Fortune, The Best Stable Since Evolution?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
It's been weeks that Flair, AJ, Beer Money, and Wolfe have been with each other. Kaz was recently added to the mix. And on last nights Impact, the stable was officially made, with Flair naming them Fortune. This stable has the potential to be the best since Evolution and The Horsemen before that. To really make them work, they need to just go out and kick demolish everyone. Let everyone know they aren't a joke. That includes Wolfe too who's been booked like shit. I just hope they don't go down the route of keep kicking people out and adding in new people. The one's they have now are great for the role. They can really go with the title sweep in getting all the titles. As stated above, the potential is endless, I just hope they don't mess it up.

What are your thoughts on Fortune?

G 3

Reaction score
I think Fortune is a bad name. To me, it does not sound like a wrestling stable. I also don't think it's the be stable since Evolution. I think the best stable after Evolution was Age of The Fall. I think this has potential, I really, really hope this is not the big surprise. The promos for Impact were saying Ric Flair had a major announcement and what not. If this is, it's a major let down. I also hope this stable isn't short lived.

Reaction score
I think that over time the stable will evolve into a good stable. And from the looks of things, Wolfe is already out. I think that they should keep the 5 guys.

Reaction score
Is Fortune trying to be a play on the proposed WWE stable The Fortunate Sons?

I guess to determine if TNA is capable of running a good stable, I have to ask the general question: "Was the Main Event Mafia a good stable?"

G 3

Reaction score
In terms of power and a group of big names, yes.

Main Event Mafia sucked. It was a total failure full of wrestlers that should have retired long ago. The only two wrestlers that can still put a good match on are Angle and Booker, Joe too if you count him as a member.

Reaction score
Main Event Mafia sucked. It was a total failure full of wrestlers that should have retired long ago. The only two wrestlers that can still put a good match on are Angle and Booker, Joe too if you count him as a member.
They were there to take over TNA and to win titles by any means necessary. Nothing else. They were a group of former world champions. They didn't have to put on great matches.

G 3

Reaction score
They were there to take over TNA and to win titles by any means necessary. Nothing else. They were a group of former world champions. They didn't have to put on great matches.

Is that not the goal of every wrestler? You know put on good matches.

Reaction score
Is that not the goal of every wrestler? You know put on good matches.
The goal of every wrestler is to make a name for themselves and to support themselves financially in the process. Everybody in the MEM didn't have to put on great matches, they had support of their fellow stable members to help them win matches and championships.

G 3

Reaction score
You're an idiot. No fucking shit they want to make a living. MEM sucked, the frontline sucked, World Elite sucked, can't think of anymore. Team Canada is the only good stable that I can remember. Hopefully, TNA has made some good plans for Fortune and don't book it stupidly like MEM was.

Reaction score
^^^You can be having the best matches in the world to in the opinion of the IWC, but regular fans won't care if you're not over and charasmatic. The object of a wrestler is to entertain the audience to the point of getting over and moving up the card. Good matches is just a by product of being a wrestler. HBK was an entertainer first and a good wrestler second. Flair was an entertainer first, wrestler second. The only exception to this rule is probably Benoit and the Puro guys.

And who ever compared a stable that's just barely been together for a week to Evolution and most importantly, the Horsemen, just stop. Without Flair, this group is NOTHING. The only one who is semi-decent on the mic is Wolfe and he's just that; semi decent. You have to give this some time before you can even compare them to the World Elite. How do we know they just won't flame out like the rest of TNA's stables? A bunch of good wrestlers don't make a good stable, a bunch of good workers do and you have to be able to entertain beyond having good matches to be a good worker. Just please don't compare them to the Horsemen, because NONE of these guys, well except Flair of course, have anything on ANY of the original Horsemen. .

G 3

Reaction score
Enzo I think you would have to watch or rewatch the promo, Ric Flair was calling it the recreation of the Four Horsemen, he was leaving out Wolfe since there is 5 of them. I think they're over hyping it. I would really like to see this stable turn into something great, but I doubt that will happen. And, I believe Roode is pretty decent on the microphone too. So far, the only nemesis of Fortune is Jay Lethal which is a little sad. They should at least make it Jeff Hardy, Kennedy or RVD however they clump all of them up with Abyss in a four way. I hope that the sole purpose of Fortune isn't to combat the ECW group.

Reaction score
See, that's exactly the point. How can people be excited for 5 people feuding with JAY LETHAL? As far as nobodies in TNA go, Lethal is high on that totem pole and it's a HUGE slap in the face of Beer Money, AJ and Wolfe, who could be doing better things separately. A stable needs to make an impact, the Horsemen jumped Dusty and Magnum TA, Evolution feuded with Goldberg and HBK and so on and so on. No one cares about Lethal. And if this stable was created to deal with the ECW stable, man that could blow up in TNA's face and the crowd could double turn each faction.

Mr Eric Eric

Reaction score
See, that's exactly the point. How can people be excited for 5 people feuding with JAY LETHAL? As far as nobodies in TNA go, Lethal is high on that totem pole and it's a HUGE slap in the face of Beer Money, AJ and Wolfe,

I agree 100%.

I like the stable except Kazarian who is another nobody.
Wolfe and Beer Money are great on the mic, Styles is good on the mic, not as good as the others. Kazarian sucks on the mic.