Fifa World Cup 2014 - Deutschland über alles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
We could surprise. They looked good in a friendly against Turkey. My homies Dempsey and Jozy seem to be on form.

Problem is our backline is inexperienced and has no chemistry. If we can't outright beat Ghana in the opener we are toast. They sent us home the last two WCs so we have motivation. If nothing else, the team is playing a more visually appealing brand of football these days, and I am excited to move forward behind Klinsmann even if I am pissed about his decision concerning Donovan. We definitely could have used LD as the late game spark off of the bench.

I mean any team could surprise ;) Jozy? as in Jozy Altidore? I do hope he can perform for you if you mean him...he has spent two seasons in the BPL, one with Hull and one with Sunderland but he has scored less than 5 goals combined over those two seasons. I literally just checked his strike rate for the US national team...why can't he score in the BPL! I agree that Donovan should have been in the squad.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
We could surprise. They looked good in a friendly against Turkey. My homies Dempsey and Jozy seem to be on form.

Against Turkey? lol

You guys will be destroyed in the group stage, I'd be surprised if the US got any points..

I think Germany or Brazil will win this year, leaning more towards Brazil based on their current form and lack of a need for climate adaptation.

Yeah, Germany and Brazil surely are the candidates to win the cup. But so are Portugal, Italy and Spain. I'd like to think that Uruguay will be a surprise factor during the tournament.

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Yeah, Germany and Brazil surely are the candidates to win the cup. But so are Portugal, Italy and Spain. I'd like to think that Uruguay will be a surprise factor during the tournament.

I actually think Uruguay will probably beat us, they don't need to adapt to the climate but we certainly do with our fucking weather. I don't see Portugal doing particularly well.

Shit, just noticed you're rooting for the same teams I am. lol

I'll be rooting for the consistently over-rated L'Angleterre ;) until our inevitable demise. I do predict Germany or Brazil to triumph however!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I mean any team could surprise ;) Jozy? as in Jozy Altidore? I do hope he can perform for you if you mean him...he has spent two seasons in the BPL, one with Hull and one with Sunderland but he has scored less than 5 goals combined over those two seasons. I literally just checked his strike rate for the US national team...why can't he score in the BPL! I agree that Donovan should have been in the squad.
I can't blame him for not scoring for a shit team like Sunderland.

He was near the top of the goal scoring chart for the Dutch league with AZ.

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
He was near the top of the goal scoring chart for the Dutch league with AZ.

This is true but the Dutch league is not on the same level as the BPL, Ligue 1, Serie A, Bundesliga and of course La Liga. I actually just checked his goal-scoring record in the BPL, he has scored only two league goals over two full seasons...:shock:

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Can't see past Brazil or Argentina for winning this tbh, as for England, really dunno how well we will do, this is probably the lowest expectations going into a world cup for a long time, so hopefully the pressure and hype is not gonna be heaped onto the players as it normally is

It's an interesting group for sure, the Italians are not the team they once were, and notoriously slow starters at major tourneys, but they still have some absolutely outstanding players (one my favourites in the ageless Pirlo), and as usual will be hard to beat. Uruguay are a decent side, but personally think they are a bit overhyped as to how good they are, yes up front they are pretty impressive with Suarez, Cavanni and Forlan, but they aren't that strong at the back (one cb couldn't get in the West Brom side and the other doesn't get a game for Liverpool). Costa Rica i profess to not know a great deal about

For me it boils down to the Italy game, can't afford to lose that, a draw would be ok though, and then maybe sneak through the group, I dunno

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
This is true but the Dutch league is not on the same level as the BPL, Ligue 1, Serie A, Bundesliga and of course La Liga. I actually just checked his goal-scoring record in the BPL, he has scored only two league goals over two full seasons...:shock:
Wickham scored more goal in the last 5 games of the season than Altidore did ALL SEASON, scoring against teams like Man United and Chelsea, Altidore couldn't score the goals Wickham did with 10x more games.

Altidore is garbage and got away with taking on 16 teams with piss poor defences in Holland. Might as well rocket his ban account and move to Russia or back to MLS and play for NYC FC, seeing him in BPL is just tragic at this point. He makes Johan Elmander look somewhat prolific....