• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Lukaku is injured and will probably miss the cup. Well fucketifuck

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Same for Falcao and Reus, and those are just two examples from the top of my head. So many injuries this year its crazy!

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Gotta go with Portugal. [HASHTAG]#DarkHorse[/HASHTAG]

Dark Horse indeed. Can't see them getting past the quarters due to their lack of strength in depth.

This is a huge loss for them after the injury to Benteke, their two star strikers picking up injuries may significantly damage them.

Same for Falcao and Reus, and those are just two examples from the top of my head. So many injuries this year its crazy!

It's crazy! Don't forget Ribery and possibly Ronaldo!

Last edited:

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Regarding who I have the most support for this World Cup, gotta be South Korea, I've been a SK mark since 2002. Ji Sung is now gone but if Son Heung-min is available to play up front I'm optimistic in regards to snatching second. They will obviously not make the last 4 (you never know) but I hope to see them at least repeat 2010 and make the last 16.

As a kid I supported England, showing support to my fellow British nation (we call it "home nation"), but then I realised I didn't want to support them for the fact they push Wales and Scotland down.

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
Dark Horse indeed. Can't see them getting past the quarters due to their lack of strength in depth.

This is a huge loss for them after the injury to Benteke, their two star strikers picking up injuries may significantly damage them.

It's crazy! Don't forget Ribery and possibly Ronaldo!
Portugal did make the semi-finals of Euro 2012 with no depth. If they don't get injured and play as a team, the sky's the limit with them.

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Portugal did make the semi-finals of Euro 2012 with no depth. If they don't get injured and play as a team, the sky's the limit with them.

This is very true, although the world cup is a different kettle of fish my friend, there is far stronger competition.

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
This is very true, although the world cup is a different kettle of fish my friend, there is far stronger competition.
Well, we did face Germany, Netherlands, Denmark in the group of death. Face Czech, which isn't a bad side. And we took Spain to PKs, I think that's good enough competition lmao

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Well, we did face Germany, Netherlands, Denmark in the group of death. Face Czech, which isn't a bad side. And we took Spain to PKs, I think that's good enough competition lmao

We? I didn't know you were from Italy! My bad dude.

I wasn't saying that they had it easy at all did I? I'm just saying it's a completely different competition. Italy are going to be in a completely different climate this time to what they were in 2012 plus what I was saying is there is far more competition outside of Europe. I think we got our messages mixed a little.

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
We? I didn't know you were from Italy! My bad dude.

I wasn't saying that they had it easy at all did I? I'm just saying it's a completely different competition. Italy are going to be in a completely different climate this time to what they were in 2012 plus what I was saying is there is far more competition outside of Europe. I think we got our messages mixed a little.
We as in Portugal. I feel indifferent about Italy. Like it's not a World Cup until England goes out on penalties and that wouldn't happen in the group stages.

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
We as in Portugal. I feel indifferent about Italy. Like it's not a World Cup until England goes out on penalties and that wouldn't happen in the group stages.

Haha sorry! I was still in Italy thought-mode from the other World Cup thread.

Indeed, it's funny because every major international tournament we qualify for our manager will tell the press; "We have been practising penalties a lot!" and we inevitably lose on penalties.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
They do. ^

Not as much as Germany, Italy and Brazil, though. But they do have a chance.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Well it would have to take a extraordinary in form Ronaldo to carry them to victory. They might not even get out the group, the other teams in their group are no mugs.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I sincerely doubt Portugal make it out of the group especially with CR ailing.

anyone who thinks they are contenders is nuts

Reactions: Pop Tatari