Flair vs hbk a showstopper?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HBKforever

Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that HBK and Ric Flair have been around the longest of anyone else in the WWE. They also happen to be two of the greatest of all time at calling matches. If you think some indy nobody....or better yet, some tna nobody.....can call a better match, especially for Wrestlemania, than you are nuts. I hope Flair comes out and does a 450 splash just to spite you(obvious sarcasm before you inevitably come out and bash me).

JohnnyMayCry29

Reaction score
Im getting a feeling that this match will have an atmosphere similar to flair's match at Wrestlemania 8 with randy savage. That match was one of my favorite WM matches of all time. I know flair is older now but being that its possibly his last match he will do alot more things in the ring then expected, I wouldnt be suprised to see flair bleeding as well. I just wish they would give this storyline more of a push then mayweather because it could be explosise with flair and michaels going at each other week in and week out. WWE is not giving it great hype

kingovkings

Reaction score
Personally i couldn't give a flying fxxk if flair does the same move set he has been doing for the last six month i am syked about this match flair is a legend and HBK ALWAYS pulls off amazing matches at mania so I'm well up for this match. And i agree with some of the above post that ppl with a brain and actually know a thing or too about wrestling(by the way that doesn't include you roxii) that flair doesn't need a high flying move set he has all the other more important attributes that a really good wrestler needs, he knows how to work a match like no1 in the wwe can, has ring psychology and knows how to sell not to mention his mic skills. roll on wm24 The nature boy vs The show stopper :)

JohnnyMayCry29

Reaction score
This match will be a classic! i can see it now, either one who wins there will be a handshake of respect at the end of the match and that picture will be worth a million words. Now on ric flair being boring I dont see how alot of people can say he will put on a boring match, If every wrestler used the same moves and had the same pace it would be quite repetitive, every wrestler no matter what promotion they work for has to be different with what they do and say in the ring, Everyone can like and dislike whoever they please but you cant say that flair is bad at what he loves to do most and thats entertain us fans.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Flair gets a better reaction than 99% of professional wrestlers in the world. That would constitute something that, "takes some real talent", since getting a reaction from the crowd is the most important aspect of big time pro wrestling.

So I expect you to concede that Flair has some real wrestling ability. But you won't because you live in a fantasy world were Indy wrestlers are better than Flair and performing pointless moves like the Canadian Destroyer is more important than the fans caring about you.
Making people like you has nothing to do with wrestling ability. Plenty of people like Jerry Seinfeld and would cheer the hell out of him, but that doesn't mean his in-ring abilities are of showstopping quality. You seem to think that a balding jiggling redfaced fat man is actually a talented performer. Try to understand the difference between being liked and having actual talent, then get back to me. Indy wrestlers are MUCH more talented than Flair, and once they are given a chance in the big time and get a chance to do some promos most of them are plenty capable of matching his pops.

Also, before you go knocking the Canadian Destroyer over and over as if it's integral to my distaste for Flair, try to explain the realism of a 58 year old holding on to a person's foot with one hand for about 8 seconds before actually doing the figure-four, and the person just laying there begging him to not continue. And besides, even though the Canadian Destroyer is incredibly unrealistic, it may astonish you to know that some people watch wrestling to see wrestling. They tune in to see one hell of an athlete face off against another one and get absolutely blown away by what they can do. Other people prefer to see 58 year old bald fat men slap people for 15 minutes. I guess that's where we differ.
You Roxxi Laveaux Fagboy will always be a Ric Flair wannabe!!!(Just felt like throwing out a bad ass Flair promo, one of the many reasons why he's one of the greatest of all time)

Anyway if you think that anyone is going to do a run-in during Ric Flair's last match and a WM match to boot your dumber than I thought you were, and that would be saying a lot.

Also I was unaware that you had to do spring board moonsaults and shooting star presses to not be an embarrassment to professional wrestling. Personally I'd much rather watch a Ric Flair match than your ugly ass vodoo witch craft dike chick's matches. As CenaMark said earlier professional wrestling has a lot more to do with ring psychology and some of the other things I said earlier opposed to just in-ring work rate.
'Wannabe' is badass to you? Wow. Doesn't take much to impress the flair marks. But then, acting like breaking out the almighty HIP TOSS is such a huge thing already showed us that.

Again, that was an example of how the previous exaggerated example could happen. Christ, can't you tell the difference between a ficticious example and an actual prediction of what will happen? Of course nobody will run in. Hell, I wouldn't want anybody to. If that did happen Flair marks would be saying "omg it took THREE PEOPLE to come in and cheat to make Flair lose!"

You don't have to have Jeff Hardy's moveset to not be an embarassment to professional wrestling. You don't have to be able to go through a match without using the same single move over and over. You don't have to be young. You don't have to be able to wrestle for longer than ten minutes without long periods of stalling. You don't have to have any trace of muscle. You don't have to actually have muscle even though you just don't have the body type to show it. You don't have to be able to wrestle for five minutes without your face turning beet red. You don't have to be able to go through a match without being carried by your opponent.

But it would help if at least ONE of the above wasn't true about Flair.

Also, i'm not 5, so don't bring "Durr my faverit is betur den ur faverit" into this. Misspellings intentional, before you try to call me on them.

HBKforever

Reaction score
It's called building the match up. Getting the crowd on its feet going nuts during the pivotal point of the match. A great match tells a story and HBK and Flair are still two of the best at doing that. This ain't the original ECW son, if you wanna see shitty wrestlers do acrobatic moves, you can go on Youtube and type in backyard wrestling. That's a little bit more close to your interests and knowledge of professional wrestling.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Also, i'm not 5, so don't bring "Durr my faverit is betur den ur faverit" into this. Misspellings intentional, before you try to call me on them.

First of all this isn't english class so I wouldn't have called you out on a misspelling unlike you have to me and others on numerous occasions because your arguments are so fucking stupid the only thing you can do is make fun of other people's typos because you can' defend yourself.

Second of all Ric Flair is not my favorite wrestler. However my point is that if your stupid enough to have a vodoo magic witch that is completely hideous as your favorite wrestler I think it speaks to the credibility of your knowledge of wrestling.

Also you clearly have never seen that video promo/preview from Bad Blood 2004(not sure which year) if you don't think that, that was bad ass. That is one of my all time favorite promo packages. Yet again tho I wouldn't expect you to understand the greatness of it or even admit that it was sweet.

HBKforever

Reaction score
And I don't know about Roxxi being a Ric Flair wannabe.....but Roxxi Laveaux herself is nothing more than a Lita wannabe. Face facts compadre, you can't get more of a headline grabbing match than the limosine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun, the 16 time champion, the Nature Boy Ric Flair (Wooo!) vs. the showstopper, the headliner, the main event, the first grand slam winner in the WWE, The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels. You come out here and you talk about how popularity doesn't matter, and you don't have to be a good wrestler to be good like. Well hbkforever asks you this Roxxi, why are there so many other pro wrestlers coming out and calling Ric Flair the best of all time? Why is it that Ric Flair goes out there, even now when he's past his prime, and gets one of the biggest pops of the night? Why do people in the front row always bow when he comes out? The fact is, that Ric Flair is arguably the best of all time....and it will show come Wrestlemania. You will not see the Ric Flair of 2008......you will not see the Ric Flair of 1988.....but you will see a Ric Flair that comes out and gives a performance that will be talked about for years to come because people remember the last thing youd did, and believe me.....Ric Flair's final performance will reflect his entire career: Legendary.....WOOOOO!!!!!

JohnnyMayCry29

Reaction score
I like nikki roxx in shimmer she put on some great matches but why are we comparing her to flair, shes a womens athlete and flair is a male wrestler. If we were comparing her to maria then it would be different because maria is a piece of crap that does not belong in a wrestling ring, her job can be done anywhere at anytime but please get her out of the ring, Nikki Roxx is a pure athlete then most of the WWE women, beth, mickie and victoria are just as good. Anyways Flair vs HBK will be great they said tonight they are going to steal the show and thats a bold statement when having money in the bank, edge vs taker on a card

HHHforever

Reaction score
^I'm not comparing her to Flair. I'm simply saying that anyone who has a vodoo witch as their favorite wrestler and thinks Ric Flair is worthless has no credibility in my book.

CenaMark54

Making people like you has nothing to do with wrestling ability. Plenty of people like Jerry Seinfeld and would cheer the hell out of him, but that doesn't mean his in-ring abilities are of showstopping quality. You seem to think that a balding jiggling redfaced fat man is actually a talented performer. Try to understand the difference between being liked and having actual talent, then get back to me. Indy wrestlers are MUCH more talented than Flair, and once they are given a chance in the big time and get a chance to do some promos most of them are plenty capable of matching his pops.

Yes making people like you if you are a face and hate you if you are a heel is the single most important aspect of professional wrestling. How hard is that to understand? How is it that you make people like you you may ask? Jerry Seinfeld isn't just some shmuck who walked in off the street. He earned the respect for his work. Wrestlers like Flair earn it through their inring work, charisma, promo ability, and all around wrestling excellence.

If "making people like you" is so easy why is it that most people who come up through the wrestling ranks fail in the wrestling industry? Its because they suck. It just so happens that the most over wrestlers in history are also the greatest. Hogan, Flair, The Rock, Bruno, Austin, Cena. It is their abilities that pushed them to the top. Nothing else. If you don't have talent, people won't react to you, plain and simple.

And stop comparing Indy wrestlers to Ric Flair. Just because 10 people in Shitsville USA think you are a God doesn't mean you can step into the big time and make it. Millions have tried and millions have failed. Most of those Indy wrestlers you love so much, would step into the WWE, cut a promo, work a match, and get zero reaction. Why? Because they don't have the Pro wrestling abilities Flair has. There is a reason people will be saying WOOOO long after Flair has shit the bed and most of those Indy hacks will be working at Blockbuster.

JohnnyMayCry29

Reaction score
gotcha! Some people just like to argue. I like all aspects of wrestling whether it be high flying, technical, scientific stradegy with submissions, hardcore, I love shimmer womens athletes, all the matches in shimmer are solid. I think every wrestler has a different agenda and its hard to say one person is better then the other, thats why I never say bad things about wrestlers, storylines well thats a different story because you know us fans can write a hell of alot better so I will be judgmental on a storyline discussion, lol

So what did you all think on HBK telling flair it was gonna be a match thats gonna steal the show?

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
And I don't know about Roxxi being a Ric Flair wannabe.....but Roxxi Laveaux herself is nothing more than a Lita wannabe. Face facts compadre, you can't get more of a headline grabbing match than the limosine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun, the 16 time champion, the Nature Boy Ric Flair (Wooo!) vs. the showstopper, the headliner, the main event, the first grand slam winner in the WWE, The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels. You come out here and you talk about how popularity doesn't matter, and you don't have to be a good wrestler to be good like. Well hbkforever asks you this Roxxi, why are there so many other pro wrestlers coming out and calling Ric Flair the best of all time? Why is it that Ric Flair goes out there, even now when he's past his prime, and gets one of the biggest pops of the night? Why do people in the front row always bow when he comes out? The fact is, that Ric Flair is arguably the best of all time....and it will show come Wrestlemania. You will not see the Ric Flair of 2008......you will not see the Ric Flair of 1988.....but you will see a Ric Flair that comes out and gives a performance that will be talked about for years to come because people remember the last thing youd did, and believe me.....Ric Flair's final performance will reflect his entire career: Legendary.....WOOOOO!!!!!
Lol, I can barely read this without doing a rather odd mix of laughing and cringing. Sheer lemmingish marking. But I am glad that people will remember the last thing he did. They'll remember, and they'll wonder what the hell they were thinking to actually cheer for such a level of untalent.

If you want to respect what Flair did 20 years ago, that's what the hall of fame is for. It's NOT what in-ring time on any televised match is for, nevermind Wrestlemania.
I like nikki roxx in shimmer she put on some great matches but why are we comparing her to flair, shes a womens athlete and flair is a male wrestler. If we were comparing her to maria then it would be different because maria is a piece of crap that does not belong in a wrestling ring, her job can be done anywhere at anytime but please get her out of the ring, Nikki Roxx is a pure athlete then most of the WWE women, beth, mickie and victoria are just as good.
Thank you. Anytime I say anything HHHForever or Kaedon will come out with "HURR WEL @ LEST FLAIR/HHH IZ BETR DEN ROCKSY LAVOW!!" And they say it as if it's a valid argument and progression in the debate. Like... wow. *shakes head*

HBKforever

Reaction score
thank you for calling my remarks lemmingish. I am apparantly a hamster now, if that's the worst insult you can come up with then I am fine with that. There is nobody other than you that will think that Flair is untalented, and like HBK said himself on Raw......they are going to steal the show.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Thank you. Anytime I say anything HHHForever or Kaedon will come out with "HURR WEL @ LEST FLAIR/HHH IZ BETR DEN ROCKSY LAVOW!!" And they say it as if it's a valid argument and progression in the debate. Like... wow. *shakes head*

Do you know why we say that? Because as I said before it goes to credibility. I don't respect anyone's opinion whose all time favorite wrestler is a vodoo witch, sorry. And can you please stop calling everyone a hampster, it's very akward and pointless. Oh and if you don't want me to refer to you as a she you probably shouldn't end your posts with the phrase, like wow.

CenaMark is 150% right. Why the fuck is Shelton Benjamin not a champion yet? He has just as much if not more athleticism and ring ability than anyone on the roster, because he has no charisma and no mic skills. When he comes out you can hear a pin drop. NO ONE CARES! If you can't make people care then your a shitty professional wrestler. This isn't high school wrestling where the best wrestler wins. It's professional wrestling and all those other things count 500 times more than in ring ability. Why is Hulk Hogan one of the best professional wrestlers and most liked wrestlers of all time? Certainly not because of his in ring ability. Your hate for Ric Flair and your inability to admit that your wrong blinds you from seeing the truth. And as I've said before if your not happy with the matches, then don't fucking watch. You've never once answered my question as to why you watch the WWE yet you continue to moan and bitch about how much the product sucks. It's idiots like you that makes the McMahon family such geniuses. People like to watch so they can complain. If you truly hate this match as much as you say then you won't watch Mania.