General Gaming Chat

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I'm ready for the 4thy hot tub stream now plz.
I actually was thinking about streaming earlier. It's something I'll definitely be considering again now, I tried it briefly on PS4 to stream Elden Ring and stuff, although those were mostly just test runs on PS4. If I could get a proper set-up going here, it could be pretty fun to stream some of my favourite games. Especially as I'll be like playing them for the first time again kind of, as PC Gaming is like an entirely new world to me.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I think Steam has a streaming option built in now if you want something simple. Back when I watched a lot of streams the program to use was OBS I think it was called.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I think Steam has a streaming option built in now if you want something simple. Back when I watched a lot of streams the program to use was OBS I think it was called.
Yeah I think OBS is still king if I'm not mistaken and it's free to use and set-up which is really nice :D

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Streaming can be a lot of fun if you treat it like a hobby and not a job.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o

Ah, what a lovely way to kick off 2024, eh?

Square Enix's President Takashi Kiryu has revealed that the company will be "aggressive in applying" AI in its content development and publishing divisions in the future after he praised the technology in a New Year's Letter (thanks, VGC).

Published on January 1st, 2024, the letter outlines industry innovations and Kiryu's vision for Square Enix moving forward. With AI specifically, he mentions that "generative AI has the potential not only to reshape what we create but also to fundamentally change the processes by which we create, including programming".

Kiryu then presents Square Enix's goals as it moves into 2024, stating his intention to increase knowledge sharing in the company, optimise resource allocation, promote global collaboration, and other thrilling means of conducting serious business.

In an alarming but not altogether surprising paragraph, he then mentions that Square Enix will be "aggressive in applying" AI for both short-term and long-term means:

"We also intend to be aggressive in applying AI and other cutting-edge technologies to both our content development and our publishing functions. In the short term, our goal will be to enhance our development productivity and achieve greater sophistication in our marketing efforts. In the longer term, we hope to leverage those technologies to create new forms of content for consumers, as we believe that technological innovation represents business opportunities."

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Absolutely loving PC Gaming, This past week I have played so much variety of games and even dabbled in an MMORPG (Runescape) which is totallly out of my wheelhouse but I'm having an absolute blast with it. It's a fun game to grind out without having to focus too heavily on it. I'm just about getting to grips with the Mouse and Keyboard but I am really enjoy using it, especially for shooters. It's just really satisfying to use. I think I really like the ease of access aspect to Steam as well. It's really easy to just boot up on the side, play a little and then exit out and do your internet browsing and stuff.

Reactions: Butters

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Been tinkering around with the PS2 Emulator (PCSX2) on my new PC. It runs so much better than it used to. Before the upgrade, I would get slow motion on most games, so it was pretty much unplayable for the most part. This has been working flawlessly, it makes me happy. Mostly been playing Need for Speed Underground 2 which works great, I always wanted to replay this game as it's one of my favourite ever racing games. This era of games was peak for me when it comes to that genre. Emulation for the PS2 has come such a long way, definitely feels like one of the best times to start digging in to the library.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I gotta look into PS2 Emulators. That'll be how I can get my NCAA Football fix I've been looking for for like 8 years.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
The collection I've built up so far using PCSX2. Got in to adding the cover art finally. Makes it look a lot cleaner to navigate.

PS2-Shelf-2.png

If you're looking for a good starting point, then these would be all games I would highly suggest for the system.

In their respective genres, I would say some of these were the peak of their era. Especially when it came to the racing games. I don't think they have quite the same charm in later generations. If I had to pick my Top 3 favourites of these, I would say Silent Hill 2, San Andreas and NFS Underground 2.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Also I have been testing out the PSP Emulator (PPSSPP) and it's one I would highly recommend to people just starting out with emulators. It's really simple to set-up. You don't even need a BIOS unlike the PS1 and PS2. It's just install and then add some ROMS and you are good to go. Plus the PSP has really small file sizes for games, so it's really quick to download a bunch of those. It is really low on system requirements and runs perfectly with the games.