Flair vs hbk a showstopper?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HHHforever

Reaction score
^You need to start learning to respect Flair. Your absolutely ridculous. Flair's career has been absolutely phenominal. This match from a work rate might not be the match of the night. But if you think about all the pagentry and everything that's going to happen. Saturday night Ric Flair get's inducted to the HOF which will be an amazin event. Then at WM Flair is going to come out in what will be in all likely hood his last match and poor his heart out. Flair will work his ass off in that ring and HBK will do everything he can to make sure it's a great match. This will by no means steal anyone's money, it will be one of the most memorable matches in history. BTW since when does the color that someones skins turns in the match make a match good or bad?

HBKforever

Reaction score
This match should have happened 8 years ago and the only thing it will steal is your money.

This match should've happened 8 years ago? Really Roxxi? That would put the match in the year 2000. Last time I checked HBK was still on the shelf with a broken back and drugged out of his brains at that time. Yea, I'm sure that would've been a GREAT match. I mean, I haven't been on this forum long....but I can already see that you're mentally incapacitated. Let me put it in terms you can understand. Wreslemania=Flair Last Match.......Last Match=No More Match After.......No More Match After=Flair Have Nothing To Save For.....Flair Have Nothing To Save For=Pull Out All Stops.....Flair Pull Out All Stops + Wrestle With THE Show Stopper=Match That Steals Show. Yayyyy!!!!!! (clap hands)

HHHforever

Reaction score
Roxxi,
The IWF DX just had two word for you....... SUCK IT!

Seriously though hbkforever makes a great point. Flair has nothing to save, he's going to pore his heart out into that match. And HBK at WM is just self explanatory. There is no way that this will be a bad match. I'll say it again. This might not be the MOTN, but this will be the most remembered match of the night. When you look back on WM 24 in 10 years that will be the match you remember.

CT Styles

If we had the technology, which w don't I would love to see these two go at it in their prime. God Damn that would be an amazing match. It will be a memorable match definitely and if done right be an awesome match. People will make it out to be the best match ever even if its shit. It's Flairs last match and no-one will say its shit. No matter what, like I said above it will be remembered and be made out to be an aweosme match even if its shit.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
^You need to start learning to respect Flair. Your absolutely ridculous. Flair's career has been absolutely phenominal. This match from a work rate might not be the match of the night. But if you think about all the pagentry and everything that's going to happen. Saturday night Ric Flair get's inducted to the HOF which will be an amazin event. Then at WM Flair is going to come out in what will be in all likely hood his last match and poor his heart out. Flair will work his ass off in that ring and HBK will do everything he can to make sure it's a great match. This will by no means steal anyone's money, it will be one of the most memorable matches in history. BTW since when does the color that someones skins turns in the match make a match good or bad?
Respect for veterans has a limit. Flair has absolutely no business being in the ring at his age. Heck, you know what? Age isn't really a fair measure, since Chuck Norris is 68, Arnold Schwarzenegger is 60, and look at them. Flair has absolutely no business being in the ring given his level of unfitness and untalent. Allowing him to wrestle, and WIN in ANY way, severely devalues the product. I need to learn to start respecting him? You need to learn to see when someone is over a decade past their prime. Flair isn't just a 'little rusty'. Pick anyone, ANYONE from any indy promotion you want, and that wrestler will either be on par with Flair or better. The only thing memorable about this match will be how much HBK had to carry Flair for the entire 8 minutes this match will take up because that's the longest Flair can go without passing out.
This match should've happened 8 years ago? Really Roxxi? That would put the match in the year 2000. Last time I checked HBK was still on the shelf with a broken back and drugged out of his brains at that time. Yea, I'm sure that would've been a GREAT match.
You know very well I meant that Flair should have RETIRED 8 years ago. Soooo sorry I didn't go to wikipedia and see what HBK was doing 8 years ago at this time. Pick someone else to do it then... perhaps someone who could actually USE the push, but that's a whole other issue.

Don't nitpick, it wastes both our times.
Seriously though hbkforever makes a great point. Flair has nothing to save, he's going to pore his heart out into that match. And HBK at WM is just self explanatory. There is no way that this will be a bad match. I'll say it again. This might not be the MOTN, but this will be the most remembered match of the night. When you look back on WM 24 in 10 years that will be the match you remember.
Ok, you spelled it two different ways so far, so here it is:

POUR

Get it? Good.

How will it be a great match? The fact that Flair will be trying hard doesn't somehow magically give him actual talent. The only thing we'll remember about this match is how sad it was. We'll remember how hard HBK worked carrying Flair throughout. We will remember it as a prime example of why the general public mocks professional wrestling and thinks the fans of it are idiots. And of course, when it comes to Flair slapping HBK's chest and putting him in the figure-four for five minutes, this match will be beside 'overselling' the the WWE Dictionary.

You can say it's a must-see because it's a retirement match for Flair, but don't even TRY to equate it to even a midcard match in terms of quality and talent. That's just a spit in the face to all the talent in WWE and to professional wrestling in it's entirety. This match will be on par with Hornswoggle Vs. JBL with no interference and Horny winning.

HBKforever

Reaction score
I could keep posting about this a million times and you still wouldn't get the point. Flair is not going to use the same moveset for this match that he would for an ordinary match. It's his last match! To equate this to JBL vs. Hornswaggle is not only a slap in the face to Flair and HBK, but every sane wrestling fan there is. I'm pretty sure that HBK vs. McMahon stole the show at WM 22. Would you say that Vince McMahon is a better wrestler now than Ric Flair? Please do, because it would only make your argument look more pointless. HBK and Flair can and will have a great match that could steal the show. According to Roxxi, however, this match wouldn't make it past Heat let alone Wrestlemania.

HHHforever

Reaction score
So you come on here and tel HBKforever not to nit pick about your postings because it wastes everyone's time then you post how I made a spelling error? Way to totally contradict yourself fucktard. And who calls someone out on a spelling error? You just know that I'm right so you have to find something as stupid as a typo to complain about.

So an Indy promotional wrestler is equal to or better than Ric Flair? This is why your a fucking idiot. Wrestling isn't just about in-ring work rate. You have to be charasmatic, have good mic skills, be over with the fans, etc. Flair has more charasima than anyone on the roster, is one of the best mic workers of all time, and he's incredibly over with the fans. Workrate is a part of wrestling, but is it the most important thing? No fucking way. If it was then guys like Shelton Benjamin who have amazing in-ring ability, but absolutely none of the other things that Flair has, would be a multiple time world champion. If you would start to learn what a professional wrestler is you would see what this will be the most memorable match of the night.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
could keep posting about this a million times and you still wouldn't get the point. Flair is not going to use the same moveset for this match that he would for an ordinary match. It's his last match! To equate this to JBL vs. Hornswaggle is not only a slap in the face to Flair and HBK, but every sane wrestling fan there is. I'm pretty sure that HBK vs. McMahon stole the show at WM 22. Would you say that Vince McMahon is a better wrestler now than Ric Flair? Please do, because it would only make your argument look more pointless. HBK and Flair can and will have a great match that could steal the show. According to Roxxi, however, this match wouldn't make it past Heat let alone Wrestlemania.
Oh really? Flair is gonna be doing springboard moonsaults from the apron to the announce table? Maybe a double chokeslam to HBK and Orton? And then he'll finish it off with a Canadian Destroyer. Yes, because Flair has this hidden supermoveset that he's been saving for the past decade for this very night. Give me a break. The Flair you've been seeing for the past four months is the Flair you'll be seeing at WM24.

CenaMark54

Pick anyone, ANYONE from any indy promotion you want, and that wrestler will either be on par with Flair or better.

Dead wrong. No one knows how to work a match like Ric Flair. Not anyone in the WWE. Not anyone in TNA. Not anyone in your local indy promotion.

In fact, those indy guys you love so much and anyone under the age of 40 can learn something from Flair about in ring psychology, the art of selling, and how to work a crowd. It doesn't matter how many moves you do or how fast you work the match. You have to sell the moves you perform and you have to take your cue's from the crowd. The crowd should dictate the pace of your match, not Dave Meltzer's rating system.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Why would Flair double choke slam HBK and Orton if Orton isn't even in the match? Idiot.

HBKforever

Reaction score
Ok, now don't be stupid. Just because you exaggerate what I'm saying doesn't make you correct. Of course he's not gonna come out and be jeff hardy. I'm saying he's going to pull out some more technical wrestling moves. Some suplexes, hip tosses, moves like that. What I'm saying is that he's not going to come out and do nothing but chops and the figure four which is what you're naive enough to believe will happen.

CenaMark54

Oh really? Flair is gonna be doing springboard moonsaults from the apron to the announce table? Maybe a double chokeslam to HBK and Orton? And then he'll finish it off with a Canadian Destroyer. Yes, because Flair has this hidden supermoveset that he's been saving for the past decade for this very night. Give me a break. The Flair you've been seeing for the past four months is the Flair you'll be seeing at WM24.

Why would Ric Flair attempt a move as unrealistic as the Canadian Destroyer? Flair only attempts moves that make sense. He isn't some hack looking for a cheap temporary pop based off of some flashy looking move.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Why would Flair double choke slam HBK and Orton if Orton isn't even in the match? Idiot.
Just an example. But perhaps Orton takes out the ref and tries to injure Flair to ensure he loses? It's not hard to come up with a reason for him to be there. Same with Kennedy and MVP.
Why would Ric Flair attempt a move as unrealistic as the Canadian Destroyer? Flair only attempts moves that make sense. He isn't some hack looking for a cheap temporary pop based off of some flashy looking move.
Just saying, once he does something that takes some real talent, i'll concede that Flair still has some real wrestling ability and him being in the ring does not embarass professional wrestling. That will of course never happen, but it doesn't matter, because apparently all it takes is a hip toss to impress the Flair marks.

CenaMark54

Just saying, once he does something that takes some real talent, i'll concede that Flair still has some real wrestling ability and him being in the ring does not embarass professional wrestling. That will of course never happen, but it doesn't matter, because apparently all it takes is a hip toss to impress the Flair marks.

Flair gets a better reaction than 99% of professional wrestlers in the world. That would constitute something that, "takes some real talent", since getting a reaction from the crowd is the most important aspect of big time pro wrestling.

So I expect you to concede that Flair has some real wrestling ability. But you won't because you live in a fantasy world were Indy wrestlers are better than Flair and performing pointless moves like the Canadian Destroyer is more important than the fans caring about you.

HHHforever

Reaction score
You Roxxi Laveaux Fagboy will always be a Ric Flair wannabe!!!(Just felt like throwing out a bad ass Flair promo, one of the many reasons why he's one of the greatest of all time)

Anyway if you think that anyone is going to do a run-in during Ric Flair's last match and a WM match to boot your dumber than I thought you were, and that would be saying a lot.

Also I was unaware that you had to do spring board moonsaults and shooting star presses to not be an embarrassment to professional wrestling. Personally I'd much rather watch a Ric Flair match than your ugly ass vodoo witch craft dike chick's matches. As CenaMark said earlier professional wrestling has a lot more to do with ring psychology and some of the other things I said earlier opposed to just in-ring work rate.