ECW World Title Situation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated RJC

Reaction score
Lashley got stripped of the title on Raw, we know so now what about the ECW World Title? I have a few theories

Tournament- Have the finals at Vengeance simples as that Benoit is pretty much automatically in.

Benoit/Punk/Burke/Cor Van- Four Way match of the biggest stars on the show for the title, obvious

6-Pack Challenge- Same as the 3 way but add Dreamer and Sandman in.

I could think of more for days but what are your guessess?

Beer Money Army

have Benoit and Punk feud for it but benoit should have that world championship

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
i like how this could turn out for ECW. no over powered Lashley. no vince. this could make some great fueds. Benoit vs. punk. sandman vs. benoit sandman vs. punk. this could be some great fueds and matches. the title situation could be amazing. and i cant wait for tommrow to see what happens

xtremebadass

ECW has gone from the gutter to having so much potential with the lose of Snitsky and Lashley. Benoit, the crafty, technical, veteran, pushing young guys like Burke, Cor Von, and Punk, you can have so many epic matches, ECW is going to be the best show of all three.

The Anigma

Reaction score
^ thought the same thing XB and I think they will do some kind of tournament for the ECW title...it would be the sensible thing to do imo.

ChiWa

Reaction score
This should be awesome for ECW. No monsters, no supermen, just a shitpot full of wrestlers. A Championship tourney should be great, and the door is still open for an RVD return if they open up the checkbook. The next draft will probably change it all again.

Reaction score
definetly some kind of tournament....Benoit is going to win it.....but the feuds could be awesome...plus we still haven't seen who else is going to get drafted on wednesday....

get_brunk

Reaction score
Not that Benoit doesn't deserve another World Title run, but is this Vince's way of making it up to Benoit for putting MVP over?

Or will his jobbing ways continue so that he can put over Burke or Cor Von for the ECW World title? He was pretty into teaching MVP/building him up. Is that in Benny's ultimate plan or is it gonna happen now?

RabM

Reaction score
Personally i feel Cor Von should be given a huge push. He has the strength and ability and could become a hugely influential power in the brand. Have always liked him since his days in TNA and finally he can show what hes made of.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I also think Benoit will win it... They should give the title in a ECW Original juz like Benoit....

Montana

Hold your horses. The draft continues on weds, so we may see another top guy be added to the mix. But realistically it looks like they are leaning towards a tournament. Beniot would be the best choice, but i think they should give it to a younger guy. I think Marcus Corvon should pick up a shocking upset win over the crippler. Corvon be pushes as the main heel, with Punk, Beniot, Boogie, dreamer challenging him. I would say give it to elijah, but i think Corvon in ring work is noticibly better.

Plus Lashley just beat beniot too. So it work make ecw look a little weak.