Edge as a tweener is awesome

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jaybsty

Reaction score
Edge as a tweener gunning for the title is even more awesome than when he was a full blown heel. It reminds me of the edge that was awesome against Kurt Angle in KOR combined with the edge that is the ultimate opportunist. I hope WWE doesn't blow this opportunity and realises that there is room for a 'full time' tweener in amongst the heels and faces. Edge has the potential to play the role of stone cold and hit his finisher on the biggest faces in the company and get cheered for it while still being slightly 'evil'.

noumenon

I think it's pretty awful actually. The crowd has no fucking clue how to react to him. They gave him an insane amount of heat during his promo on RAW... so much in fact that he needed to resort to an E&C type joke to get him a little cheap pop. The character is too all over the place right now. This is exactly why I thought he return should have been hyped. Get people excited for his return and hyped up.
I really hope they don't back pedal on his character and have him resort to the old surfer bullshit to get him a face reaction. If that's going to be the case then they seriously just need to turn him back into a heel again sooner than later. At least then he'll get the desired and probably better reaction. Give it a a few more weeks though I suppose, see how it works out.
If the bad ass tweener role should be done with anyone right now it's Orton... who the fans have been getting behind like crazy lately.

LKP

^^^^ Kinda like how they reacted with rocky and stone cold 13 years ago. Orton could be that austin/rock type where the fans like him no matter what. Edge as a tweener isnt right yet. I mean hes a heel slowly turning face. The younger generation still think he is a heel. But his attack on sheamus on monday planted a few seeds in the kids heads. I think after a few weeks now the raw after EC edge will be a full blown face.

straight_edge76

Tweeners in general suck. Honestly, watching him on Raw seemed really awkward, like noumenon said the crowd had no clue what kind of reaction to give him; with the Rock it was alot different, The Rock at first was supposed to be a face, but the crowd wasn't having it; so he turned heel. When he started making fun of them, the crowd started to loved him. With Austin it was more his feud with Bret Hart; who was just getting into the Anti-American character, as Austin being the blue-coller American that Hart was feuding with thus made him a face.

The Rated R CMStar

I dont think he's a tweener. I like where they are going as we get to see how Edge gets established as a face before our eyes. Of course people would boo Edge, he came out as cut a promo no different than the ones he cut as a heel, even resorting to the Ultimate Opportunist deal.

But then, by the end of the segment, he was getting cheered like crazy.

LKP

^^^^ Yeah he did say on raw " i came back for you the wwe universe" he got nothing back. Its wwe's fault, they should have promoted his return on the hour mark. So they had an hour to hype him up.

LKP

^^^^ Hell both are my favourite wrestlers so i couldn't give a shit who is heel or face they are both good at what they do. For me at the moment anything they do is cool. Its road to Wm time. I would like to see both as tweeners and faces as a fresh reign. If they both suck turn them back to what they do best HEEL.

maty619

Reaction score
Edge should be a tweener but he should just have a few weeks as a face first so the fans start to cheer him without thinking and actually start to forget him being a heel. Maybe after wm and when he is champ he could basically do a stone cold and just spear anyone that says anything bad to him and make it alright by telling one of his jokes.

chessarmy

It was time for a change, the heel Edge persona was getting stale and they needed to freshen him up a bit. I have no problems with babyface Edge (he's face, go watch Smackdown!)

straight_edge76

Yeah, I agree on Smackdown he was in full ass kicking face mode! His interactions with Punk and Jericho were pretty kickass, honestly even though I do not want to see another multi-man Wrestlemania title match a match with Jericho/Punk/Edge would be pretty awesome; but to bad knowing the WWE they would shove Taker in it somehow.

xtremebadass

Edge is not really a tweener. I would say if he speared Taker on SD he would have been a tweener. He is mainly going against Jericho, who is a heel, which makes him face.

straight_edge76

But I loved the mini-staredown with Undertaker at the end of SD, which is the standard for the RR winner up until after NWO/EC

Wordlife

I DON'T want Edge/Undertaker

A face Edge vs a face Taker is just.... no :smh

Besides, been done, way too many times!

Give Edge a fresh start, give the fans what they want

noumenon

Undertaker/Edge in any capacity again would seriously make me gag. I think we've seen enough of that.