Evan Bourne Suspended for 60 days

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deuce

Reaction score
I gotta say Air Boom was looking dominant and seemed like a good tag team, then Bourne got suspended the first time, all good, it's just one slip up.... but when he does it a second time, you'd think the guy learned his lesson. I'm hoping he isn't wanting a release from the WWE, when he does come back, I hope he is cleaned up and ready to entertain. I think Air Boom is done though, I just can't see Kingston wanting to work with Bourne after all of this, it would be kind of difficult to go back to Air Boom was when it first begun. I hope to see Bourne and Kingston split up, Kingston move to the upper mid-card and Bourne stays a mid-carder... he doesn't deserve to be a main-eventer or even an upper mid-carder... there was a point in time I thought he was main-event material but after these suspensions, my thoughts have changed.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Multiple suspensions, even for repeated incidents, hasn't really stopped WWE from making said person a star in the past, see Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton. The only difference is that they could draw compared to Bourne.

Deuce

Reaction score
Multiple suspensions, even for repeated incidents, hasn't really stopped WWE from making said person a star in the past, see Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton. The only difference is that they could draw compared to Bourne.

Yeah, but look at the difference between Bourne, Jeff and Orton. Orton and Jeff were already having good matches so they had a reason to be put back in big matches but Bourne hasn't really proven to anyone that he is ready for big matches, he almost had me convinced until he had 2 back-to-back suspensions, I mean really, it hasn't been that long and he has already fucked up again.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They also had sense not to fail a test less than a month back from a suspension.

Deuce

Reaction score
WWE announced Tuesday morning that Matthew Korklan, who performs as Evan Bourne, has been suspended for 60 days for his second violation of the company's Talent Wellness Program. The RAW Superstar went on Twitter to apologize to fans for his latest infraction.
"Sorry y'all. Sometimes we become our own worst enemy," he tweeted Tuesday afternoon.

During Sunday's RAW Live Event at Oakland's Oracle Center, Bourne and Kofi Kingston lost the WWE Tag Team Championship to Primo and Epico. The duo lost to the Tag Team Champions in short order in their rematch on Monday's Raw SuperShow.

Meanwhile, former WWE announcer Todd Grisham, who now works as a news anchor for ESPN, took to Twitter to express his disappointment in the situation.

He wrote, "Shocked about Evan Bourne. Once could be chalked up to a bad decision...twice and there's a real problem. Hope he gets well. Great guy."

Just found this so I thought I'd add it to the conversation go on here.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Sorry didn't word it right but wwe let him and Kofi keep their belts cause they don't care about the belts.

And Evan came back and they were jobbing out a bit only winning here and there.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Sad but it is what it is, it's his own fault. I liked Air Boom a bit but I do think Kofi still has potential as a single. Bourne welcome to Jobberville for the rest of your WWE career. They aren't going to push a guy who never made the main event scene when he has 2 strikes already.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
Kofi should be pissed. They were the focal point of the revamped Tag Division. Maybe this will let Kofi get a semi-push as a singles guy. Seems like only a handful of people remember his pretty good feud at the top of the card with Orton.

Aniking

Reaction score
Maybe this will let Kofi get a semi-push as a singles guy. Seems like only a handful of people remember his pretty good feud at the top of the card with Orton.

I've never forgotten this feud as Kingston was so close to taking that next step to the main event level. He was being booked to look very strong over Randy Orton, but unfortunately he fucked up an RKO, pissed Orton off and therefore has been nowhere near that level since. I don't think Kingston could reach that level again as a face and I truly wanna see him turn heel as I think he is very capable of playing one. He has had the same character ever since he debuted, minus the accent now. A change is needed or else he'll just be thrown around the mid-card again.

Anyway, Bourne is an idiot for doing this again. It seems to me he either continued smoking fake marijuana (or whatever it was) during his suspension, which is just dumb. It's worse if he did it when he returned as he had been busted for doing it once and was never gonna get away with it. Judging by the Twitter post he made about being his own worst enemy, it tells me he has an addiction and should probably seek help. This whole thing may not be an act of defiance.

Deuce

Reaction score
-- According to The Wrestling Observer, there was speculation backstage at this week's WWE TV tapings that Evan Bourne was trying to get himself fired after failing another Wellness test just weeks after he returned from the first suspension. We can't confirm or deny that as of this writing.

He probably is but no one knows what is going through the head of Bourne atm.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Bourne is an aviation nut so he is always high.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
To be honest, if I was WWE I would do the following

Have him serve his full 60 day suspensions. The day it is over, have him get destroyed on Raw. Then have Johnny Ace come down and wish him the best in his future endeavors on TV. And lastly enforce that 90 day no compete clause, so he can't go to ROH or TNA. It would take away 5 months from him, embarrass him, and wake him up hopefully

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Damn he was a moron but not Hardy (take your pick as to which) level moron though so don't think you need to do all that.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Damn, SAIYANS don't kill my corny jokes like this.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Damn he was a moron but not Hardy (take your pick as to which) level moron though so don't think you need to do all that.
Hardy wasn't stupid enough to get busted for the same shit within a month of coming back. And the fact he got to keep the title and still did that stupid shit is why I would do it. I'd let Kofi destroy him. I mean they go one on one, he gets in the ring, the bell rings, and then Trouble in Paradise. Then let the ref count 2 and have kofi pick his arm up off the mat, then pick him up and do the same sequence again, and again, and again, then beat him. Then after the match I'd let the Ace scenario I said play out.

The only way I wouldn't do it, is if he agreed to go to rehab.