E-fed Memory Lane

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
That's my goal right here. To mature. But I need a fucking chance.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Sucks, you don't conduct yourself in a way that people can take you maturely.

Immaturity is for PWM.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
lol PWM. R.I.P. PWM.

I'll be mature from now on, you will see.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Derrick we all had our moments, the thing is if you keep bringing up the situation were going to get annoyed with it. As well i I know anything Cwalker is the nicest most patient guy there is, if you give it time where he has seen you settled down, he will gladly give you a second chance. Trust me I know from experience.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Derrick we all had our moments, the thing is if you keep bringing up the situation were going to get annoyed with it. As well i I know anything Cwalker is the nicest most patient guy there is, if you give it time where he has seen you settled down, he will gladly give you a second chance. Trust me I know from experience.

Exactly correct there.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan

Yeah let's just try to forget about it.

Pete

Reaction score
That wouldn't have anything to do what the fact that CWF was complete garbage would it?

Anyway, back on topic. Big TTs are without a shadow of a doubt an art form. When I first started, I was amazed at how guys like Aniking, Slim and Jay could go 2-3k in one post. It was borderline ridicolous. Was it the only reason these guys won matches and Championships? No. Did it help? Of course. If someone can post 2k while staying in character as opposed to someone posting 1k in character, the 2k is most likely going to win.

It tool me about a year and a half to perfect the long TT. And I think you need to have the right character to do so. I cant see a guy playing Raven or Kaval being able to post that long because it's unrealistic. A Rock or a Triple H or an Edge makes more sense for those long posts

Is it a dick move? Depends. If you go first and your post is 2k, good for u. But if your opponent posts and it's only 500 words and you respond with a bomb, then yes, it's a compelete dick move. It all depends on the situation.

I know I'm an RPer and not a TTer, but this seems COMPLETELY unfair to me. If I can make my point/develop my character in 500 words, while the other guy fills up his 2k with filler after filler after filler, then how is it fair when he wins?!

One of the reasons I VOCALLY oppose Word Count as a deciding factor in feds with rating systems. And it should be even more relevant in feds WITHOUT them, as it's basically rewarding quantity over quality.

OK...going now. You guys have your fun.

EDIT: That is also why winning a World Title just because I outposted everyone else at a Royal Rumble didn't feel good in the slightest bit. It felt like cheating.

Pete

Reaction score
Also, FROM WHAT I SAW, Derrick = more mature than Andrew. Even though they're both immature. But that's on ACW, IDK about UWF.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Also, FROM WHAT I SAW, Derrick = more mature than Andrew. Even though they're both immature. But that's on ACW, IDK about UWF.

<3

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Whatever that fed was... I can't remember anymore... but that junk was awful... nough said.

But as far as the large post vs. small post it comes down to who is doing the judging. I mean really that is what it comes down too cause some will look at posts that are long vs. one that is half its size and think... oh yeah the guy that posted long wins. I know that for me it isn't that clear cut. That comes with the territory of being in the game for so long and through so many different feds throughout the years that you see all of this stuff and knowing how you can be screwed over cause of crap like that. I mean really... in one fed it wasn't even storyline but I was made to lose a match because, and I quote "nobody should be undefeated."

Yeah that was the ONLY reason I was given a loss was cause people should lose every once in a while to others. And so I know about fairness, I know about being screwed over by quantity, so I developed my own way of looking things over and it's based on the type of fed it is. Then from there I look at the people themselves. I mean you aren't going to grade a rookie like a vet are you? I mean in a way that isn't fair. And so I find middle ground to grade the opponents. And that is all before I even start looking at the RPs/TTs. And then when it comes to that spelling/grammar is first based on the character being portrayed because, for example look at Dresden's Austin. He purposely spells things in a weird way and it fits the character perfectly which means it works perfectly for him to say UWF like You dubya eff. But if my Edge were to do that and not in a mocking way then it wouldn't fit and that would be a deduction.

Plus with all these spell checks all over the internet that just shows laziness in not looking to at least get your spelling under control. Grammar, well not looking for perfection but at least nothing so horribly done that it looks like a third grader did it. Then you go for realism. But I mean realism as in how the person is talking. Cause there was one guy in UCW, yeah he could write these long TTs but it sounded so robotic and fake that I hated them with a passion. And that is because each paragraph would just go from one subject clear to another, clear to another, clear to another. There was absolutely no transition inbetween and that is not how people talk. People have a smoother flow when they talk and there was no smooth transition, just a robotic talk this, then talk completely about that, then completely about another subject.

Then from there you add the realism of the person themselves as in what are they doing and that lies more in the RP world. Like is your person flying around like Superman? Is he fighting crime like Batman during the night but wrestler during the day? Is he sucking blood out of necks? Is he committing crimes and killing people, stealing? Burning down houses? I mean things you would clearly get arrested for? I mean if they smoking weed or something fine. But if they shooting up in their veins then no no.

And still sticking with RP world comes environment. Use your environment. That can play a pretty big role. Set the tone. And then you can add are they keeping in their form of character or what and that can translate in both worlds. Like you wouldn't have Austin talking about "I will take yer soul... rest in peace ya redneck." I mean that doesn't make any sense at all. And in RP world, well yeah there are plenty more variables and freedoms with characters but you still have a guide as to how your character typically is and to stray way way away from that just wouldn't work. Always best to have a slow transition when it comes to the bigger character changes. Unless his gimmick is to change every week then of course you have the freedom to do so but you also have to keep up with that too otherwise you'll be counted against for that.

So I mean yeah that's just the beginning of what I look for when I used to grade. So for me it wasn't always oh since he posted longer he gets the win over the guy that didn't. Because if I'm not engaged and if I'm having to read these things inbetween breaks you can almost guarantee that you aren't going to win. I'm not bout to be bored cause you wanted to try to write super long and your opponent didn't.

So Pete, this is just me saying that not everyone grades like that. Some would give you the win over the guy that just wrote filler after filler after filler which is pretty much BSin your way through with repetition. Although if done cleverly enough... heh that should be rewarded :)

But yeah that's just my post with some memory lane plus adding stuff from a grader's perspective.

Pete

Reaction score
^ FUCK YEAH. Agree with every single word.

Also, what is your view on that guy who crafts a template to please the graders and then just re-uses it? One guy in the PWA was like that, and I made a big stink about it because he was getting wins over me (because, fuck templates, I don't use them on dating sites, let alone e-feds. Creativity first). However nobody seemed to have a problem with that apart from me, and it was attributed to me being jealous. Which I was, but I also thought it was a little unfair, because literally every week his RPs would be the same thing with different words and settings. They were pitch-perfect to fit the rating system, but they were uninspiring rehashes of each other.

NOTE: Before said guy comes in here and comments, HE DID IMPROVE later on, and beat me and several others soundly. He even got accidentally screwed out of a title :lmao . But for those two months or so, he was admittedly templatin' his way to victory.

Also, re: accents, one of my characters is a cockney, so I screw up his grammar. Darren's a bit of a redneck, so I'll often give him a drawl (hatin', winnin', gawsh durnit, etc). I get that completely, and fortunately have never had problems with it, because everyone gets what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
^ FUCK YEAH. Agree with every single word.

Also, what is your view on that guy who crafts a template to please the graders and then just re-uses it? One guy in the PWA was like that, and I made a big stink about it because he was getting wins over me (because, fuck templates, I don't use them on dating sites, let alone e-feds. Creativity first). However nobody seemed to have a problem with that apart from me, and it was attributed to me being jealous. Which I was, but I also thought it was a little unfair, because literally every week his RPs would be the same thing with different words and settings. They were pitch-perfect to fit the rating system, but they were uninspiring rehashes of each other.

NOTE: Before said guy comes in here and comments, HE DID IMPROVE later on, and beat me and several others soundly. He even got accidentally screwed out of a title :lmao . But for those two months or so, he was admittedly templatin' his way to victory.

Also, re: accents, one of my characters is a cockney, so I screw up his grammar. Darren's a bit of a redneck, so I'll often give him a drawl (hatin', winnin', gawsh durnit, etc). I get that completely, and fortunately have never had problems with it, because everyone gets what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.

I also admitted I was abusing the grading system because it was working and I didn't start losing until you made me feel bad. When I "improved" as you say, I stopped winning. That kinda made me mad that when I was trying harder, I was using, so yeah. That rating system was terrible.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
heh as far as using a template to win... I say boooooooo not cool. Should be about creativity and fun.

But mannnn heh... good times. But yeah that's the type of grader I am. I like details and I like a story that leads to others. Like in this other fed... I've had a story of my two characters... and it has taken years of off and on, bickering, I mean the works but after years of being together they are finally legally separating. I mean shoot I didn't even wanna do it almost cause those two just meant so much to me :p But its all complicated and it would take forever to go over everything cause this has been years in the work.

But ummm... captivating stories with cliff hangers leading to bigger stories... always a win with me. I'm hooked.

and I like characters that have those kind of speeches. using southern drawl and stuff. Its different. I can't do it that well so I avoid using those type characters. I do use the hipper type of talk with yo and sup sometimes but that's bout it.

Lewb

Reaction score
You got banned as Derrick, then signed up as an alt (which in PWM you could have kissed it all goodbye, don't see why the rules aren't the same here) and then you no-showed as Macabre. You might say maturity is coming but are we supposed to believe you've totally matured in what... a month and a bit?! Andrew is a good example where all power has gone, and he is better for it. He's an active member of the roster with a character that he's had for possibly the longest he's ever had, and it's good to see he's doing well with it and enjoying it.

I'm going to make this post relevant to it's title now... memory lane.... still waiting for you to drop your two cents on our saga Slim! haha