Fortune, The Best Stable Since Evolution?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

iDak

Reaction score
Man...None of you know what you're talking about; especially Mr. Eric Eric (who I may know as a pain in the arse from another board)! Guys like Lethal and Kaz are the true future of TNA. The reason why old guys like Flair, Hogan, RVD, Nash are there is to help the young talent with their skills. They may be good in the ring, but don't have good speaking skills, or the other way around.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I think Fortune is a bad name. To me, it does not sound like a wrestling stable. I also don't think it's the be stable since Evolution. I think the best stable after Evolution was Age of The Fall. I think this has potential, I really, really hope this is not the big surprise. The promos for Impact were saying Ric Flair had a major announcement and what not. If this is, it's a major let down. I also hope this stable isn't short lived.

TNA is infamous for their lack of creativity when it comes to giving names. The Band and Phi Delta Slam are two just off the top of my head.

hbkfan

Reaction score
i think they have the potential to be a great stable it will just depend on how there booked but with tna and there past stables im not getting my hopes up.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
TNA is infamous for their lack of creativity when it comes to giving names.

True, what did VKM stand for again?

I don't trust anything TNA does until a legit feud happens with Fortune and someone with more credibility than Jay Lethal.

...god...

Reaction score
It has "potential," but shouldn't be in the same sentence as Evolution. Mainly because it's in TNA but yeah. Oh yeah, none of them are good on the mic? That's straight up bullshit, Enzo. Your perspective of mic skills is HIGHLY skewed if you believe that Wolfe is "semi-decent", then semi-decent must be better than 90% of the WWE roster, lol. Watch some of the promos this guy cut on Pope and the promos shortly afterwards when he was getting face reactions they were so damn good. He's so underutilized right now it's a fucking travesty. It's sad he had one of the greatest debuts in TNA history and now what the fuck happened to him? Why isn't Kurt Angle using some of his pull to make sure his epic feud and rub to Wolfe doesn't go to waste. The rest of this new faction's mic skills are all GOOD to GREAT, with the obvious exception of Kaz who is fairly bland and seems to be lacking something-most of which is charisma, imo.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
It is way too obvious that they are trying to be like Evolution. I don't think any other group in wrestling was made up of high class rich guys in suits with a sleek one word stable name like Fortune other than Evolution, which coincidentally Ric Flair was also in.

I am not too into it. The first promo last night was just a clusterfuck of mindless yapping and arguing mostly between Flair and Lethal leading to Flair telling Lethal he wanted him "all night long." I thought it was stupid, nobody got a word in by themselves, too much talking over one another.

BTW, Beer Money does not fit in with the rest. How is this group supposed to get off the ground when there is tension between Flair and AJ, tension between the group and Wolfe, and tension between Kaz and AJ? I have a hard time seeing this succeed, but then again I don't watch TNA to examine it in depth enough to judge this thing really.

Does anyone else think Kaz looks like a cross between Antonio Banderas and Bono?

Doomsday

Reaction score
Ric_Flair.jpg

Fuck the old bastard.
Ric Flair makes me hate this group.

Reaction score
It has "potential," but shouldn't be in the same sentence as Evolution. Mainly because it's in TNA but yeah. Oh yeah, none of them are good on the mic? That's straight up bullshit, Enzo. Your perspective of mic skills is HIGHLY skewed if you believe that Wolfe is "semi-decent", then semi-decent must be better than 90% of the WWE roster, lol. Watch some of the promos this guy cut on Pope and the promos shortly afterwards when he was getting face reactions they were so damn good. He's so underutilized right now it's a fucking travesty. It's sad he had one of the greatest debuts in TNA history and now what the fuck happened to him? Why isn't Kurt Angle using some of his pull to make sure his epic feud and rub to Wolfe doesn't go to waste. The rest of this new faction's mic skills are all GOOD to GREAT, with the obvious exception of Kaz who is fairly bland and seems to be lacking something-most of which is charisma, imo.

You're calling AJ good to great on the mic?? Seriously? Yah right. AJ is no better than Jonhnny Indyworker and comes off as a complete and utter tool with his Flair-esque persona. Just terrible and nothing that I would call "good to great". I haven't seen a Wolfe promo since like March and nothing he did until that point screamed "OMG AWESOMEZ". So I'm calling it how I see it, he's ok, semi-decent to what I've seen and to my viewing I can put at least 20 guys in WWE better than he. And then there's James Storm. I get it, he drinks beer and talks with a phony southern drawl. He's sub Wolfe, and again, nothing I would call "good to great". Roode is ok, I liked his arrogant, privileged singles character. He is definitely the better of the two in Beer Money and I'd probably call him the best on the mic, but still nothing special. I stand by what I said, none of them are that great, but I will try and catch some Wolfe promos to see if I see what you're seeing. But again, without Flair, these guys have nothing. But fuckin seriously, AJ "good to great" on the mic?

...god...

Reaction score
AJ is good, not great. You always seem overcritical of AJ who's stuck in a really hard position right now, but he can still play it off as funny as fuck, similar to his stint with Christian. He's not actually meant to be taken seriously, it's a joke, you think we're suppose to be like OMG HOW BADASS when he comes out in the Flair robe? Flair/AJ were the highlights of the show at one point when we were stuck with fucktarded Abyss. The whole faking the beating thing on the Impact directly after Destination X was lol, and I don't see any proof in any sort which would point to AJ being anything less than good on the mic. He's had the crowd going and absolutely pissed at him COUNTLESS times (I've stated this in a different AJ thread and also posted vids which I can't seem to find now) WITHOUT the aid of Flair. Basically any promo he had with Abyss was hilarious and playing off the douchebag character he was presenting perfectly (really had nothing to do with what Flair was portraying). The only legitimate complaint I've seen is he has a 'hick accent'... ok? Stupid. And good to great meaning encompassing them all... so Wolfe I would mark as great, as good as Pope. Roode/Storm have had some absolutely great and intense promos, the both of them, not just Roode. And sigh, it's so difficult to find promos of these two, there's like nothing on any sites. The promo I was thinking of specifically was the most recently backstage one after that their heel turn and 90% sure it was an Impact involving Beer Money vs. RVD/Hardy in some way.

EDIT: OK, found some good stuff.

AJ: [dm]xd0jua[/dm]
Seriously, how is that anything less than good?

[yt]cOYrbI-sOew[/yt]

There's the faking injury one, hahaha.

Wolfe: [dm]xch8b2[/dm]

Woo, found the one I was thinking of, really nothing else worth showing. Honestly. I can only think about 3 people at the top of my head who hands down top that from the WWE currently: Punk, Miz, and Edge.

...god...

Reaction score
Btw, not sure why this thread would include Wolfe anyways, since by what Flair stated, he shouldn't be in the faction because he lost to Lethal.

G 3

Reaction score
Btw, not sure why this thread would include Wolfe anyways, since by what Flair stated, he shouldn't be in the faction because he lost to Lethal.

Is Wolfe out though? I mean, this is TNA we're talking about.

xtremebadass

Reaction score

I didn't quite get that on TNA. Flair made the stipulation if he lost to Lethal he was out, but Flair didn't think twice when him and Wolfe were putting the 2 on 1 beatdown on Lethal. That made me think he is still in it.

G 3

Reaction score
I didn't quite get that on TNA. Flair made the stipulation if he lost to Lethal he was out, but Flair didn't think twice when him and Wolfe were putting the 2 on 1 beatdown on Lethal. That made me think he is still in it.

Yeah and the lost was via disqualification wasn't it? It could be worst though, remember the steel cage match ending in a dq?

Reaction score
AJ is good, not great. You always seem overcritical of AJ who's stuck in a really hard position right now, but he can still play it off as funny as fuck, similar to his stint with Christian. He's not actually meant to be taken seriously, it's a joke, you think we're suppose to be like OMG HOW BADASS when he comes out in the Flair robe? Flair/AJ were the highlights of the show at one point when we were stuck with fucktarded Abyss. The whole faking the beating thing on the Impact directly after Destination X was lol, and I don't see any proof in any sort which would point to AJ being anything less than good on the mic. He's had the crowd going and absolutely pissed at him COUNTLESS times (I've stated this in a different AJ thread and also posted vids which I can't seem to find now) WITHOUT the aid of Flair. Basically any promo he had with Abyss was hilarious and playing off the douchebag character he was presenting perfectly (really had nothing to do with what Flair was portraying). The only legitimate complaint I've seen is he has a 'hick accent'... ok? Stupid. And good to great meaning encompassing them all... so Wolfe I would mark as great, as good as Pope. Roode/Storm have had some absolutely great and intense promos, the both of them, not just Roode. And sigh, it's so difficult to find promos of these two, there's like nothing on any sites. The promo I was thinking of specifically was the most recently backstage one after that their heel turn and 90% sure it was an Impact involving Beer Money vs. RVD/Hardy in some way.

EDIT: OK, found some good stuff.

AJ: [dm]xd0jua[/dm]
Seriously, how is that anything less than good?

[yt]cOYrbI-sOew[/yt]

There's the faking injury one, hahaha.

Wolfe: [dm]xch8b2[/dm]

Woo, found the one I was thinking of, really nothing else worth showing. Honestly. I can only think about 3 people at the top of my head who hands down top that from the WWE currently: Punk, Miz, and Edge.

I know AJ's supposed to be a joke, but his promos still come off as second rate, even that video. That wasn't good, Dolph Ziggler can cut a promo at that level. I've seen Indy guys literally kill that promo.I'll tell you someone who is certainly better on the mic than AJ, in all seriousness, Sheamus. He's improved so much that it isn't even funny and he incorporates the facials incredibly well. But everytime I see AJ try to smile it looks too forced and fake and it detracts from his promos. He doesn't impress me on the mic because he just doesn't have top level mic skills. You can defend the position he's in and how he gets crowd heat, but we're talking the Impact Zone here, which is easily the worst group of fans in wrestling today.He just isn't doesn't impress me and I stand by that until otherwise convinced.

R.e Wolf: That was a good promo, no doubt, got to love that British accent. I will give him props. That was good. Now I want to see if he can carry an intense promo in a different monotone, that would give him the ability to truly cut an excellent promo.

R.e: Beer Money: I remember that promo when they had to face RVD/Hardy, it was decent, but nothing to write home about. Roode is still the better of the two on the mic and James Storm offers little, eventhough he does show some great heel mannerisms during his matches, and especially that time the two of them were reffing that Jarrett match.

As far as WWE goes, I'd say Wolfe measures up to a Chrisitian, but that's going by that one promo I saw. Or maybe Big Show good, because as a face or in a non-monster role, Show is one charismatic guy who can cut a really good promo. But to say he measures up to Miz, Edge, Cena (don't care how bland his promos have become, he can talk and rock a crowd like no other) Jericho, Punk or HHH well that's a lie. He doesn't even surpass Regal as the best Brit on American soil. Not saying he can't nor will he improve, because he certainly did in my eyes with that promo, but every mic worker has been able to diversify their promos. And I don't think he is "grossly underused" in TNA, he's not going to be their savior, British dudes just aren't geared at carrying an American promotion, but he should definitely be in the ME scene, but he's not the missing link to TNA's success.