Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
The best reason I got is morbid curiosity. The only Dragon Ball series I've seen in full is Z, and GT is dead last on my list of what to watch.
Yeah, I get that.
It's just a buzzkill for me because I feel like it tarnishes what and how I remembered DragonBall being like.
Granted, I haven't watched DBS dub yet so I might do that once they fully dub it.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah, I get that.
It's just a buzzkill for me because I feel like it tarnishes what and how I remembered DragonBall being like.
Granted, I haven't watched DBS dub yet so I might do that once they fully dub it.

Oh yeah, that was one of the big reasons I stopped watching Super in the first part. Maybe it's just nostalgia, maybe it's just Goku's seiyuu, but Dragon Ball is one of the rare times I vastly prefer the dub. Though I did stop watching the dub when it first got going after two or three episodes, but still. I think Funimation has like 50 episodes dub on their site, so I might try and catch up and just hope they have the whole show done by Broly. If not I guess I'll binge the sub.

Reactions: CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that was one of the big reasons I stopped watching Super in the first part. Maybe it's just nostalgia, maybe it's just Goku's seiyuu, but Dragon Ball is one of the rare times I vastly prefer the dub. Though I did stop watching the dub when it first got going after two or three episodes, but still. I think Funimation has like 50 episodes dub on their site, so I might try and catch up and just hope they have the whole show done by Broly. If not I guess I'll binge the sub.
yeah, they're like starting the tournament arc in dub I think. I think by the time the Broly movie comes out, they should be near done Super dub.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Dj_XAjLUYAEFbB4.jpg

Reactions: CM Punk

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Finally got around to starting Super again, this time dubbed. Only about eight episodes in though. I suppose it's better now that I have the voices I grew up with present but it's still baffling to me just how bad the show's version of Battle of Gods is. Stuff like dragging out Beerus vs. Goku on King Kai's planet to like fifteen minutes of Goku leveling up, not being able to hit Beerus, leveling up again, not being able to hit Beerus again tunrs what, in the movie was a quick and powerful way to establish Beerus' power into a long-drawn out process that makes it point within the first minute yet lasts about half the episode regardless. Complete pacing killer, and removes any of the weight that the movie version has.

Also, tangential related, Beerus did nothing wrong, fuck Buu.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I haven't watched Super in a while, but Arale was pretty cool. 80's gag manga

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
We should be getting news on the 21st or 22nd of December pertaining to the next installment of Dragon Ball Super.