ECW World Title Situation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
Will be a great match no doubt, we'll get a taste of Benoit vs Punk during this, possibly the break up of the NB here? There beating down on Benoit and Punk, Burke goes for hte pin but Cor Von breaks it up. Cor Von pins, Burke breaks it. Then they start to fight eachother and it finall becomes a real fatal fourway. We should know Benoit doesnt win, and a heel champ is in the works...Big Show (long reign, heel), Lashley (long reign, face), its either Cor Von or Burke I think and I'm gonna say its Burke by stealing one over Cor Von. Those two then fued with Cor Von being the face, and depending on whos brought into ECW via supp. draft, will decide Punks and Benoits face as I dont see either going heel soon.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Guys please, Cor Van will not win that championship. Because face facts, he was a TNA Guy, and we all seen what Vince has done to WCW guys. No WCW guy had the same gimmick and won a world title(Booker T- King Booker) except Goldberg who won it after losing to HHH. Than there was people like DDP who got a dumb gimmick and did nothing. I like the Alpha Male but he will not win, I hope Benoit wins but I doubt he will win, ECW just doesnt have enough star power. I just hope Benoit wins.

phantomgerald

i do see cor von winning it, then feuding with burke with cor von the tweener. that frees up benoit to feud with punk. its a win-win scenario. and who cares if cor von is an ex-tna guy, wcw wrestlers had their contracts taken over by wwe, but cor von quit tna to join wwe, so thats the difference there

3lions

Reaction score
One big differece: WCW were competion that actually rivalled the WWF/E product for a while and put WWF/E under pressure, whereas TNA are nothing but a place for older/midcarders to go.

I really doubt that Cor Von's former TNA ties will affect his chances in WWE. Especially given the fact he walked out of TNA to join WWE.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Am I the only one here who sees Burke, Cor Von, Benoit & Punk carrying WWECW. Even if they do bring back the Tag Titles, who will they give them to? Burke & Cor Von? They're both ME now so it would seem worthelss. The Major Brothers? As skilled as they are, there's no one on WWECW to face. ECW Originals? Once again, no one to face. Seriously, they need a bigger roster. I'd bring some guys from the other brands like Johnny Nitro or Kane, and give them new gimmicks (Well, in Nitro's case anyway)...

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
sorry to say but everybody should forget Benoit winning as a face, he jobbed to everyone recently, he is great, but it would be a crappy decision, the ECW title would look as crap..i go for Burke or Punk, they're the leader of ECW since Lashley left, Corvon has not received an adeguate push for now, so he is not...