E-fed Memory Lane

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Ha I know that feeling. I'm still trying to get it figured out. I gotta find the right song while typing it and then... mannnnnnnn

ITS ALL OVERRRRR!!!

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Big TTs can be considered as an art. Well, look at my TTs I wrote as Punk. Weren't shorter than 2,5k. Actually, Slim, you and RIR were the only ones who beat me when I used to write such long TTs.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Bollocks to that... Big TTs are unjustified unless you want to win by being a dick.

I've gone head to head with some big posters in my time, and they was all quite justified but I can't imagine many people wanting to face 2.5k from some people.

Only reason Slim & RiR beat you was because they are willing to return the favor.

Big TTs aren't an art, they're just dick moves.

Reactions: 1 person

Dademo

Reaction score
Aniking used to be the king of Big TTs. I don't know how he wrote them so well... but the fact was that he wrote huge TTs and they stayed consistent throughout the entire post. It was actually quite impressive imo.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Bollocks to that... Big TTs are unjustified unless you want to win by being a dick.

I've gone head to head with some big posters in my time, and they was all quite justified but I can't imagine many people wanting to face 2.5k from some people.

Only reason Slim & RiR beat you was because they are willing to return the favor.

Big TTs aren't an art, they're just dick moves.

Uh, no, with the gimmick I played there was no way I could post less than at least 1.3k.

Actually, people were posting their TTs almost as long as mine. And if you want to call me a dick for going around 2.5k, what will you call Prodigy with his 4k Big Show TT I've seen on PWM about a year ago? Or Aniking for his 6k Sim Snuka TT I heard of?

EDIT: I forgot something.

The art in long TTs isn't the length, EoR, it's the quality of them. Just the sole fact that every bit of the long TT needs to stay relevant requires some skills. Idk, but I remember that guys like Aniking used to post REALLY long TTs (I've witnessed for example his Swagger) and their TTs were amazing and won them matches. You don't know about my Punk because for some odd reason you didn't give a fuck about CWF and, well, actually, many PWM guys didn't give a shit about CWF, however they joined around idk September, when I went LOA after a fucking exhausting summer in every possible way. I won a world title in the end as Ziggler.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Big TTs are fun IF the person writing them knows what they are doing. Cause trust me there have been some that have tried to write it and it would put me to sleep. It would be boring I'd highlight where I was, leave and do something else and then come back later and force myself to finish cause it was so robotic and boring. There was no consistency, it didn't sound real, it was just blah.

Big TTs are definitely an art that take skill, practice, and time to get down. Not everyone can and not everyone should. But it does put a definite line inbetween who is where ya know. Like in UCW you knew who the main eventers were from who the lower card guys were cause of their TTs. And it wasn't a bad thing. It wasn't like... you had to match someone word for word like if they went 3k then you had to go 3k. Like for example my Rock vs. JKDog's Kofi, we went 3 a piece... the TTs were no shorter than 3k a piece each. Not everyone can do that and keep things interesting but we could and so we did. I won :D but still there is always a place for it but it isn't for everyone. And its when you read enough people that suck at it that you're like... wow really just stop trying. Cause some people can get very repetitive, very boring, and just completely uninteresting with it.

But yeah Big TTs... definitely a spot for it. Always holds a special place... in my heart (tear) :p

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Uh, no, with the gimmick I played there was no way I could post less than at least 1.3k.

Actually, people were posting their TTs almost as long as mine. And if you want to call me a dick for going around 2.5k, what will you call Prodigy with his 4k Big Show TT I've seen on PWM about a year ago? Or Aniking for his 6k Sim Snuka TT I heard of?

EDIT: I forgot something.

The art in long TTs isn't the length, EoR, it's the quality of them. Just the sole fact that every bit of the long TT needs to stay relevant requires some skills. Idk, but I remember that guys like Aniking used to post REALLY long TTs (I've witnessed for example his Swagger) and their TTs were amazing and won them matches. You don't know about my Punk because for some odd reason you didn't give a fuck about CWF and, well, actually, many PWM guys didn't give a shit about CWF, however they joined around idk September, when I went LOA after a fucking exhausting summer in every possible way. I won a world title in the end as Ziggler.

That wouldn't have anything to do what the fact that CWF was complete garbage would it?

Anyway, back on topic. Big TTs are without a shadow of a doubt an art form. When I first started, I was amazed at how guys like Aniking, Slim and Jay could go 2-3k in one post. It was borderline ridicolous. Was it the only reason these guys won matches and Championships? No. Did it help? Of course. If someone can post 2k while staying in character as opposed to someone posting 1k in character, the 2k is most likely going to win.

It tool me about a year and a half to perfect the long TT. And I think you need to have the right character to do so. I cant see a guy playing Raven or Kaval being able to post that long because it's unrealistic. A Rock or a Triple H or an Edge makes more sense for those long posts

Is it a dick move? Depends. If you go first and your post is 2k, good for u. But if your opponent posts and it's only 500 words and you respond with a bomb, then yes, it's a compelete dick move. It all depends on the situation.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Heh and I can say that I am guilty of doing both. I'd start it off big and strong just to set the tone and be like... yeah we goin there and we goin all out. There has been times when the one guy would go small and I'd just bomb them out of the water... but that's only if I don't like the person then I do it. Its like... yeah I'm getting revenge on you :D

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
If I'm fair the only reason I went nearly 4.3k words with that big show TT was because Jay used like 5 different characters to keep his shit releveant. No offence to him there but I think it was getting to the point where materiel for Edge with Jay was running out so the whole army thing was bought in to help him out. I know he was pissed at the time when he lost but but I matched his length with one character.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
That wouldn't have anything to do what the fact that CWF was complete garbage would it?

Anyway, back on topic. Big TTs are without a shadow of a doubt an art form. When I first started, I was amazed at how guys like Aniking, Slim and Jay could go 2-3k in one post. It was borderline ridicolous. Was it the only reason these guys won matches and Championships? No. Did it help? Of course. If someone can post 2k while staying in character as opposed to someone posting 1k in character, the 2k is most likely going to win.

It tool me about a year and a half to perfect the long TT. And I think you need to have the right character to do so. I cant see a guy playing Raven or Kaval being able to post that long because it's unrealistic. A Rock or a Triple H or an Edge makes more sense for those long posts

Is it a dick move? Depends. If you go first and your post is 2k, good for u. But if your opponent posts and it's only 500 words and you respond with a bomb, then yes, it's a compelete dick move. It all depends on the situation.

This! A great point here man. I always felt more comfortable going longer in trash talks with Big Show whereas DiBiase I struggle length wise.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Ummm, I can go 2k with Raven in character but it's too silly to do with... Foley & Wolfe I found much easier.

But Derrick, honestly, you're guys SUCKED and CM Punk, an infant can play with ease... It's making a CM Punk stand out which is important you fail to do that.

As for actual 2k TTs, like CWalker, I didn't get them entirely down till later on my career.

But nevermind, I can UWF show to book and make banners.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I honestly can't do long TT's and I wouldn't try, but length isn't always the key, for example, Chriss' TT's this week were longer than mine but I won. However, I stick to what I feel comfortable with and you hardly ever see me going above 1k

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah it isn't the key but I think the point is that if you can then go for it. I mean no need in holding back. But yeah it isn't required... just quality. And that's the real hard part in long TTs which is again the other point made as in why most shouldn't even attempt to do it.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan

That's why I never posted a long TT as Kaval, lol. All of my long TTs were posted either as Punk or Ziggler. You can go long with those guys. Now, I dunno what happened with the CWF section, but if it still was around, I'd definitely show you some of my Punk promos that, for example, Dresden called excellent. And a lot of other guys. It was just a federation you either loved or hated. It just.. well.. you know, some things just piss me off that a lot of guys never gave it a chance to look at it better. For example, Cwalker how can you tell it was garbage when I don't remember you being a single day in it? I know about EoR's CWF history and I know he has every right to hate it, but I just think that presumptions aren't needed in this case. Now all I had to do with CWF is that I was in it for idk 5 months and I was a writer of it later on, and I know it wasn't that bad, especially when I put effort in the shows as well. Now, don't understand it wrong, because UWF doesn't suck, but this would be like if I brought over to WS a completely different guy from some other forums and he'd see a post about UWF and would go like "Yeah lol well UWF sucks.". It's the same.

EDIT: And I once again forgot something. It took me a few wrestlers and a few gimmicks to learn how to write good long TTs. All I need for those is the feeling. If you 'feel' a certain wrestler, and I'm sure you both guys (CW and EoR) know exactly what I mean, you can do just whatever you want with them with absolute ease. And as for the question whether my Punk sucked, well, idk, ask Slim, we had several matches against each other, plus he witnessed all of my Summer of Punk.

Last edited:

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I remember doing 2, 791 word TT with Aries and it wasn't that hard to do. When I enjoy writing for somebody, it gets really easy. Just look at my Abyss TT I posted in the e-fed testing ground thread. My first ever Abyss TT and it was pretty long. It's weird cause I can do long TT with Abyss who I never played or was a fan of but I can't freakin pull out a long Storm TT.