance both "languages" a bit. All translated with brackets. What do you guys think of Vampiress in this promo and just the dynamic between her and Cali with how I'm advancing the story?