Evan Bourne Suspended for 60 days

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
@ BTW, his first suspension was allegedly for a new type of pot WWE has included in their list of no no's. R-Truth allegedly failed the same sort of pot, but they held off Truth's suspension for another week or so.

Bourne's commented on his suspension via his twitter:

Sorry y'all. Sometimes we become our own worst enemy.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
That's it? I'm glad I'm not a fan of his.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Owen was made to look like a glorified jobber to Shawn Michaels and Triple H after the screwjob, which would've put him in the same category as Bourne, sorry to say this, but Owen only has name value because of his death in the ring. He was at mainevent status when the company was in their dark days.

The situation with Bourne, would be only personal in my opinion, something along the lines of "Oh, he wants to leave? Fuck that! We'll starve him out first."

Like MVP last year, for a better example.
Owen still has name value outside of the death even if it's purely the fact that he's the younger brother of Bret for example. Don't you also think that the E kept Owen around and buried him just to rub it in the face of Bret because of what happened and also because WCW was a viable competitor? I just don't for one minute believe that Bourne is doing this as a way to get released considering he is a nobody and wouldn't make the slightest difference if he showed up to TNA or ROH just a day after his release.

The thing about MVP i'm not sure I follow either. If memory serves me right MVP asked Johnny to be released so that he could go over to Japan and his request was approved.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think he was sick of WWEs hypricote ways when he got suspended and R Truth didn't until news got out that he violated the wellness policy

Didn't he benefit from hypocritical treatemtn when he kept his belt?

Umaga got suspended and lost the IC title
Jeff got suspended and lost the IC title
Rey got suspended, produced a perscription, and still lost the IC title
Morrison got suspended and lost the title
Kennedy lost his spot on the card when he got busted in Signature
Kurt lost his ECW number 1 contender status after being suspended
Booker got squashed on ppv and had his king moniker destroyed with his violation

Evan got to keep his belt, got to come back in the same spot, won matches, and got caught violating the policy for the same shit not a month later

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Exactly so even if he did do this as a fuck you he didn't have a good enough reason considering how lucky he was to not get his push totally killed after the first time let alone comeback in the same exact spot he was in. This situation is just stupid on his part no matter how it gets flipped.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I won't fully comment on this yet, because it's still not clear what exactly happened. There's always two sides. I believe Bourne is done with WWE, and just did this to stick it to them. I see him in RoH by the end of the year anyways, and that would be great for both of them.

WWE wasted a great talent. But it's not surprising. They seem to do that a lot.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Just listening to the amount of hate you have for someone you don't actually know is quite amusing. With the bs with HHH not being high on him, I could see this as a way of saying fuck you and trying to get released. The guy has plenty of actual wrestling talent. But of course... he can't talk at all so he should be jobbed out, fired, etc. Kofi isn't being held back by Bourne. They weren't doing anything with him in the first place were they? If anything this run as Air Boom has been the most relevant thing he's done lately. Or are we just forgetting things now?

Please tell me you aren't seriously suggesting Bourne should of been in a higher spot, or has been 'mistreated' in some way.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Given his ability and lack of he has in areas he got used fine. This is not the kind of guy you push higher up the card than he already has. He is a perfect midcard/tag type guy but nothing more.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Exactly.

Not everything is a conspiracy to hold a guy back, not as if Bourne was going to be the next HBK or whatever.

Hes a skinny vanilla spot monkey with no charisma.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Didn't he benefit from hypocritical treatemtn when he kept his belt?

Umaga got suspended and lost the IC title
Jeff got suspended and lost the IC title
Rey got suspended, produced a perscription, and still lost the IC title
Morrison got suspended and lost the title
Kennedy lost his spot on the card when he got busted in Signature
Kurt lost his ECW number 1 contender status after being suspended
Booker got squashed on ppv and had his king moniker destroyed
with his violation

Evan got to keep his belt, got to come back in the same spot, won matches, and got caught violating the policy for the same shit not a month later

Wwe don't care about the tag titles they do care about their single titles somewhat so it was the same as when Trish Stratus was out for a year and she had the women's title at the time.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE wasted a great talent. But it's not surprising. They seem to do that a lot.
Tell us how they wasted him and what you think his potential should have achieved?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Wwe don't care about the tag titles they do care about their single titles somewhat so it was the same as when Trish Stratus was out for a year and she had the women's title at the time.
Air Boom didn't miss a week of WWE TV. In fact they often times appeared on Raw and SD. They made them merch. They went and got them their own music. They gave them website and twitter publicity. They didn't miss a ppv. No matter how you slice it, Evan was the fuck up. He got a chance to stay in his position, and it is nothing like Trish because Trish never fucked up or dropped the ball in the public eye because she was a profesessional. Compare him to RVD or Kendrick if you want

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The last tag team you could go back and say they pushed as much as they did Air Boom would be Miz and Morrison. Tag division might not have been 2000 level or anything but it was getting some nice use since they became champs and wasn't looking like they were gonna take the belts off them anytime soon until Evan screwed that up. Even then still didn't take the belts off of them until he fucked up yet again and makes me feel sorry for Kofi who is probably gonna have to struggle now to get a consistent spot on the show.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm surprised by the amount of hate Evan's getting here.

Yes he fucked up big time, he'll probably never regain the momentum he had alongside Kofi and its probably just a matter of time before we see Evan released. Still, the guy is an amazing in-ring talent and I would much rather watch him than Sin Cara. He brought this on himself and I hope Kofi isn't affected by it, but I'd much rather see Evan clean it up and get back on track than seeing him kicked out the door like some useless scumbag.