ECW World Title Situation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated RJC

Reaction score
True Montana but we also may see someone get the boot from ECW. The only logical person i see leaving ECW is Cor Van, the others need to carry ECW.

The Ripper

Reaction score
I want Cor Von to win it but that would require Burke being drafted off the show so Cor Von isnt in New Breed anymore

.tim

Reaction score
I say they is a battle royal for the title and the winners end up being Punk and Chris Benoit. And as there fighting it out for the championship Elijah Burke or Cor Von or both interfere saying we deserve shots to we are the new life of this company. In wich case they have a fatal four way or just a triple threat with Benoit VS Punk VS Cor Von or Burke at Vengenance with Chris winning of course. Then for the next few weeks we see Chris and CM Punk tag against Burke and Cor Von wich leads up to the next PPV where they have a tag match for the newly brought back ecw tag champs where Elijah and Cor Von win and then Punk turns on Beniot and then they fued. But thats probably asking for to much out of the WWE now isnt it.

Kaedon

Reaction score
yea but its not like Lashely dominated him. He won by the skin of his teeth. It wouldnt make ECW look the least bit weak with Benoit as champ.

3lions

Reaction score
Stripping the belt off Lashley and removing Vince from the company/brand is one the best things that could happen to ECW. It is about time Benoit was inserted back into the ME's (although this is on a below par brand) and he will dso a great job in restoring respect into the brand, as well as putting over the next generation of stars in ECW.

As has already been suggested, it seems as though a tournament of some kind will take place. Everyone will want to see Benoit/Punk feud, but I can see somebody else being brought over to ECW to occupy Punk, whilst Benoit/Cor Von feud. This angers Burke, who then feuds with Cor Von, leading to the eventual feud between Benoit/Punk. But yehh, all signs point towards a tournament and Benoit title run. ECW is looking much better.

Great One

I say they send one more actually big name wrestler over there such as Rey, Orton, or Finlay, but yeah I can see Benoit winning the title and to most people's surprise I actually think Cor Von will get the first title run over Benoit (most logical in beating Benoit), then he will drop it to Punk, then the Punk/Burke feud.

Truth

Reaction score
Carlito to ECW where he fueds with Punk, angered over his clean loss on Raw. Benoit and Burke or Benoit and Cor Von fued for the title (Either Burke or Cor Von is gonna get moved tommorow in the Supplemental Draft).

the dark knight

i dont even believe that ecw can be good even if god was champion in it. BUT, i'd enjoy a "6-pac" match between Benoit/Punk/Burke/Cor Van/Dreamer/ sandman then get punk as the champ. dont really wanna c benoit as champ...

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Don't watch ECW but Benoit is not winning the title. I don't care if he's been in the game for over 15 years now, it's WWE not TNA. Benoit will make it to the finals of the tournament but Burke/Thorn/Cor Von or one of the originals (hahaha, like that will happen!). Not even Punk will win it, Punk will win the title before Benoit. Trust me.

Reaction score
Benoit deserves to be champ. he shouldve gone to Raw and beat Cena for the WWE title but they just have to keep the belt on Cena. but yeah, i kinda see a tournament too.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I would have a tournament for the title, with all the ECW guys and a few guys from the other brands. the only match that would matter would be Benoit/Punk, because if that happened, that would be amazing. Benoit ends up with the belt, winning it at Summerslam in the finals of the tournament. his first feud should be against Carlito, if he does go to ECW.

Truth

Reaction score
Carlito vs. Benoit vs. Punk vs. Cor Von or Burke (one will switch brands this sunday in the draft) vs. Boogeyman (yeah he'll be in the ME) for the ECW title. Carlito wins it.

3lions

Reaction score
Confirmed for Vengence:

ECW World Title Match - Fatal Four Way
Chris Benoit vs CM Punk vs Marquis Cor Von vs Elijah Burke

I want to see Punk turn heel soon. That is the role he plays best. I would love to see a heel Punk vs a face Benoit. The series of matches those two guys could put on would be amazing. Whilst they feud, Cor Von/Burke/Carlito could feud or something.

I'm calling it now. Cor Von will win the title. Nobody sees it coming (except me).

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Cor Von winning was exactly what I thought.

Personally I'd rather see it on Burke since Cor Von has really been given like no build up at all, but I guess swerves are in these days.