• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Edge as a tweener is awesome

kingovkings

Edge IMO seems to be going down the face route. And i dont want Taker/Edge @ Mania but i dont think we will have to worry about that. I think if anything we will get Edge/Jericho or maybe Punk will be added to that match.

Only thing with that is what is taker gonna be doing @ Mania ???

noumenon

At this point everyone except for HHH and HBK are pretty much locks for certain matches...though there is still the possibility of HHH/Sheamus. So I'd say HBK most likely still.

Mr Perfect

At the moment i'm just really glad to have Edge back,whatever he's doing.I'm hoping he keeps popping up on both shows coz it was good to see HHH's towel boy gettting owned on RAW on monday!!!!!

kingovkings

I wouldn't say he owned Sheamus but it made sheamus look a tool again. I get why they did it. And Edge got some good face pops. But why must they keep making The WWE champ look like a chump.

Sheamus should be a kick ass monster that demolishes everything in his way. Instead he looks like a chump after nearly every match and his credibility is getting destroyed.

They should either totally do the job on him at EC and take the title off him. Or do what they should have done all along since they give him the big push. Make him a dominant monster that takes no shit and come out looking strong and untouchable.

noumenon

I love how he owned Sheamus yet didn't have the balls to spear Taker...wonderful.

LKP

^^^^^ Its cause hes a face that's why. I think Orton and edge turning now is cool. Hbk and Batista as heels is good also. Brings us fresh main events.

kingovkings

I agree with LKP the reason Edge didn't spear Taker is he is pretty much Face so that would only gain heat for Edge.

I dont think Orton is turning, Or should i say if he is it's unintentional it's because he has no choice the fans are doing it for him.

As for HBK id love to see him Heel but with his religion I'm not sure how that would go down if in fact he could even get over as a heel.

Personally i think HHH bad ass heel would be a better way to go. But the same thing would he be able to get over as a Heel.

Jaybsty

Ok. Edge speared the Undertaker on Smackdown. Does this make him a tweener now? really keeping you guessing isn't he...

OWeapon

Edge spearing Taker was only a retaliation to the big boot Taker had given him earlier. Face, tweener or heel would have attacked after that. It doesn't mean anything regarding Edge's disposition.

LadyHotrod

I think it's pretty awful actually. The crowd has no fucking clue how to react to him. They gave him an insane amount of heat during his promo on RAW... so much in fact that he needed to resort to an E&C type joke to get him a little cheap pop. The character is too all over the place right now. This is exactly why I thought he return should have been hyped. Get people excited for his return and hyped up.
I really hope they don't back pedal on his character and have him resort to the old surfer bullshit to get him a face reaction. If that's going to be the case then they seriously just need to turn him back into a heel again sooner than later. At least then he'll get the desired and probably better reaction. Give it a a few more weeks though I suppose, see how it works out.
If the bad ass tweener role should be done with anyone right now it's Orton... who the fans have been getting behind like crazy lately.

EXACT same way for me. I have no fucking clue what to do when I see him. I have a feeling they really aren't sure what to do with him and it's showing....he doesn't like the popular guys yet he doesn't like the heels, either.

Airfixx

I love how he owned Sheamus yet didn't have the balls to spear Taker...wonderful.

He did this week though... ;o]

His crowd reaction was a bit more consistent too.

Even though I generally agree he would have benefitted from a properly hyped return (the 'suprise' @ RR wasn't THAT big.), so far so good I think.

Yeah i guess he is a tweener cuz when edge was on commentary he was talking about how he hates the undertaker and Y2J

What he actually said was that he hates anyone once they're stood across the ring from him.