Donnie watches NWA-TNA 2002

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: RON "THE TRUTH" KILLINGS. Since-7/8/02
NWA-TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPION: SYXX PAC. Since-9/10/02
NWA-TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS-AMERICA'S MOST WANTED. Since-18/9/02

NWA-TNA PPV#16

October 16th, 2002
TNA ASYLUM

TONIGHT: AMW VS THE MICHEAL'S. SYXX VS AJ. TRUTH VS HENNIG

We get a recap of the horrible Sonny/Jorge feud. They're fighting tonight.

OH DEAR GOD. Jeff will team with Bruce to face BG and Hermie. Fucking kill me right now. Bullet in my head, please.

6 fucking minutes of recaps before we get something new.

Goldy is with Jorge. He introduces his new girlfriend, Priscilla. Creative. In the background, we see Syxx walking out of the door and sneaking away. Brian walks over and demands to know where April is. He gets no answers, so he leaves. April then walks out the door. Syxx learnt that trick from HBK.

Match#1 Brian Lawler w/April vs David Young
This could have been a fun match, but its ruined by Russo. First, Brian gets knocked outside and he take a terrible delayed bump before landing on April's lap. He freaks out because of the smell, and washes his face. He keeps getting distracted by her, and any offence or bumping he does do looks awful. DY doesn't get do to much, so he's not saving it. DY is now distracted by April waving at him, and Brian hits a terrible reverse DDT off the top to win
1/2*

Recap of Sonny/Lynn.

Old Man River limps his way out, and we can only he's walking away forever. Nah, he challenges Sonny to fight him next week. Sonny now comes out and shits on Lynn for being a mid-carder, and says the fate won't be his. Nah, you'll bomb out in a few months and then be apart of a God awful tag team. Lynn at least won a world title, and had a feud that inspired some people for better or worse. They eventually fight, and it sucks. Nazi breaks it up,

Earlier today, Tenay interviewed Syxx Pac. Tenay says Sean was X-Division before there was one, and his feud with Lynn in GWF helped change the game. Sean puts over the X guys and how exciting it is, and how great all the wrestlers are. Tenay asks him if he can still have the impact he's had in the past, and Sean says he's infamous for stirring up shit, but he's helped change things for the better. He's here for the fans and to show everyone he's a pro wrestler, and that's why he's here. He again says sorry to Ki for what he said. He says he knows AJ wants his respect, because he had to do it. He's not proud of how he won the belt, but tonight he will prove he deserves it. So, Pac is a face, but Russo wants him to be a heel. Goddamn it

Also, Tenay didn't bring it up, but Syxx is now the only man to hold WWF/WCW/TNA cruiserweight/Lightweight championships. Pretty fucking cool.

Match#2 Sonny Siaki vs Jorge Estrada w/Priscilla
Hey, this is awful. Lots of botches and terrible strikes. My Vietnam in a nutshell. Sonny wins with his finish
1/2*

Lynn attacks again, and the Nazi breaks it up.

Match#3 Ace Steel w/Mortimer Plumbtree vs Derek Wylde
Solid outing for Ace. Derek does a few sloppy tings, but its mostly Ace kicking his ass. Twist of Cain does it
*3/4

Before the tag match, BG makes gay jokes and calls Bruce a "homo".

Match#4 Jeff Jarrett & Bruce vs BG James & Hermie Sadler
This is one of the most Russo looking matches ever. Only he could add these two to a feud with a ton of history that the fans actually want to see. The partners are dog shit and can't be saved. BG/Jeff is good, but its murdered by this match. Lots of "gay panic" spots that I'm not writing about. Lawler attacks BG with a trash can on the ramp, and Jeff helps attack him. Back in the ring, Hermie does a terrible dropdown to win
FRONT COVER OF USA TODAY

Post match, Jeff beats up Bruce after he tried to kiss him. Awesome. SO glad we saw that.

This is horrible. Don't even know if AJ can save the day.

Match#5 Ron Harris vs Norman Smiley
Horrible squash from this hack

There's another stare down with the brothers. DON'T. FUCKING. CARE. FIND. BETTER. FRIENDS. RUSSO.

Match#6 America's Most Wanted (c) vs The Micheal's (NWA-TNA World Tag Team Championships)
The Michael's aren't very good at all. Look like they belong on Heat getting squashed. Not their fault the division is atrocious, but it still sucks. Normal AMW structure happens and its a little repetitive at this point, but what can you do? Harris' hot tag is the shit. Finishing run is pretty good, all things considered. Catatonic does it
Post match, Hot Shots attack, and the Micheal's join in. They leave them and a ton of blackshirts laying. Shit is bad right now. We need XXX.

Mortimer stands on the stage and motions for his new man...AJ STYLES. BAW GAWD. Its a good idea to give him a mouthpiece because he can't speak, but Mortimer blows and doesn't fit what AJ is about. Call it somewhere in the middle.

Match#7 Syxx Pac (c) vs AJ Styles w/Mortimer Plumbtree (NWA-TNA X-Division Championship)
Tenay does an incredible job of putting AJ over as the new Syxx in terms of changing the game and leading a new style. He's the worst, but he gets it right every few years. They have an even back an forth to start and we can see AJ getting mad at Syxx for being able to hang with him. Mortimer keeps coaching him as Syxx starts to pull away, and AJ is finally able to crotch him on the post. He beats the hell out him, and Syxx is a king at taking a beating. He targets the bad neck in a really smart move because its both trashed, and because it weakens him for the Clash. AJ hits his stunning dive again. Works so well as a face or a heel. Tenay brings up a good point that AJ doesn't need anyone with his talent. Starts a really great story of AJ taking the easy way out when he feels like he needs an extra advantage. AJ misses the Tap, and Syxx starts an awesome comeback. SO much fire, and AJ DIES for him to put it over the top. Syxx even breaks out a dive out of the ring! The ref gets bumped and it lets Mortimer kick Pac in the head after he hits an X-Factor, and AJ gets his foot on the ropes. Syxx now goes mad and starts punching the hell out of AJ in the corner, and he hits the ref when he tries to stop him and he gets DQ.

I actually liked that finish because it protects both men, and builds to another match. Guessing Russo didn't book it. Feels more like Jerry Jarrett or Dusty.

NEXT WEEK: sonny vs Lynn. BG/Lawler. AMW defends their titles. None of those deserve caps.

Tenay interviewed Hennig earlier today. They go through his history from the AWA to now. If you know the history, you know what he says. He puts over the company, fans and the boys. He says Truth is great, but he can win the belt. Fine stuff. I should note that Curt looked bad and was talking at 100kms an hour. Not good.

Truth comes out and cuts another Russo promo about how its bullshit he's defending against a white man, and how the NWA is evil. Fuck off, Russo

Match#8 Ron "The Truth" Killings (c) vs Curt Hennig (NWA World Heavyweight Championship)
Poor Truth is tasked with carrying another old shitty man to a decent match. I know why Curt is here, but he's on death's door. So, fuck them for letting him work. He's bad, and I'm not covering all the bad stuff.. I'll do that when Jeff Hardy debuts. Oh, that'll be fun. They have a fight in the crowd and Curt is gassed 3 minutes in. Truth bumps extra hard for him, which is heartwarming and breaking. Just sandbag these shitheads. He eventually throws powder in his eyes to take over. The control segment happens, and Truth has to work at half speed so he doesn't kill him. AJ, Mortimer, Ace and Ron Harris watch on the stage. The ref gets bumped for the second time tonight, and Mr Wrestling III attacks Curt...Uh why? BG and Syxx run him off. This is all happening super slowly by the way. The heels run down and we get a random as fuck brawl in the middle of the ring. Hennig is GASSED! He leans on the ropes, and its fucking sad to watch. Bullet and the Nazis come out and make everyone leave. Oh, the crowd is dead, folks. The match gets restarted and Truth kills another ref. He punches JB and Bullet as well, WHAT IS HAPPENING? Bullet no sells all of this and demands he get back in, or get counted out and lose the belt. Yeah, totally fair. Jeff Jarrett comes in from the other side and low blows Curt, and Truth gets the 3. hahahahhahaahhahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha. What a clusterfuck of awfulness.
LOLTNA

Truth sings a song about rednecks and asks the fans how they like him now. I love Truth.

Fuck me, what a terrible show.

LOLTNA 4 LYFE.

Reactions: Chris

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
NWA-TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPION: SYXX PAC. Since-9/10/02

NWA-TNA PPV#17
October 23rd, 2002
TNA ASYLUM

TONIGHT: SONNY VS LYNN. JARRETT VS SCOTT HALL.(DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE WAS BACK) TRUTH VS HENNIG 2 (JESUS CHRIST, NO) SYXX VS AJ 2

Match#1 Amazing Red vs Joel Maximo vs Jose Maximo vs Kid Kash vs Elix Skipper (#1 Contenders Elimination Match)

No tags, just a big old clusterfuck. Dive trains and crazy spots in abundance. Standard fun X-Style match. DW is amazed at Lucha rules when Tenay explains them. Love him. SKIPPER DOES THE ROPE WALK FOR THE FIRST TIME. HELL YES. He and Red are the standouts, and the other 3 try really hard. Red is especially insane tonight with his bumps. Skipper gets ride of Jose with the P.O.D. He then goes on an awesome run of offence, which of course means he loses 30 seconds later to a backpack driver. Fuck you. Kid steals the Jay Driller to get rid of Joel. Kash/Red is fun again, but i wanted Skipper/Red. Red survives some huge bombs, and he ends up winning with Infra Red. Weakest of all the X-Style clusters thus far, but still really good
Red/Pac is going to rule.

Backstage, Lawler is still being a dickhead. Don't give a shit.

Recap of AMW being attacked last week. They're facing the Shots tonight.

Match#2 America's Most Wanted (c) vs Hot Shots (NWA-TNA World Tag Team Championship)
AMW ARE PISSED OFF AT THE SHOTS, SO THEY BEAT THE FUCKING CRAP OUT OF THEM. Big brawl around ringside, and our guys SHINE in this fight, Storm is the MVP of it as he really kicks the snot out of one of them in awesome fashion. Harris and the other fight in the crowd, and that's great. GODDAMN, I LOVE AMW. They get back in the ring, and keep kicking their asses. Harris gets kneed in the back to finally stop them, and a really cool control seg happens. Not just on Harris this time, as the Shots try really hard tonight, They work on his lower back for a while, and Harris is a great seller. Just a killer piece of work. Storm's hot tag is his best yet showing a TON of fire. Things break down, and there's a lot of close calls and saves. One of the shots gets shoved off the top, and the other one is beaten by a swinging STO called 8 Second Ride. That was so much fun.

Best 30 minute block in months. The fall off the cliff will be a painful one.

Recap of Lynn/Sonny.

See? Ok, to be fair this has been built really well. I don't want to see it, but I'll give them credit for it.

Backstage, Lynn says he's been hurt worse than this, and he won't let it stop him. He does his vet stuff again, before he walks off. Lawler's stupid face jumps in front of the camera and asks where she is.

Match#3 Jerry Lynn vs Sonny Siaki
Lynn is mad, so we get another ringside fight. Pretty good, actually. Mostly, because Lynn finds some damn fire, and its fun watching Sonny eat shit. Lynn's knee goes out once he gets in the ring, and Sonny goes to work. Very basic shit from him, and it could have sucked, but Lynn sells really well. Tenay says he blew it out in the WWF last year and he never let it heal. Cool story. His attempted comebacks and selling are actually very good. The shitty knee stops him from getting control back, so he keeps trying for rollups. Yes, Lynn is taking his worst habit and making it work for a match. I'm as a shocked as you. Sonny's Figure Four is terrible as he can't even lock in correctly, and Lynn is forced to move his own leg in the right spot. Dead. He keeps slamming the knee on the canvas, and he gets too focused on it. LYNN KICKS HIM BACK IN THE TURNBUCKLE AND BRIDGES HIM OVER AND GETS THE 3.
Post match, Sonny goes insane on the knee until refs pull him off. Lynn is died again.

Holy shit, That was really, really good. Sonny's best match by a country mile, and Lynn was awesome as well. I want a rematch now. Jesus, nothing feels real. Good for them, though.

Recap of the horror known as Truth/Curt.

BG and Hennig now come out to the ring. God, do i not want to see them. Curt is HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH as the sky, folks. He shootz on DDP being a mark for trying to steal his gimmick. He then calls Jeff out for being a Curt Hennig wanabee. Um, that's not remotely true, you fucking cokehead. He say he sang RAP IS CRAP, and all of sudden Jeff is a country and western signer. Coke is making him lose track of time. He says he has an outstanding body, and makes the camera man zoom in on his bloated face. He then SHOOTZ by saying he took down Brock Lesnar at 35,000 feet. Holy shit, he's trying to angle for a match that would kill him faster than the coke will. He has an actual death wish. He challenges Jeff to a fight next week, because he took down Brock at 35,000 feet. MY GOD.

We go backstage, and we find Jeff and Brian standing at that curtain. Brian refuses to go out because he's waiting for April, so Jeff leaves him there. Back in the ring, BG does his rhyming trash centred on Brian. They leave to mercifully end one of the worst segments I've ever seen.

Equally bloated Scott Hall now walks out, and cuts a terrible promo. He's full of shit for saying he never worked fucked up, because he botches the entire thing. He calls Jeff out for the match.

Match#4 Jeff Jarrett vs Scott Hall
Jeff once again books himself against a brick wall of bad. Again, he's brave and we must respect that. Scott is God awful tonight, just slow and sloppy as a motherfucker. Jeff can't save it with his bumping, because there's nothing hitting him that would make it half-way believable. They have the SLOWEST WALK AND BRAWL EVER. Scott looks near death just stumbling around, and Jeff looks hesitant at points. Any control Jeff does, looks awful because Scott is too fucked up to bump well. TNA is letting legit drunks and drug addicts wrestle on TV. This is the worst run company of the 2000's for that, and i will hear no arguments. Not even Vince would let someone go out there this messed up. TNA lets it happen DOZENS of times all the way to 2011. It keeps getting worse and worse, and sadder and sadder as a result. Jeff hits a super weak chair shot on Scott, which for the best. Curt and BG now run out and attack Jeff. Curt again looks fucking horrid, and Jeff looks like an asshole. The lights now go out and Truth is backstage. Why? He says he'll be up Curt's ass tonight like a rectal. The lights then go back out. In what world did you need to do that, Russo? Back in the ring, Bloated Curt thinks he's having a bad trip, which allows Brian Lawler to attack him from behind. BG fights him off in horrible fashion. Even more horrible is Curt/Jeff. Bloated Curt hits a shoddy looking low blow, and Scott botches the first attempted Edge, but a shitty second one gets him, and that's enough for 3
LOLTNA IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY

Scott and Curt have a near death celebration over a dead Jeff.

Match#5 Brian Lawler vs BG James
Brian looks horrible as well. Jesus, did they all snort, drink and shoot up before the taping? Terrible run of offence happens, and i really want to quit all of this. I won't though, but you need to know. BG DROPS LAWLER RIGHT ONTO HIS HEAD IN A BOTCHED ATTEMPT TO DROP HIM ONTO TO THE TABLE. Fuck me, he's lucky he didn't hit the table because it would have snapped his neck. BG then hits him with a chair instead of checking on him. Fucking cunt. It keeps getting worse, and i don't even know what to say. There are no words for this. "babyface" Syxx walks out with April on the stage and they start kissing, which in turn distracts Brian and causes him to crotch himself on the top rope. BG pins him from there.
LOLTNA

Brian cries a lot, and Syxx keeps kissing her.

tenor.gif

Recap of Syxx/AJ

I'm not even saying it. AJ knows what needs to be done, and he shall do it.

Before the match, Syxx says the fans deserve to see a winner after last week, so he wants No DQ. Hey, that's very face of him. Russo, you're a fucking dick.

Match#6 Syxx (c) vs AJ Styles w/Mortimer Plumbtree (NWA-TNA X-Division Championship. No DQ)
AJ again gets outdone by Syxx in awesome fashion. He even breaks out AJ's flip dive to the head and neck as a fuck you. He really beats the shit out him, and AJ dies like only he can. GROSS bump to the rail at one point which fucks up his ribs. AJ finally catches him and crotches him on the post like he did last week. He's learnt that Syxx's second weakness is his dick. AMAZING. Syxx became the first man to kick out of the Spiral Tap, which is kind of annoying. But given how Syxx doesn't make my skin crawl, and it could have been Sonny, I'll take it. AJ doesn't really get to control things for long, and instead its largely an awesome back an forth. Cool change of pace. AJ does take shots at the neck whenever he can, and it slows Pac down. Mortimer gets taken out, and we get a great finishing run. Pac really goes out of his way for AJ, and i love him for it. He gets to the ropes during the Clash and holds on for dear life, and shitty Lawler runs out and smashes a glass on his head. AJ hits the clash to win his title back.
***1/4

AJ is now the first two time champion is TNA history.

Post match, Pac shoos Mortimer away, and raises AJ's hand. Torch has been passed. NAH, AJ HANDS THE BELT BEHIND HIS BACK TO LAWLER, AND HE CLOBBERS SYXX IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD. AJ kisses the belt and celebrates. Awesome angle. AJ should keep the belt for at least 6 months before he moves on to the world title. Zero reason as to why he should lose it any time soon.

Match#7 Ace Steel vs Jorge Estrada w/Priscilla
I just learnt that Priscilla is Jerry Lawler's ex. Now we know why she's here. This fine for a few minutes. Ace has fire you can't help but love, and Jorge isn't shit tonight. Its sure as shit is better than any of the LOLTNA tonight. Priscilla trips Steel, and Jorge hits his Lionsault to win
*3/4

Post match, Mortimer and Ace beat them both up.

Syxx comes out to the ring selling the match. Good man. He puts AJ over as a world class wrestler! He says this started as a rib on Brian, and sometimes they get serious. Like what you and Shawn did to Candido? He calls Brian out to fight for her, winner takes her home to rock her world. Brian comes out crying like a bitch. He says April is used trash, and Syxx laughs at this. Syxx says they did stuff off camera. April now walks and out and declares her love for Brian. She says he made her do it. OH, DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE, RUSSO. DON'T YOU DARE RUN A RAPE ANGLE, YOU FUCKING SACK OF SHIT. Syxx calls her a lying bitch, and he fights with Brian. Blackshirts pull them apart.

NEXT WEEK. AMW DEFEND THEIR TITLES. BRIAN VS SYXX FOR APRIL. AJ VS RED IN WHAT COULD BE THE MATCH OF THE YEAR. HENNIG/JEFF, AND TRUTH/HALL.

JB botches the fuck out of the ring intros. Eric and Hulk firing him is the best thing on a very small list of good things they did.

Tenay has the audacity to tell me that Hennig had the champions number last week, and he could have won. Smug cunt needs a slap to the face.

Match#8 Ron "The Truth" Killings (c) vs Curt Hennig (NWA World Heavyweight Championship. No Hold Barred)
Truth is again forced to bump and sell for this broken down dying man. Forget what i said, everything Curt does is fucking horrible. Strikes, bumping/selling, whole deal. He's again blown up a mere 3 minutes in, and it makes Truth look like a complete asshole. Again, he has to slow everything down because he doesn't want to get a body on him. Truth keeps smiling as he beats him up, and its infectious. Wish he could have better booking/opponents. Curt's comeback is dreadful, and that near death feeling is there front and centre. It drags for a while, until Mr Wrestling III runs out and attacks Curt again. AWFUL fight happens between them. He tries to unmask him, but Truth breaks out the FOREIGN OBJECT and knocks him out for 3
1/4*

III runs off into the crowd, and Truth celebrates on the stage.

NEXT WEEK: EVIL RETURN. 30/10/02

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
This deserves it own post. I've taken this from the LOLTNA page, but through other research, I've found it to be 100% true.
  • When TNA started up in January 2002, Jeff Jarrett hired Jay Hassman to deal with contracts for the various pay-per-view companies around the country and making sure the company had ads running in various cable TV magazines. Any time Jarrett asked about buyrate estimates, Hassman said they would be in the 60,000 to 70,000 range. He also said the first ever TNA show had done 80,000 buys.
  • In a way, the Internet called bullshit on this claim: various people had complained on forums about how they couldn't watch the PPVs because their cable providers didn't carry them, and the ones who could watch the shows didn't see them mentioned in any cable listings or advertised on TV. Jarrett smelled a rat and called InDemand directly for the PPV numbers; InDemand told him the first show had done just under 20,000 buys. TNA sued Hassman and his company (which also provided PPV support for the WWE), which would mark the start of two specific issues: the birth of a conspiracy theory about WWE sabotaging TNA from the beginning and TNA's constant money problems (Jarrett had budgeted the company at 50,000 buys based on Hassman's estimates).
  • Dixie Carter became involved in the company around this time, too. Jarrett received financial backing from a lot of different companies when TNA began, one of which was HealthSouth. In October 2002, HealthSouth lost tons of revenue due to fraud investigations and pulled out as a backer for TNA. Dixie, already working as a promoter for TNA, persuaded her father to become a financial backer for the company; as a result, Panda Energy purchased the 71% backing position for the company for $250,000. The company renamed itself as TNA Entertainment and Dixie became its president by the start of 2003.
So, there you have it folks, Double J got out carny'd by an even more shifty carny than himself. He really thought TNA had done 80,000 buys for the first show, which would have put them around 20,000 less than peak ECW. I don't even know how the fuck you could possibly be that moronic or gullible, but here we are. Big Dave reported that they did between 5 and 15 thousand per week, which is a little less than the 50,000 he banked on. Jeff's stupidity now opens the door for the dumbest money mark the business has seen in years. A mark whose exposure to wrestling was WCW 2000, and now thinks that Vince Russo is great at his job. That relationship will now add a lethal dose of poison to the company for years and years to come. It will eventually cost them TWO TV deals, countless wrestlers, and turns them into the biggest running joke in wrestling history.

LOLTNA was here since day one, but now its been injected into every corner of the company, and we are forced to watch like Alex from Clockwork Orange.

May God have mercy on my soul.

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
NWA-TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPION: AJ STYLES. Since-23/10/02

NWA-TNA PPV#18
October 30, 2002
TNA ASYLUM

Match#1 Tony Mamaluke vs Kid Kash

Makes perfect sense after Kash tried to kill him a few weeks ago. Sadly, he doesn't show any real fire, and he's sloppy as hell. Kash is good, but not amazing either. So, this is a big sloppy affair. Tenay mentions a tournament for the NWA title will begin tonight. Oh, fuck me. Match drags for a while and i lose my attention a ton, so fuck it. Kash wins. Lets move on
*3/4

TONIGHT: JEFF/HENNIG. AJ/RED. TRUTH/HALL.

Hey, only one of those is actually good.

Tenay interviews Hall. He says this place is for renegades LMAO. Not even close, Scotty. He puts over the title, company and Truth. Don't care. Give Truth someone sober to fight.

Truth comes out and does his standard promo. Same notes, different day. Scott comes out and talks some smack, and they fight. Tenay says Hall is the biggest box office star to never win a world title. I'm 99.9% sure that's not true, but whatever.

GREAT NEWS: This is Scott's last match here for two years. Thank you God.

Match#2 Ron "The Truth" Killings (c) vs Scott Hall (NWA World Heavyweight Championship)
Once again, Hall is a fucking horrid slow sack of crap. Truth AGAIN has to slow things down to try and save it, and its good enough for a point. Hall's comeback is awful, but Truth saves it by being awesome. Mr Wrestling III attacks Hall, and they have a terrible fight, Hall unmasks him but he covers his dome, and rolls out. Truth takes advantage and nails Hall with Truth or Consequences to rid us of this trash.
*3/4

Recap of Jeff/Hennig. LOLTNA, they fucked up the audio and we get nothing but crowd noise, so they have to stop the tape. They try to play it again, but it STILL doesn't work. Dying. Jeff makes his way out to try and save this shitshow.

He has two points to make: #1 He promised he would earn the shot, and now he's got a chance to do just that. #2 Mr Wrestling III. He declares a bounty on his head, but won't name the price. CHEAP. Bloated Curt now walks out for some horrible mic work. He again says Jeff has ripped him off for years and years, despite none of that being true. He accuses him of being Mr Wrestling. Trust me, you're going to wish it was him. Hennig promises to kick his ass...then he walks backstage. What a mess.

Dixie's dad's money hasn't kicked in yet, i'm guessing.

Match#3 America's Most Wanted (c) vs Hot Shots vs The Micheal's (NWA-TNA World Tag Team Championships)
AMW are still pissed off, so we get another heated fight! Tenay makes a good point by saying AMW requested this match, and they could lose without being pinned. The heels team up to beat the crap out AMW, and its very fun. Tenay also calls them by their name for the first time, so we are here. Harris goes nuts again, and i might love that man ngl. The heels eventually fight, and its not very good. Everything breaks down, and AMW clean house. THEY USE THE DEATH SENTENCE FOR THE FIRST TIME TO GET THE WIN. AMW are 100% here
**3/4

THE LIGHTS GO OUT. NO, ITS NOT TNA FORGETTING TO THE PAY THE BILLS, ITS BRIAN LEE AND SLASH. They take everyone out, and Father James shows up on the stage. NC keep beating the hell out of AMW, AND FATHER JAMES COMMANDS LEE TO DRIVE STORM STRAIGHT TO HELL. HE CHOKESLAMES HIM OFF THE STAGE. They drag Harris over to a balcony and Slash splashes him through another table. Father James says that's enough for today. He says they have descended on TNA like a plague and the slaughter has only begun. The NC will do what they want to who they want. He says they follow him like rats behind the piper, and no one can stop him. HE IS BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL. The NC will only obey him because he is the messiah. The first and last. The beginning and End. Lights go out and they vanish. Awesome angle. Much needed new blood to the second worst division the company has.

Earlier today, Tenay sat down with Bullet and Nazi. He announces from here on out, the NWA titles can change hands on a DQ or countout (LOLTNA. They'll forget this until 2006, when Sting refuses to job to Abyss, and that's how they get the belt off him) They then announce the NWA title tournament, and Nazi will be the guest referee. Which means these fucking morons didn't air any of this in order, and now its all backwards. Goodness me.

Match#4 BG James vs Ron Harris (NWA Tournament Qualifier. Don Harris is the referee)
This is a clusterfuck in the most TNA way possible. First, the match itself is trash because both men aren't good. BG can be good on occasion, but this one isn't it. Ron is awful, as we've covered. We go backstage to find Jeff beating the crap out of bloodied Curt. Blackshirts drag Jeff off. Back in the ring, a very bad match continues. Don Harris now turns heel as he keeps pulling BG off his brother when he's in control, and it lets Ron take over. Hey, we go backstage again to find bloated Curt being checked on by medics. Screaming banshee Goldy makes things worse. BULLET NOW COMES OUT AND FIRES DON IN THE MIDDLE OF A MATCH, AND WE GET A SPLIT SCREEN OF CURT AND JEFF FIGHTING AGAIN. HOLY SHIT. Nazi refuses to be fired, and says Bullet is protecting his son. Bullet says he'll suspend him if he doesn't comply, and if Ron doesn't get back in. Don punches the old fella out on the stage, and BG gets a terrible rollup to win.
LOLTNA

BG checks on his daddy, and i now fear we have a terrible feud before us.

Recap of Mortimer and Ace beating up Jorge and Priscilla. This means mixed tag. Damn it all to hell.

Wait, even worse news: Bruce will be taking Mortimer's place.

Match#5 Ace Steel & Bruce vs Jorge Estrada & Priscilla
NO

Hennig stumbles out for his match, and his selling is very bad. Jeff hits him with a chair, and throws him in.

Match#6 Jeff Jarrett vs Curt Hennig (NWA Tournament Qualifier)
Jeff hits the stroke to win in 5 second. For the best
1/4*

He keeps beating up Curt and all the refs that try to stop it.

Lynn says he's forgoing revenge so he can focus on winning the title.

Recap of Lynn/Sonny.

Match#7 Jerry Lynn vs Sonny Siaki (NWA Tournament Qualifier)
All the fire from last week got snuffed out, and we're left with the boring embers that aren't even cool enough to throw at your mate when he's passed out next to it. Everything is dull and i don't want, nor am i going to write about it. Sonny wins with his feet on the ropes
*1/2

Lynn attacks him for a bit, until he throws him off the stage. Cool

Recap of Brian/Syxx. Eat shit, Russo.

Brian and April come out...Nah, not going to cover this.

AJ, do that thing you do

Match#8 AJ Styles (c) w/Mortimer Plumbtree vs Amazing Red (NWA-TNA X-Division Championship)
Jesus, this fucking rules. Not QUITE the MOTY i thought it was 5 years ago, but still fucking wonderful. Everything slowly escalates and builds exactly how it should, and both men are on another level. We establish that Red is faster, which lets him counter AJ like no one else has in this way. Ki brutally beat him, Lynn had to get dirty, but Red just outpaces him like no one else. AJ finally cut him off and unloads a mean as hell beating. Red is perfect for AJ to break out bombs on because he's so sympathetic, and when he counters any of them it looks spectacular. His tornado DDT is SO pretty. AJ gets more and more mean every time he fights back, and it easily his best performance thus far as a heel as the whole package comes together. Red's comeback rocks. HE COUNTERS THE STYLES CLASH WITH A DISGUSTING SNAP RANA THAT AJ SELLS LIKE FUCKING DEATH. AJ survives it, but he's all fucked up and it slows him down on everything. His concussion selling is amazing. Just nothing but a glazed over look in his eyes and wobbly knees. Mortimer trips Red and he eats a gross Lariat. AJ tries for the Tap, but Red crotches him, They fight on top and AJ tries for the super Styles Clash, BUT RED COUNTERS WITH THE SNAP RANA, BUT AJ HOLDS ON THIS TIME AND FLIPS HIM BACK OVER WHEN THEY HIT THE GROUND, AND HE GETS THE 3. Once again, he counters death to win. I fucking love this man. Red is the man as well
***3/4

If not for AJ and the X-Division, this company would rightly burn to the fucking ground.

NEXT WEEK: AJ/LYNN. Other stuff as well, but fuck them.

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
NWA-TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPION: AJ STYLES. Since-23/10/02

NWA-TNA PPV#19
November 6th, 2002
TNA ASYLUM

We open the show with footage from the 54th anniversary show.

TONIGHT: AJ VS LYNN. AMW VS NEW CHURCH. Jeff vs Hennig. Syxx vs Lawler.

Editors Note: I'm skipping the first twenty as its a long Bruce promo, then an evening gown match with Jorge. Only good thing is Lenny Lane is alive.

Backstage, Sonny says words. He's facing BG James in the next round of the tournament.

Match#1 Sonny Siaki vs BG James (NWA World Championship Tournament. Round 2)
This isn't very good. BG again looks horrible, and Sonny is bad again. Sonny controls most of it, which might be the better choice of the two. He works BG's leg for a while, and its fine because he's better when he has something to focus on. He has it won, but Lynn comes out and distracts him, and BG fights back and wins with his shitty Pumphandle
*1/2

Recap of the New Church's return.

Backstage, Goldy is with AMW. Harris is ALL fired up tonight, as he promises they aren't taking any more shit. He hasn't slept in a week because he's gone insane, and he has some evil in his body. Storm cuts the bullshit and cuts a hell of a promo that he can't be killed, because he is the biggest buc...BADDEST SON OF A BITCH ON THE EARTH. HE WON'T CRAWL INTO A HOLE AND TURN INTO ASHES. HE WILL BRING HELL TO THE NEW CHURCH. SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAMN LUCK.

Father James does another promo about being the messiah. He has told the NC to make AMW pay with their blood

Match#2 America's Most Wanted (c) vs New Church w/Father James Mitchell. (NWA-TNA World Tag Team Championships)
AMW rush the ring and all hell breaks loose! They kick the living shit out of each other, and its the spark we've needed for months. Slash bleeds like a stuck pig.

nwa-tna-weekly-ppv-19-20021106-004.gif

He takes the lions share of the abuse for a while. AMW don't let up and its the best work from them yet. They kill him with the Death Sentence, but Lee drags Storm out of the ring AND FATHER JAMES USES A SPIKE ON STORM'S HEAD. Harris gets busted open from the rail, and now NC beat the hell out of Storm. Awesome, awesome control seg from NC. Lee is a bad wrestler, but a switch goes off in his head and he stops being bad for the next few weeks. Slash rules, and takes Crowbar's spot as my guy. Harris' hot tag rules everything. SO much fire. Slash murders him with a chair shot, and he barely kicks out. Wonderful selling now from him, and NC's beating get even meaner. Slash drives his fingers into Harris' skull, and we get some amazing screams. Storm's hot tag is great as well, and AMW start to overwhelm them. Lee gets the spike and kills them both, so the ref finally throws it out.
***1/4

NC continue the murder with the spikes. Father James finally makes them leave when a mountain of blackshirts run out. That was incredible. Give me more matches.

Match#3 Brian Lawler w/April vs Syxx Pac (NWA Championship Tournament. Round 2)
Brian attacks him from behind, and for the first time in weeks looks like his old self. He really kicks the hell out of Syxx for a while, and its good fun. He misses the Jam, and Syxx has an awesome comeback. He kisses April like an asshole because we can't escape this shit. Brian gets mad and drags her by the hair and calls her a cunt. What a nice man. Syxx kicks him in the gut and nails the X-Factor to win.

LOLTNA: Pac will quit in the next couple of weeks once he finds out Russo is going to be on TV. Great work, guys.

Lawler fakes a heart attack to get April to stay with him. I wish i was making that up, but here we are.

Tenay interviews Truth. Mike says Truth demanded this time, and Ron says he trusts Mike more than anyone else here. He says Mr Wrestling III got one over him, but he has a contract for a title match whenever he wants it. Truth says its funny that Bullet signed this without any question when normally he fights Truth on everything, He gives the contract to Tenay to give Mr Wrestling whenever he shows up. 99.9% sure that Truth is now a face.

Double J makes his way out now. DW brings up the suspicion that Jeff is Mr Wrestling, and he's out here to claim the title match. He calls Mike into the ring, and Tenay gives him the contract and asks if he can give him a pen. Jeff says he's heard the rumours, and all he needs to do is sign the contract. He picks up the pen, and reads over the contract...HE THROWS THE PEN AND RIPS THE CONTRACT UP. WHAT THE HELL? FOR OVER 20 WEEKS HE'S WAITED FOR A TITLE SHOT, AND HE'LL BE DAMNED IF ANYONE IS WALKING IN THE BACK DOOR TO STEAL IT FROM HIM, IN TWO WEEKS AFTER HE'S WON THE TOURNAMENT, HE WILL BEAT RON KILLINGS FOR THE NWA WORLDS CHAMPIONSHIP. Jeff is now 99% a babyface, and some awesome and very dumb shit can now take place.

"The following match is a five man, five way tables elimination match" JB

Match#4 Kid Kash vs Joel Maximo vs Jose Maximo vs Tony Mamluke vs Ace Steel w/Mortimer Plumbstree (Five Way Tables Elimination Match)

One of the most Russo-rific matches I've ever seen. I don't need to tell you why its dumb, you already know. This is sloppy as hell, and just a big fucking mess overall. Bound to happen when you handcuff people with this moronic stip. Mama DDT's Ace through a table to get rid of him (nearly broke Ace's neck in the process) Mama continues to be a soppy fuck, and i hate him again. Thankfully, Jose moonsaults him through one to get rid of him. More dull things happen for a while, and its one of the worst tables matches I've seen. Kash does a terrible rana to one of them to send him through his brother and table, and the ref gives him the win. That shouldn't have counted, but at least this is over
1/4*

Recap of the horrible Jeff/Bloated Curt feud

Jeff comes out for some mic time. He says when he was 19 years old, he came within a inch of beating Curt for the AWA championship. He won the IC title 7 times, and Curt can't say that. Nor can he say he won the world title 4 times. Jeff throwing factual shotz back. Good for him. He says Curt hasn't been seen all day, so he demands the ref count him out. Sadly, Bloater makes his way out and attack Jeff at ringside

Match#5 Jeff Jarrett vs Curt Hennig
Awful work from Curt as a fired up babyface, but Jeff makes it worth anything with his awesome bumping. ASYLUM BRAWL happens, and we get some awful walk and brawl from this bloated corpse. He keeps choking him with a belt, and its whatever. He uses a chair and ends up braining the ref. We REALLY needed that, Russo. Curt keeps beating him up and hitting Hennig Plexes, which blow him up to the shock of no one. Another ref finally runs out and DQ's him.
*3/4

Jeff allowing this bloated asshole to look good at his expense is incredibly kind. Dumb as hell, but kind.

NEXT WEEK. Jeff/Syxx. Kash gets an X title shot. 4 team tag tournament. Red/Yang/Mamluke. Well, that all sounds very bad.

Recap of the AJ/Lynn feud from day 1 to now. REALLY well done.

Match#6 AJ Styles (c) w/Mortimer Plumbtree vs Jerry Lynn (NWA-TNA X-Division Championship)
They go hold for hold to start and its incredibly even, and neither man can gain the edge. They do a slight standoff, and it hurts me inside to see AJ forced into that horror. Lynn is the one who throws the first shot with a Lariat, which furthers the story of Lynn knowing this young freak is better than him, and he's going to need to get mean and dirty to have any chance. Lynn controls AJ for a while, and beats the shit out of him. AJ takes a flip bump to the floor off a springboard dropkick! He also counters the springboard legdrop, showing he's got Lynn figured out, but Lynn ups that by sweeping AJ's leg out from under him when he lands!. AJ BREAKS OUT A NEW TRICK FOR THE OLD MAN, WHEN HE LEAPS OVER THE RAIL AND SUPERKICKS LYNN WHEN HE LANDS. He tries for another leap off the rail but Lynn kicks him down on the bad ribs, so now both med are messed up. I adore this feud. AJ finally throws him to the floor and Mortimer kicks him in the ribs, and after 10 minutes, AJ has control! Awesome stuff from AJ, and the old man does his job well. DW says Lynn has to fight back and win as soon as possible, or AJ's youth will get him the win. AJ uses a disgusting full leg crab when he sets up for the Clash, and decides to do that instead. AJ lets go, and Tenay suspects he's figured Lynn won't tap. Lynn comes back and uses that gross flip bomb again, and Mortimer saves AJ from being pinned. AJ lows blows him, and beats him down until Lynn hits a powerbomb when he counters AJ attempted moonault off the chest. The old man still has some tricks left. Exhaustion selling from both is incredible. Lynn's comeback is wonderful, and puts this over the top. He screams that AJ is a FUCKING PUNK, and he starts kicking the shit out of him. Lynn slams Mortimer and AJ's heads together, and he nails AJ with the Cradle Piledriver, AND AJ KICKS OUT! No one does that. Sonny now comes to ringside to watch, and he drags the ref out of the ring. Behind Lynn's back, Mortimer puts a chair between the turnbuckles and Lynn gets driven head first! HE KICKS OUT AT THE VERY LAST MOMENT, SO AJ DRAGS HIM BACK UP AND HITS THE STYLES CLASH. LYNN KICKS OUT, AND BECOMES THE FIRST MAN IN TNA TO DO THAT. AJ tries the tap, but Lynn crotches him and hits a big superplex for 2. AJ tiredly fights back and steals that flip bomb, and Lynn kicks out of it. They do tombstone reversals, AND LYNN SHIFTS HIS ARMS INTO THE CRADLE POSITION, AND HE DRIVES AJ HEAD FIRST INTO THE MAT AND GETS THE 3.
****1/2

The culmination of 5 months of amazing storytelling pays off in the most unexpected, but incredible ways. Feud of the year. Match of the year, Just. Holy Shit.

2020-07-06 (5).png (1.34MiB)

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
NWA-TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPION: JERRY LYNN. Since-6/11/02
NWA-TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: AMERICA'S MOST WANTED. Since-18/9/02

NWA-TNA PPV#20
November, 13th, 2002
TNA ASYLUM

Goldy opens the show with the national anthem. She's not very good.

TONIGHT: LYNN/KASH FOR THE X TITLE. SYXX VS JEFF JARRETT...Except Syxx has quit in the last week, so nope.

AJ and Mortimer make their way out to the ring, and AJ gets a ton of heat. He tells SUGAR TITS TENAY to pay attention to Mortimer right now. Plumbtree says he has gotten AJ an automatic rematch clause for his contract, so Kid is out of the match and AJ is in. Lynn now walks out and calls Mortimer a nerd. GOT EM. He says Kash earned his shot in a incredible match (lol), but he figured AJ would be out here like a bitch, so its a three way dance. Cool, AJ can further his resume as the best three way dance wrestler ever.

Match#1 EZ Money vs Tony Mamaluke
Oh, joy. EZ is a boring dude that was in ECW and WCW for a cup of coffee. He's fine and dandy, but he's got nothing to attach yourself to. Mama is Mama, you know the deal. They have a very decent match for a few minutes, before EZ wins with the Money Clip
*3/4

I'm dreading EZ getting anywhere near AJ.

Match#2 Sonny Siaki vs Chris Vaughn
Fine enough squash for Sonny. Neckbreaker does it
*1/2

Backstage, Lawler hears April moaning in the shower. He storms in and yells at her, until she screams at him to get out. In the background we see Bruce pop his head out of the shower. KILL ME

Father James comes out to the stage. He says there been a lot of debate about traditional wrestler vs sports entertainment, but the NC is only concerned with EVIL. It is constant and never changes. He then introduces the newest member, Bella Donna (just found out she passed in 2019. R.I.P) Father James then brings out my OG guy, MALICE.

Match#3 MALICE w/New Church vs Kaos
Awesome squash for MALICE. He beats the crap out of this guy, and ends it with a cool knee drop to the skull from the top rope
Before his match, Brian declares his love for April. That'll end well.

Match#4 Jorge Estrada w/Priscilla vs Brian Lawler w/April
Two minutes of nothing before the ladies fight, which distracts Jorge and lets Brian roll him up
1/4*

Backstage, Goldy is with Double J. He does his thing about being screwed since day one, and how he promised to win it all. He says Syxx isn't here (cheers, Russo) so Jeff now has a bye this week, and next he'll face BG James. He again promises to win it all.

Match#5 Jimmy Yang vs Amazing Red (#1 Contendership)
Yang ditched the Elvis gimmick, and is now wearing a Kings Road Jacket and the pants from his Jung Dragon days. This is a super fun X-Style spotfest i live for. 100kms an hour with cool spots from dudes i enjoy. Can't go wrong. Jimmy controls for a while and its a lot of fun thanks to Red dying on everything, although Yang is kind of dull at points. Red's comeback rules as always, as done the finishing run. Yang Time is missed, and Red nails the Infra Red to get the win
**3/4

Backstage, BG does his rhyming about Jeff Jarrett. Double J walks over and says they've got years and years of history and wants a handshake, BG puts the kibosh on that. Jeff says he's serious and wants a good clean match. They shake hands, and Jeff cheap shots him. NO WAY. He beats the shit out of him for a while. BG had that coming for being dumb.

Match#6 S.A.T vs Rainbow Express (Tag Tournament Round 1)
TNA is doing a two week tag tournament for the next #1 contenders. Cool idea if they actually had more than 3 teams worth anything. Lenny wants to be Miss TNA, so he keeps trying to get Bruce crippled and take him out, so he can win the crown. Just what we need. Did i mention i miss Lodi? S.A.T try their best to save this, but its just not happening. Spanish Fly does it.
3/4*

Backstage, Goldy is with Bullet. They talk about Nazi. Fuck off

Match#7 Nazi Harris Brothers vs Hot Shots (Tag Tournament Round 1)
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. Nazis wins, and next week will face S.A.T. Insert your own jokes
LOLTNA

BG storm the ring spitting mad. He calls Jeff a lowdown piece of shit! BAW GAWD. He challenges him have the finals right now. Jeff walks out and says he got word the match is taking place next week, and he won't give into him. BG calls Jeff and his entire family bunch of PUSSIES. Jeff rushes the ring when BG insults his mama, and shit is on. Bullet walks out and Tenay gets word the match is on.

Match#8 Jeff Jarrett vs BG James (NWA World Title Tournament Finals)
Say it with me, ASYLUM BRAWL. Another great one as you would expect from a fired up Jeff, and BG trying hard. They really belt the hell out of each other, and its a welcome sight for the shit we've seen tonight. They fight to the very top of the Asylum in a really cool visual. Jeff beats him all the way down to the floor with some awesome headshots. He blasts with a nasty chair and BG falls off the staircase through a table. The fix is in as the ref takes a full minute to count BG out, and he makes it back in time. His comeback is pretty fun for a very over the hill man. Jeff thankfully cuts it off and Strokes him on a chair to win
**3/4

Match#9 America's Most Wanted (c) vs New Church w/Father James & Bella Donna (NWA-TNA World Tag Team Championships)

AMW RUN THROUGH THE CROWD AND BEAT THE FUCKING PISS OUT OF THE NEW CHURCH. Another wild as hell fight breaks out, and there is a TON of fucking hate. Everyone bleeds again, and our guy Slash gets another gusher off a chair thrown at him. Lee's good again, and he and Storm have a great fight, Harris throws the Piston Like Right Hands on Slash on the stage in revenge for last week. DW is worried for Slash's safety. The best man who ever lived. Lee murders Storm with chair shots off screen, and that works better because you can hear it and just imagine how bad it was. Harris fights them two on one, but they overwhelm him and murder him with the tag belts, Control seg from NC is fantastic again. Nothing pretty, just mean as hell. Horrific scenes when Storm drags himself back on the apron and his whole head is covered in blood. He toughs it out, and has a super fun hot tag, before they cut him with a hideous doomsday dropkick. Shit breaks down, and Storm has it won with the 8 Second Ride, but Father James distracts the ref. Slash brains Storm with the belt, and he kicks out! AMW have it won with the Death Sentence but the ref is dead, and LEE GOES NUTS WITH THE SPIKE TO HARRIS. STORM FIGHTS HIM OFF, BUT BELLA JUMPS ON HIS BACK AND LEE OBLITERATES HIM WITH A SHOT, AND THE NEW CHURCH WIN THE BELTS. AMW have finally lost!
***3/4

Post match, Bella drinks Slash's blood.

Recap of Kash winning, and the amazing AJ/Lynn match.

On one hand, AJ gets to main even another show as he should. On the other, the tag match was amazing and nothing is topping it. Not a bad problem to have, i guess. Also, its nice that AJ doesn't have to save the show this week. AMW are a Godsend

Match#10 Jerry Lynn (c) vs Kid Kash vs AJ Styles w/Mortimer Plumbtree (NWA-TNA X-Division Championship)
AJ does his thing and lays out a super fun match, one that could have sucked with someone else in there. Looking at you, Sonny. He just has this insane ability to make each one of these feel completely different from the last. Kash and Lynn are pretty good, but AJ is the MVP. He breaks out the Springboard Shooting Star Press again, and murders Kash with his chest. Jesus. DW wants to see 4 spilt screens so we see everything all the time. Bless him. Everyone goes nuts and there's a ton of close calls. AJ misses a dive and lands on Mortimer. Back in the ring, Lynn beats Kash clean with the Cradle. Not amazing, but good fun.
**3/4

Bullet walks out to the ring and gives DW the line-up for next week

AMW. MALICE. A TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP. LYNN VS RED FOR THE X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP. KILLINGS VS JARRETT FOR THE NWA WORLDS TITLE

Jeff comes out and puts Ron over as the first African American NWA champion. He says for 20 weeks he worked his ass off THIS moment, and he won't let it go. Since he was a boy he's seen NWA world title matches. Every great who held the belt since then has been an inspiration to him. Fargo, Flair, the Funks. Even STING held the NWA title. He's only ever dreamed of winning the NWA Worlds Championship. He's not 6ft 8, 380 pounds, he's always done his business in the ring ,and he's always done WHATEVER its taken to win. Ron will be a proud champion next week, but this is Jeff Destiny. (No, its Raven's) Wonderful promo.

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
NWA-TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: NEW CHURCH. Since-13/11/02

NWA-TNA PPV#21
November 20th, 2002
TNA ASYLUM

During the crowd pan, a fan is holding a "HEEL SECTION" sign. Kill me

TONIGHT: LYNN VS RED FOR THE X TITLE. KILLINGS VS JEFF FOR THE NWA WORLDS CHAMPIONSHIP

Tenay sat down with Truth earlier today. Mike said he has offered this time to Jeff, but he refused because was too busy focusing on the match. So, the World champ was the second option? fuck you. Truth says Mr Wrestling III is out of his mind, because the world title is everything. He says he's watched Jeff create a passion for the belt since he got here, but Truth has that same passion. It justifies everything he's been through and its helped get rid of his demons. This boil downs to two wrestlers with PASSION for the belt, and it will come down to who wants it more and is willing to pay the bigger price. Good times.

Match#1 Divine Storm w/Trinity vs EZ Money & Sonny Siaki
Holy shit, what a horrible looking match. DS did a few shows for ROH at this time, and they're nothing remarkable. Trinity is at least cool. Should have hired her, and left them. EZ hits a closeline off the top, and Tenay LOSES his mind like its something brand new. Like, Red and AJ haven't done shit never before seen. Fucking smug dumb cunt. Rest of the match is painfully dull, and i don't care. Heels wins
*1/2

Father James and Bella make their way out to the stage. He says the world is focused on the World title, and NEEDS that focus to be on the New Church, He warns the winner that the WRATH of the New Church is coming for them. Big pop

Match#2 MALICE vs Kory Williams.
Another fun squash for the big fella. Sadly, its his last match for TNA. Not sure why, but he's done after this. Poor MALICE falls off the top rope with a botched knee, but he jumps up and ends it with a Chokeslam
*3/4

MALICE kills him after the match.

Match#3 Nazi Harris Brothers vs S.A.T (#1 Contenders Match)
S.A.T try their very best to get anything good out of the Nazis, but its not happening. The cunts win, sadly.
Vince Russo's face

Russo injects more his bullshit in the next segment when Lenny Lane confronts Bruce about being a "wannabee homo" and says he doesn't deserve the Miss TNA crown. Just. Just go fuck yourself.

Before BG/Lane happens, BG says this "This goes for all of you who are politically correct. This won't be a gay bashing, I'm just about to beat the hell out a smurf"

Match#4 BG James vs Lenny Lane
Horrible squash from this piece of shit. I wish Nick Gage was here to stab BG and Russo. Bruce attacks Lenny, then Brian attack him. Ref doesn't even call it, and BG gets the win
No funny rating. Just know that i feel sick covering any of this.

Goldy and Apil walk out to the stage holding hands. Goldy kisses her the cheek and they leave.

I will finish this review
I will finish this review
i will finish this review
You will not kill me

Match#5 AJ Styles vs Jorge Estrada vs Crimson Dragon (#1 Contenders Match)
Dragon is Chris Hamrick! This bangs a fucking ton! Everyone just goes insane with cool spots, and AJ again does his thing in laying all of this out in the most logical and awesome way. Hamrick does a bunch of cool things, and he an AJ mesh super well. Jorge works hard enough, which is nice to see. Finishing run is killer, and the finish rules as AJ clashes Dragon on top of Jorge, and pins them both

Put this on my tombstone: "AJ Styles kept him alive"

Backstage, AMW are with Goldy. Harris says his plan is TO BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF JAMES MITCHELL. ONLY THEN WILL HE GET HIS TITLES BACK. Storm says the only way to kill a snake is to chop its head off, and Mitchell's' is coming off. If Bella jumps on his back again, he'll snap her neck. SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAMN LUCK"

Match#6 New Church (c) w/Father James & Bella Donna vs America's Most Wanted (NWA-TNA World Tag Team Championships)
Another wild brawl to kick us off, and hey, it fucking rules again. Just a ton of hate and violence, and everything you could want. Harris gets hit in the back with a chair to isolate him, and another killer NC control segment happens. Lee does really well for himself, and I'm sure somewhere Raven is proud of his flunkie. Storm's hot tag bangs as always. Things break down as they tend to and everyone goes wild. AMW do a doomsday suplex, and NC beat them up whenever they can. Lee tries the spike again, but Storm gets it and kills him with it and AMW get DQ

Storm keeps stabbing Lee, and true to his word, he kills Bella with the 8 Second Ride. AMW leave them laying, and kill the ref when he tries to stop them. They get Father James by himself, but the Blackshirts save him. AMW murder them with chair shots as NC bail. Love this feud.

Earlier today, Smug Mike sat down with Amazing Red. For those who don't know, he can't really speak. Like, Rey, he gets over in the ring period, not by speaking. He says he does his moves to give the fans something new to see. He speaks about the training with Mikey, and he's just dying out here. He starts muttering and getting nervous, and its not good. Poor guy.

Backstage, Lynn puts Red over as a future champion, but not on this night. He said a lot of words before this, but we don't need hear/read them.

Match#7 Jerry Lynn (c) vs Amazing Red (NWA-TNA X-Division Championship)
STANDOFF 30 SECONDS IN. You son of a bitch. The opening is very much a Jerry Lynn opening, you've seen one, you've seen this. This is why AJ is the man because he stopped this shit from happening, and didn't feed the beast. Lynn catches Red and drives him in the apron and starts beating him up. Pretty good stuff from both. Red's comeback injects some fire into this, and Lynn thankfully hangs back and lets the kid do his thing. Finishing run is fun times, without many dumb things. LYNN HITS A TOP ROPE CRADLE PILEDRIVER TO WIN. WHAT THE FUCK. Jerry Lynn making me eat shit
**3/4

Lynn helps him up and gives him a hug

NEXT WEEK: NEW CHURCH VS HENNIG/SYXX PAC (LOL NO) LYNN VS AJ STYLES FOR THE X CHAMPIONSHIP.

Awesome Truth highlight video airs.

An equally awesome one for Jeff airs.

Match#8 Ron "The Truth" Killings (c) vs Jeff Jarrett (NWA World Heavyweight Championship)
This feels HUGE. Kudos to TNA for actually capturing that feeling for the first time in the main event scene after 21 weeks. Goddamn shame some very awful shit is about to taint it. DW says Jeff is the hometown favourite, and Tenay says the VERY first time Jeff stepped inside a ring was as a referee in this very building. So going with that, Truth works more heelish and its for the best. He can do his awesome heel work with an actual talented wrestler that's not near death, or doesn't know how to be a compelling face. Jeff unleashes that SWEET babyface fire in epic as balls fashion. He even does the Fargo Strut to a MASSIVE pop. Truth kicks him down low to cut him off, and from there beats the shit out of Jeff. Easily his best control seg since the Ki match a few months ago. Jeff's attempted comebacks are fantastic, as are Truth's cutoffs. Truth does the Figure Four as the big fuck you, and Jeff fighting out of it amazing. Like so many have said, if he wasn't such an unlikable dickhead, he'd be one of the best babfaces ever. He's not 100% a face yet, so when the ref gets eyepoked by Truth, he has zero problems hitting him in the skull with a chair. Truth kicks out, and weirdly regains control really quickly. Not the best idea to have him no sell a chair shot, but i don't hate it that much. Jeff crotches him on the top rope and hits the Stroke, and Truth kicks out! Truth is finally being booked strong on his last night as champion. LOLTNA. Jeff gets busted open on the post, and he's a great bleeder. Truth unloads some horrific punches to the cut and the ASYLUM BRAWL breaks out. They beat the crap out of each other, and I'll give Jeff all the credit for changing these up. He takes a splash through a table off a leap off the balcony. Shit gets dramatic from here as both men sell the exhaustion. They have a bloody punch off and its the fucking best. The ref gets taken out, and Mr Wrestling III makes his way out with a guitar in hand. He teases hitting both, before he makes his choice and hitting Truth while Jeff is trying to pull himself up in the ropes. Jeff has plausible deniability. He falls down on a dead Truth and wins the belt
***1/4

Jeff is SO happy to finally have achieved his destiny (again, that's Raven's) Mr Wrestling III stands behind him and claps for him... (i had a gif for this moment, but it's been nuked, so here's the full video instead)

"OH, SHIT. ITS VINCE RUSSO"

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: JEFF JARRETT. Since-20/11/02

NWA-TNA PPV#22
November 27th, 2002
TNA ASYLUM

JB opens by saying some nice words about the last year America has gone through, and how they're praying for the troops. Goldy then comes out and BUTCHERS the anthem. Like, again, I'm not American, but i would be very pissed at her for this.

Match#1 The Birdcoes vs Divine Storm w/Trinity
TNA got them back for another PPV, and decided to job them to these fucking twits. Great work. Also, smug cunt thinks Mark and Jay are 18 year old twins. Moron doesn't even watch ROH, clearly showing he's a fake professor. Briscoes do their best to make this interesting and not worthless, and they do a nice job of it. Jay gets beaten by the SCD. A cradle bomb that folds Jay in half.

Tenay says being in TNA has been a highlight of his life (WCW REALLY broke the poor fuck) He says he won't be part of a company that has Vince Russo in it, because he doesn't like what he stands for. QUIT THEN, PLEASE. DW says he doesn't know Russo, so he's staying neutral. DW not jumping off the cliff for this asshole is the best.

TONIGHT: LYNN/AJ. JEFF/RON

Recap of Jeff/Killings.

The next segment will not be recapped for the good of my mental health. You can watch it here for some SHOOTZ BRO.

in the back, Mortimer says some $10 words about managers trying to steal AJ.

Recap of Bruce/Lenny. Like, we need to see more of this homophobic trash,

Match#2 America's Most Wanted vs Hot Shots
AMW's head as elsewhere with everything they've been through, so the Shots are able to dominate them to start. Good stuff from them, and i find myself not hating them anymore. AMW fight back and really kick the hell of them. They have it won, but NC are on the stage and AMW leave the ring to yell at them, and the ref counts them out
**1/4

They grab Bella Donna and drag her back to the ring. Father James begs them not, and Harris actually stops himself and jumps down. Slash and Lee attack them and we get another killer fight. I wish AMW had killed her, but its cool to see Harris back off because she hasn't attacked him yet.

Backstage, Goldy finds Dory Funk blocking Jeff's locker-room door. He won't let her speak to him because he's busy getting ready for Truth. I guess Jeff saying he loves the NWA, got all the old fuckers to love him. Not like he tried to kill Race, or anything.

Match#3 New Church (c) w/Father James & Bella Donna vs BG James & Curt Hennig (NWA-TNA World Tag Team Championships)
Oh, please don't. NC's hot streak hits a brick wall of coke and meth, and it make me sad. Least its not the Nazis is what we need to take away from this. Hennig is again blown up a couple of minutes in, and BG sucks. Just a bad match, AMW eventually run out for the DQ
3/4*

BG and Curt are sad, so they attack AMW. Son of a bitch.

Match#4 EZ Money vs Alex Winters
Bad squash from this dweeb. Highlight is the fans chanting "LETS GO, JOBBER" dead. Cha-Ching does it.
1/2*

TIME FOR SOME SHOOTZ, AS MISS TNA CHANGES HIS NAME TO ANGRY ALAN FUNK. Man, I'm so happy we got to see this.

Match#5 Crimson Dragon vs Sonny Siaki
Hamrick tries his best with Sonny, but he's hampered by awfulness. His cool offence is botched on the other end, so that sucks. Neckbreaker ends it
1/2*

Post match. Sonny cuts a boring promo about demanding title matches. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Backstage, April says words and Goldy is now mad at her for reasons.

Lawler now comes out to the stage with tears in his eyes. He cries and yells about how much he loved her, and eventually says he quits wrestling.

MORE SHOOTZ. Brian walks out of the building with Priscilla, his fathers real life ex.

We follow ALL that bullshit with an awesome AJ highlight video. LOLTNA

We get one for the death metal aficionado.

Match#6 Jerry Lynn (c) vs AJ Styles w/Mortimer Plumbtree (NWA-TNA X-Division Championship)
HATE! they beat the hell out of each other as soon as the bell rings, and its on their best fights yet. Its not pretty to look at, but man does it feel real. They have a great fight on the outside and AJ DDT's Lynn onto the concrete! Lynn gets busted open, and one again uncle Allen is amazing at beating the shit out of someone. Lynn's groggy selling is awesome, and i really think this his best feud ever. HE CATCHES AN ATTEMPTED RANA ON THE OUTSIDE BY SLAMMING AJ'S HEAD INTO THE RAIL. FUCK YEAH, JERRY LYNN. He makes his comeback from there, and we get another killer final few minutes. They hit some of the old notes, and throw in some new cool ones. Mortimer tries to throw AJ some knucks that he's been using throughout the match, but Lynn catches them and knocks AJ loopy to win
***1/4

NEXT WEEK. HARRIS/LEE. STORM/SLASH. JAMES MITCHELL WILL FACE THE WINNERS IN A 3 WAY BULLROPE MATCH. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. RUSSO. LYNN VS SONNY. IF YOU'VE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION YOU KNOW HOW THIS ENDS

Earlier today, Dory Funk did an interview. Standard wrestling legend stuff. Wish it was Terry

Match#7 Jeff Jarrett (c) vs Ron "The Truth" Killings (NWA World Heavyweight Championship)
Some really fun back an forth kicks us off, and we establish that Truth is more focused than ever before. He really belts the hell out of Jeff, and keeps trying to end it as quick as possible before anyone can fuck him again. Jeff fighting back is fantastic He's still not 100% a face as he's willing to do dirty shit, because he's still a bit of a dick who NEEDS the belt, but you can see the slow transition. Truth kicks out of the Stroke, so Jeff exposes the buckle and WE GET AN ASYLUM BRAWL. Jeff using the brawl because he's desperate and not just because, fucking rules. They fight on top of a scaffold and fall off through a table, and the ref counts them out. B.A comes out and restarts it. They fight back in the ring and Jeff kicks out of being dropped on the buckle. Truth bumps the ref when he hits Jeff with the Truth Or Consequences, and fucking Russo comes out and gives Jeff a guitar. Jeff thinks about it, AND HE SMASHES IT ON THE RINGPOST AND THROWS IT ON RUSSO. HELL YEAH, BABYFACE JEFF. Jeff kicks out of a rollup and hits Truth with a Stroke, he nails two more to get the win, all while looking right at Russo.

Russo grabs the mic and demands to know if Jeff is with him or not, but we're out of time folks.

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

NWA-TNA PPV#23
December 4th, 2002
TNA ASYLUM

We start off with the ending of last week, and sadly we didn't find ourselves watching Thunder. Russo got into the ring, and Truth attacked him, AND THEY HAVE A VERY EVEN PULL APART ON THE MAT. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, RUSSO, YOU COCKSMOKE. YOU BOOKED YOURSELF TO BE AS STRONG AS THE TRUTH. GOD, I FUCKING HATE YOU. The Nazis pull Russo off and drag him away.

Oh No, some bagpipes hit and a crazy old fucker who i really don't want to see right now, because i know he's in a terrible place mentally, Waddles out with his one bad hip and his kid. He shoots on Russo, and i just fucking can't.

14 minutes in and i want to die. Wouldn't have TNA any other way.

At ringside, Smug cunt still thinks Jeff is with Russo.

TONIGHT: AJ VS KASH VS RED VS EZ IN AN ELIMINATION MATCH.

Tenay informs us that Lynn hurt his pec, so the title match is next week. CLICK DOOMSDAY.

Match#1 S.A.T vs Divine Storm w/Trinity
Decent little match to kick us off. Nothing remarkable, but fine enough to take my mind off the shit i just watched for you. Also, its very clear they love Trinity and want to push her, so she can become their Lita. So, get ready for that. She's better than DS or Sonny at least, so I'm down. She eventually low blows one of them, and he gets rolled us to give DS the win

Chris Harris comes out for his match, but Russo slides in the ring and grabs the mic. Oh, no. He says he likes Harris (he might given where this goes), but he needs to address Piper. He says using Owen's name to sell a book is going to get him sent to hell. More than he fair. He SHOOTZ on the old men booking the show who only care about getting drunk. He means Jerry Jarrett, who HATES Russo to the point that he'll stop talking to Jeff for a decade as a result. He keeps SHOOTZ, and this shit is hard to recap because he talks a million miles an hour. The Gist is the fans want SEX, and as of now this is the birth of SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT XTREME. He singles out a woman named Athena (there have been planted signs in the crowd since the first show), he brings her in and demands she strip for the crowd. She refuses, so he starts insulting her and drops an actual great bomb for Simon. "I've seen bigger tits on Dusty Rhodes" He calls her an ugly bitch, so she slaps him and Russo attacks her and calls her a whore. STOP THIS RIGHT NOW. The Nazis come out and say words that i will not translate. They join SEX, and now i really want to fucking kill someone.

Backstage, Bullet rips the Nazis apart for being fucking horrible. Legit, he says bad is what their wrestling ability is. They'll be wrestling tonight. FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK.

At ringside, AMW are screaming at Tenay that this is bullshit, Tenay says he knows its bullshit, but they need to fight back. NC make their way out and we get a great brawl before Harris/Lee kicks off

Match#2 Chris Harris w/Storm vs Brian Lee w/NC (Winner advances to a triple threat Bullrope match)
First match in nearly 20 minutes. No WOAT year is complete without TNA. This is great, though. Harris is again amazing as a pissed off face, and Lee is still good. Harris gets his leg worked on for a while, and its pretty fun. Nothing amazing from Lee, just mean stuff you'd expect for a limited guy trying his best. Harris' comeback bangs, fire, etc. He finally attacks Bella when he jumps on the apron! Lee gets a belt from Mitchell, but Harris hits his killer spear to win
**1/4

Backstage, Truth is screaming at B.A that he wants Russo's ass. Bullet says if he teams with Jeff against the Nazis, he'll give him Russo. We cut away before Truth can answer.

Match#3 James Storm w/Harris vs Slash w/NC (Winner advances to a triple threat Bullrope match)
Our friend Slash attacks Storm before the bell rings and really kicks the hell out of Storm. James rules at taking a beating, and Slash is better at dishing it out than Lee, so this is good times. Storm's comeback is great as always, and DW loses his mind over it. Bella gets involved again, and we get a LOT of fuckery that only TNA can give you. Powder shots, impact moves on chairs, and even a belt shot get kicked out of. WAY too much for a match that means nothing. NC distract the ref (who has to turn away after looking right at Storm set Slash up for the DS), and Harris comes off the top and Storm steals it

TNA has been doing a charity auction for breast cancer research over the last two shows, and everyone is being sold for the night. I haven't been talking about it because its 18 years old, but Jerry Lynn comes on the screen and says his first wife passed away from it, which is fucking heartbreaking ( I've got family members who are battling it as we speak). So, i felt i needed to speak about it just so we can remember this awful thing is still killing women and we need to get rid of it.

Backstage, Bullet is with Truth and Jeff. Bullet says he needs Jeff to lead the fight against Russo, but Jeff just sits there with his head down. Truth jumps up and says Jeff better not screw him, so Jeff responds that Truth better be ready for the fight of his life.

The 4 way is about to take place, BUT AJ ATTACKS RED ON THE STAGE AND KILLS HIM WITH THE STYLES CLASH. Red is very dead, and is now being replaced by Joel Maximo

Match#4 AJ Styles w/Mortimer Plumbtree vs Joel Maximo vs Kid Kash vs EZ Money (#1 Contenders DOUBLE Elimination Match)
So, its now the same rules as the first X-Division title match, which threw me for a loop because TNA never actually said that prior to the bell ringing and JB saying it. Fucking kill me, please. AJ is REALLY up against it tonight with this mountain of mediocrity. He does his best from his end, but the other 3 bring it down in their own special way. Kash botches stuff, Joel has no fire to him, and EZ just fucking sucks. Joel beats Kash in a boring opener, and then AJ beats Joel. AJ loses to EZ after carrying the him for nearly 7 minutes, and its the worst. EZ/Kash is not good, and Tenay invoking ECW is heartbreaking. Kash nearly kills himself on a rana, then AJ punches him in the head and EZ rolls him up. AJ beats EZ with the Clash, so now everyone has one loss. AJ carries Joel to the best match of his life, and one that wouldn't crack the top 100 for AJ. Its basic heel/face stuff, but AJ makes it work incredibly well. Joel counters an attempted tilt-a-whirl into a pin, and AJ is gone. FUCK. EZ/Joel is decent for a little while. AJ keeps distracting the ref, and eventually throws a chair at the back of Joel's skull, and EZ hits his finish to win. Horrible

The only thing stopping me from yelling and screaming is knowing that AJ is onto better things.

Tenay says Jeff has agreed to the tag match.

Backstage, Sonny says words. This is the "good" timeline where a Jinder like wrestler wins a title and taints it, but its not THE title, so its not as horrible as it could be.

On the stage, Tenay brings in Jerry Lynn. He says he thought the injury was far worse, but its only a partial tear and he'll be back next week. He puts Sonny over for a bit, and we see at ringside the Nazis beating the crap out of Bill Berhens. Lynn runs down to help but he's got one arm, and is easily murdered and sent through a table. This is getting ZERO reaction btw. Truth runs down and attacks them both, and the crowd comes alive! They brawl into the crowd and Truth is thrown off the balcony through a table.

Backstage, BA is with his BG James. He asks him to put it all aside and team with Jeff against the Nazi, BG says he'll only do it for him.

The bullrope match is next, and Mitchell refuses to do it and sends Belladonna in his place. That's not very nice from our dark lord.

Match#5 Chris Harris vs James Storm vs Belladonna (TRIPLE THREAT BULLROPE MATCH)
AMW don't want to attack her after everything she's pulled, which is noble and dumb. NC run out and we get another fun brawl, and it makes me wish we had cut all the shit and just done another one. Nothing can ever be simple in a Vince Russo booked fed. AMW get the crap kicked out of them for a while, until the refs show up and make them leave. Father James now gets in and attacks the now dead AMW. Actually a lot of fun as he pulls a lot of crazy faces. He grabs the mic and says evil is a bitch, and then puts Bella back in the match. Uh, how can he do that? AMW finally attack her and beat her with the DS.
LOLTNA

NEXT WEEK: AJ VS RED PART 2. LYNN/SONNY FOR THE X CHAMPIONSHIP. JARRETT VS HENNIG (JESUS CHRIST, DON'T)

Tenay interviewed the bloated corpse earlier today. I TOOK BROCK DOWN AT 35,000 FEET. Lots more insane coke ramblings that i don't care to write about.

BG is dead backstage. Hey, I've seen this movie before.

Match#6 Jeff Jarrett vs Nazi Harris Brother
Jeff tasked himself with these two motherfuckers, and i don't know why he keeps doing this. Least he's finally a face. Jeff gets beaten up in a really horrible fashion, and we get a bad asylum brawl. Fuck them, i am not capping it. TNA are confirmed cowards for not bringing in Crush and reforming the D.O.A as the top heel stable. Killings eventually stumbles out and attacks one of them, and Jeff beats the other
WWF GANG WARZ

Jeff leaves the scene and Truth takes the mic, he demands Russo get his ass out here for a fight, but the Nazi attack him again. Russo comes out and makes them keep doing it, BUT BG JAMES RUNS OUT FOR THE SAVE. OH MY GOD, HE SHOCKINGLY TURNS ON A GUY HE'S HATED SINCE HE GOT HERE, AND SIDES WITH A GUY HE'S BEEN BLOWING SINCE HE GOT HERE. WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED SUCH A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS?

WE AREN'T DONE THOUGH, AS PERCY PRINGLE AKA PAUL BEARER MAKES HIS DEBUT BY STANDING ON THE STAGE AND DOING THE HEAD NOD.

Christ, what a terrible fucking episode.

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

NWA-TNA PPV#24
December 11th, 2002
TNA ASYLUM

We open with a recap of the all the SHOOTZ, and the formation of SEX.

Just to keep track: SEX consists of Vince Russo, Ron and Don Harris, and BG James. Four Horseman they ain't. In fact, they're going to need some SERIOUS fire power to save this bullshit.

Match#1 Tony Mamaluke vs Jason Cross
Cross is a decent JJTS CW that can do a better job than fucking EZ Money, or even Mama. Mama attacks the leg and does fine work on it, and Cross sells really well. He does the Cross Fire, which is a shooting star press leg drop! He fucks his leg up on it, and Mama locks in a Boston crab for the win

BG jumps over the rail and drops a guitar onto the announce desk, and says Jeff will need if he wants to keep his belt tonight. The Nazis beat up Mama and Cross, because fuck them? BG says Russo is out looking for new members for SEX, and the army will grow. He SHOOTZ on how he and Russo are the reason DX was such a success. Oh, piss off. Bullet walks out and is sad at his son for breaking his heart. BG says his daddy never did anything for him, but Russo did. Father issues are a serious problem in wrestling, it seems. Truth comes out with a chair and a steel chain around his neck, BAW GAWD, CHAIN MATCH WITH A CHAIR ATTACHED TO THE MIDDLE OF IT. Only Russo could come up with that one. Bullet makes Nazis fight the NC tonight. No, don't do that. BG and Truth brawl, and NC run out and side with Truth, and help fight SEX off. Crowd is dead because NC are evil heels, and Nazis are Nazis. Refs break it up.

TONIGHT: RED/AJ 2. LYNN/SONNY. JARRETT/HENNIG.

Backstage, Jorge is sad about everyone leaving him. Well, maybe if you didn't suck, this wouldn't happen.

Match#2 Kid Kash vs Jorge Estrada
JR would drop a "bowling shoe ugly" on this one. Nothing is pretty, and a lot things are botched or look ugly as sin. Kash hits a hideous looking brainbuster to win.
3/4*

Post match, Kash storms out looking legit pissed off.

Backstage, Scott and Bullet are speaking about Brian. Scott offers to speak some sense into him, and Bullet follows him off the screen.

Match#3 America's Most Wanted vs Divine Storm w/Trinity
AMW are again forced to carry bags of shit. Life is not fair, i swear. DW makes an amazing point that AMW won't overlook Trinity after dealing with Belladonna over the the last few weeks. AMW mostly kick the shit out of them to start and that's good fun, helps that DS are both easy to hate and are willing to take stupid bumps. Harris gets isolated off a shitty forearm, and that's just silly given all the stuff he's been through. Control seg is fine and dandy, and Storm's hot tag rules as always. Shit breaks down and AMW go for the DS, BUT TRINITY WHO HAS MOSTLY BEEN A NON FACTOR ASIDE FROM ONE MOONSAULT AT THE START, SLIDES IT AND LOW BLOWS STORM AND DS GETS THE PIN. MOTHERFUCKER
**1/4

To make this worse, DS are gone in a few weeks, so this is pointless. I hate this fucking company.

Outside, super evil BG is smoking a cancer stick as his brother tries to talk sense into him. Haven't seen someone that evil since the Giant in 1998. Scott talks about growing up watching their daddy and their childhoods, and BG says he paved his own super highway and he's gone.

Recap of AJ murdering Red in the only good thing that happened last week.

Match#4 AJ Styles w/Mortimer Plumbtree vs Amazing Red
Red beats the crap out of AJ and its fucking awesome. He throws himself all over, and there is just SO much fucking fun to watch. AJ of course dies on everything as he and Red are incredible dance partners. Styles catches him off a dive and shoulderbreakers him on the floor, and really fucks Red's day up. He targets the ribs and does some wonderful body shots, and Red's selling and bumping is tremendous. There's some incredible counters out of attempted Code Reds and Styles Clashes, just a stunning display of storytelling. Red takes out Mortimer with a rana and pisses AJ off. He drops Red headfirst onto the step to further fuck him up. He keeps beating the crap out of him, and its one of the best control segs I've seen from AJ. Red's attempted comebacks rules, and AJ really dies off some of them before cutting him off again. One rana in particular from Red was nasty as fuck. AJ goes for the Tap but Red manages to crotch him on top and knocks him silly with a kick to the dome. They fight on top and AJ goes for the Clash, BUT RED COUNTERS INTO A WILD FRANKENSTEINER AND KILLS AJ DEAD TO GET THE 3.
***1/2

Match#5 New Church (c) w/Father James & Belladonna vs Nazi Harris Brothers (NWA-TNA World Tag Team Championships)

D.O.A have exploded baw gawd, King. NC try their best to have the wild brawls they had with AMW, but the Harris brothers fucking suck. They take awful bumps and throw even worse shots. Asylum Brawl happens, and i guess Double J gifted to them. Asshole. Nazis dominate for a while, and in one positive the crowd gets behind NC. Of course, they'll be back to being heels next week so this is dumb, but it still warms my heart. BG runs in and kills Slash with a chair shot and the Nazis win the belts. noooooooooooooooooooooooo. Wait, Percy Pringle III comes out and tells the ref what happened (he's terrifyingly overweight at this point. Like, i am scared for this mans life despite knowing he won't be dead for another 11 years) the ref reverses it and DQ's the Nazis
1/2*

Father James takes the mic and weirdly says Percy should have minded his own business, and says they should kill him. WHY THE FUCK? AMW run out and kill everyone with chair shots and the heels bail. That was fucking horrible.

Hype video for Lynn/Sonny

Match#6 Jerry Lynn vs Sonny Siaki (NWA-TNA X-Division Championship)
We can't run from this any longer, sadly. This idiots push had to lead here, and its making me feel bad for Lynn for being tasked with carrying and putting this twat over. Lynn forces Sonny into the standoff/rollup sequence, and its worse than ever because Sonny botches the hell out of it. This man made something even worse than before, that's incredible. They keep have these awkward moments, and it make the match they had a few months ago look like an all time classic. Sonny's control seg is not good, and again, i feel bad for Jerry Lynn. Tenay makes things worse by reminding me that EZ Money is next in line. KILL ME. Sonny somehow makes the Joe/Punk rail spot look like shit. This man is a terrible pro wrestler, and if not for giving his dying sister a kidney and ending his career in the process, i would hate him even more than i do. Lynn's comeback is whatever, I'm just numb ton everything at this point. Lynn goes to the top and a new woman comes out and pulls his leg down, and Sonny hits a top rope Neckbreaker to win the title.
LOLTNA

The next few months of the X-Division will be a painful ride.

Match#7 Ron "The Truth" Killings vs BG James (Chain with a chair in the middle of it match)
I love chain matches a lot, think its amazing to watch people get beaten with one because i can tell you from experience it hurts like hell. So, having to watch that get bastardised by Russo really fucking hurts. To make things even worse, the chair keeps getting stuck in the chain, so we get lots of moments of them untangling it., Truth at least leaps off and beats the crap out of BG, which is another reason to love him. He beats the shit out of BG and its good fun. Truth is making Russo's insanity work, give this man another title run. There a long awkward fight over the chair in the corner and it sucks to see it happen. This whole thing sucks is the message of the day. Truth hits the Truth or Consequences onto it for the win.
*3/4

Truth goes to attack him further, but Bullet runs and out stops Truth from killing his dipshit son. They have words and BG goes for a chair shot, but Ron moves and Bullet dies. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. BG is sad he killed his daddy.

NEXT WEEK: TENAY INTERVIEWS PERCY. AMW VS NEW CHURCH VS NAZIS. SONNY VS EZ (NO) A TEN MAN X-DIVISION GAUNTLET MATCH. PINFALLS OR SUBMISSIONS ARE LEGAL.

Recap of the Jeff/Hennig feud that i was praying would be forgotten about.

Tenay interviewed Jeff earlier today. He again talks about how being NWA champion is all he ever dreamed of since he was boy, and this is the dream come true. He SHOOTZ on Syxx refusing to work for Russo, and its basically Jeff burying him because he dared to stand up to his boy. He's nearly in tears when speaking about Owen Hart, and says Russo didn't kill him. He talks about Piper's beef with Russo. and none of this matters at all. Tenay says he knows how tight Jeff and Russo are, and he needs to know where he stands. Jeff says he will answer Russo when the time is right.

The bloated corpse comes out in a hoodie and keeps pouring water on his head, and looks like a fucking idiot. I hate Mr Perfect. AWESOME.

Match#8 Jeff Jarrett (c) vs Curt Hennig (NWA World Heavyweight Championship)
Jeff's biggest task thus far, and he does a fine job of making Curt look like he has one ounce of talent anymore. Its all incredibly basic things, but its Jeff's smartest play because he can't trust Hennig not to fuck it up. Curt goes after Jeff's knee and its the simplest thing to work a limb, and he does a good job, aside from again being blown up in a few minutes, It also helps that Jeff' selling is wonderful. His comeback suffers do to Hennig's God awful bumping. I mean, GOD AWFUL. Jeff goes for the guitar on the table after the ref gets bumped, but he thinks better of it. Russo then comes in and smacks Hennig in the head a couple of times, and Jeff gets the win
*3/4

Russo hands Jeff the belt, and they go nose to nose...NEVERMIND THAT SHIT, AJ FUCKING STYLES ATTACKS JEFF AND BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF HIM. THANK YOU GOD. AJ STYLES HAS JOINED THE SEX COMMUNITY.

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
NWA-TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPION: SONNY SIAKI. Since-11/12/02
1f62d.svg

NWA-TNA PPV#25
December 18th, 2002
TNA ASYLUM

LAST SHOW OF THE YEAR. I FUCKING DID IT

We get footage of Jeff being a fighting champion all over the world. He's a better Flair cosplayer than that fucking hack Aldis could ever dream of being.

In the carpark, Hennig storms in looking bloated and mad. He blows Goldy off, and walks out through the crowd and into the ring. He SHOOTZ on Brock again, and i have to wonder if the big fella ever got word about this. Anyway, Curt cries about Russo fucking him over and promises to beat him up. Dude, i think Russo could take you at this point. Russo and the Nazis come out through the crowd and Curt gets him, BUT LOW KI, ELIX SKIPPER AN CHRISTOPHER DANIELS ATTACK HIM FROM BEHIND. ABOUT FUCKING TIME WE GOT TRIPLE X. BG joins commentary and mocks JR, because every man and his dog hates that fucker, or so it seems. Triple X leave the bloated corpse laying, and the Nazis rip the TNA banners off the rails. Russo officially welcomes them to SEX. Russo screams at Tenay, and those two REALLY need to hate fuck already. SEX leaves as people hold Curt back. Fantastic angle.

Backstage, Bullet is about to speak about Russo, but he spots AJ walking past and drags him by the arm and demands answers about last week. Bullet says AJ is not welcome in the lockroom anymore. AJ laughs and asks who said he was with Russo. He was simply doing his talking in the ring last week with Jeff, and he is the cream of the crop AND HE DESERVES TO BE THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION. HUGE Pop from the crowd on that one. He promises to be on Jeff's ass until he gets it. Inject this into my veins right now.

Match#1 Ten Man X-Division Gauntlet (pinfalls or submissions only)
#1 is Jason Cross
#2 is Amazing Red
WE CUT AWAY FROM THIS TO FIND JEFF BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF AJ IN THE HALLWAY. AMAZING BEATING FROM JEFF, AND THIS IS THE BEST THING TNA HAS DONE IN MONTHS. THEY FIGHT OFF INTO THE CARPARK
Tenay says Triple X has been replaced by S.A.T and Ace Steele, because they are refusing to be in this. Sucks for match quality, but i love the story.
Red/Cross is pretty fun, with Cross really standing out with some cool offence
#3 is Tony Mamaluke
He goes after Cross' bad knee after last week.
Mama controls for a while and its fine enough
#4 is Jimmy Rave
He again goes insane with offence because he wants a job. Such a cool dude
#5 is Shark Boy
TOWER OF DOOM HAPPENS
THE EARLY 2000'S ARE WELL AND TRULY HERE
Mortimer storms to the ring and gets on the commentary desk.
He says TNA has held AJ down since day one, and now he doesn't know whats in his head and he's not answering his calls.
#6 is Kid Kash
Mortimer says he wanted to speak to AJ, but Jeff ruined that.
Lots of cool spots are happening in the ring, but its hard to keep track of
#7 is Ace Steel
Mortimer says he's not with Ace anymore
Crazy Steel does some cool stuff, and the fight with Rave rules.
Rave rolls Mama up to get rid of him
GO RAVE
He has a fun fight with Shark Boy, and eats a top rope Stunner and he's gine
#8 is Jose Maximo
Kash beats Shark with his Jay Driller
#9 is Joel Maximo
Lots of stuff is still happening, including Kash throwing chairs at people
#10 is David Young
DY MURDERS EVERYONE
GO DY
THIS FUCKING RULES
He gets rewarded by everyone missing his amazing moonsualt and nearly breaking his legs on the stage
Great work, guys
Dive train breaks out, and no one is touching Red's
They did catch him, which also helps
Everyone keeps going wild, and this is super fun
DY is taken out by the Infra Red after a Super DDT
Ace gets rid of Jose with a top rope DDT
Joel rolls him up in revenge.
Kash hits a sloppy rana to get rid of Joel
Red/Kash rules again
Kash is botchy again, but its still awesome as hell
He hits that disgusting throw off the top rope again, and Red DIES
Cross hits Kash with a top rope rana and Red follows it up with a DDT, and Kash is gone
WE ARE DOWN TO TWO
Corss kills him with a wonderful brainbuster and then "hits" the Cross-Fire
He missed by a mile, but its still enough to pin Red

BAD NEWS. Bullet has added Lynn to the X-Division Championship match.

SEX comes down to ring again, and its time for some SHOOTZ. Russo tries to tell me thousands of people buy the PPV to laugh at the crowd and the show. 5,000 people is not worldwide, you fucking moron. He introduces Triple X. Ki wasn't being booked because he wouldn't commit to a 52 week schedule, and was forced to sit at home until Russo called him and promised him the world. Now, Ki can have as many days off as he likes. Or, he can burn bridges and have no job, either or. Every week for the last 2 years Russo has read about Daniels on the Internet, and he couldn't get booked because TNA wouldn't pay for his plane ticket. Well, now Russo is going to buy Daniels a plane. Russo says he has a soft spit for Elix since WCW, and TNA wouldn't pay him what he was worth. Russo says he'll line his pockets with money, AND GET HIM LAID TWICE A DAY. What a nice man. Russo promises to kick BG out if ever shows compassion again. He also demands the Nazi's win. Fuck you.

He calls Jeff out to the ring, and that awful music hits and our worlds champion comes out to the ring. Jeff demands he shut up and listen to him for a change. He SHOOTZ on Russo's career and how he doesn't belong in the ring, AND HE HATES WRESTLING BECAUSE HE NEVER HAD THE BALLS TO DO IT IN THE RING. He says Russo's been kissing his ass since 93, and when he was in WCW and called Russo for his job back, Jeff was one who protected Vince from Shawn Micheal's killing him. BG and the Nazi's know it be true. This reminds me of the AMAZING Nash shoot where he talked about the Harris Brothers beating the fuck out of Shawn backstage, and then the next day telling Kevin they didn't want to fight the Kliq, but they would stand up for themselves if they came to it. Nash said not to worry about it, and it was forgotten, but the kicker is Nash saying while he would have defended Shawn, he knew he deserved the beating. Jeff says he protected Russo from Goldberg and Steiner, and he would be dead without him. Jeff says he LIVED Russo's version of wrestling for years, and he'll give him credit for that, but 3 weeks ago he crossed the line. He spit on the NWA and his daddy's face,and they wouldn't have this platform if it wasn't for the NWA. Russo asks him where his balls are and says the boys are laughing at him, and Russo is the only one who can get his respect back. He demands to know where he stands, and Jeff says no to this Yankee son of a bitch. SEX attacks him and he does his best to hold them off with chair shots to the skull, but the numbers overwhelm him and he dies. KI dropkicks him in the skull, then the POD, and finally the BME. Russo throws drinks at DW and Tenay, and SEX finally leave.

That was actually really good. Don't worry, its going to fall of a cliff by the end of the night.

Match#2 America's Most Wanted vs Nazi Harris Brothers vs New Church w/Father James & Belladonna
Percy watches on the stage. The scumbags stay out of the way and let the actual good talent go at it, and that great as always. Again, TNA found gold with this feud and then shit on it for reasons beyond you or me. Nazis get in and everything breaks down from there. Fine enough fight for a while, and we get a mini Asylum Brawl. Athena runs in and lows blows the Nazis, AND THE GODDAMN ROAD WARRIORS RUN INTO THE RING AND CLEAN HOUSE ON THE HEELS. SLASH EATS THE DOOMSDAY DEVICE, AND A NAZI GETS SPLASHED BY HAWK. Harris crawls over and gets the 3

WE GO BACKSTAGE, WHERE ANIMAL TELLS GOLDY THAT'S WHAT HE THINKS OF SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT. HAWK SAYS THEY'RE STILL SNAKING ON DANGER, AND THEY'RE STILL DINING ON DEATH, AND RUSSO IS NEXT. Nothing beats a good cocaine fuelled LOD promo

Backstage, Bullet cuts an amazing promo empowering the X-Division to stand up and fight SEX.

Recap of Sonny/Lynn.

Match#3 Sonny Siaki (c) vs Jerry Lynn vs EZ Money (NWA-TNA X-Division Championship)
This is a nightmare scenario anyway you look at it. Lynn has grown on me, and while he still does a ton of things that i hate, he's an actual good wrestler that deserves WAY better than this fucking shit. EZ blows, but that badness is surpassed by Sonny. I've said all I'm going to say about him. I don't even think AJ could save this from the fate it deserves. Lynn does his thing, and the other two fumble fuck around for a while, and Lynn is really handcuffed in what can be done. Things happen for a while and there's no flow to anything. AJ would have fixed that, but he's onto bigger things. Lynn has it won but that woman comes out to distract him, and Sonny hits EZ with the Neckbreaker to win
*3/4

The woman runs over and hugs Russo. OH NO. Russo's CTE ridden brain tells us that he knew Sonny was a star from day one, and he's the best wrestler in the world. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. He says no one his age has more promise than him, not now or ever. He gives him the unnamed woman, and says she has TNA and is what SEX is about. He quotes Tony Montana, because i guess his racist ass thinks Sonny is Cuban? Lynn attacks Sonny and the woman low blows him, which lets Sonny horribly beat him down. Sonny has joined SEX, and the talent ratio between amazing and bad is pushing to the bad side again.

Hey, JB tells me its time for our Street Fight. You know, the one they haven't mentioned all night. LOLTNA

Match#4 Ron "The Truth" Killings vs BG James (Street Fight)
At least now they can finally have a good match without any of Russo's bullshit to ruin it. Truth gets to show off and kick the hell out of this dropkick, and its a lot of fun. Asylum Brawl breaks out and its a good one. Trash cans, chairs and tables are all used. Truth breaks a shovel over BG's skull and he gets that AMAZING Insane look in his eyes, but Triple X attack him and knock him out with a trash can and BG gets the win
**3/4

Bullet comes out and says they're sons of bitches, and he's got S.A.T and Red ready to fight these 3 men RIGHT NOW. Shit is on

Match#5 Triple X vs S.A.T & Amazing Red
This gets 20 minutes and its bloody fantastic. Really a precursor of the famed debut matches of GenNext and The Shield, where this amazing group of talent get all the time in the world to show you how great they are, and they absolutely kill it. Triple X immediately work amazingly well together and they can counteract the family dynamic on the other end. Ki dies on a dive, and the faces beat the piss out of him with some WILD offence. Smooth and brutal stuff from all 3, with Red stealing it with an amazing springboard Dropkick and an Ace Crusher. Daniels eats shit when he tries to help, and the match with Red is killer. Skipper meets the same fate, and this is SUCH a wonderful babyface shine segment. Daniels finally cuts Red off with a Lariat, and they take out and S.A.T, and start beating the crap out of Red, Amazing control seg from the new heel trio, and very few take a better beating than Red. Ki is super mean tonight and anytime he touches Red its hard to watch. Daniels way better suited to being a heel as we know, so he stands out tonight. Skipper is also great as the loudmouth shithead. Red's comebacks are desperate and amazing, and it adds so much to this. Fans scream "GO RED, GO" and he makes the tag. S.A.T go insane with everything they can think of and its ton of fun to watch them. There's one HORRIFIC botch where Daniels gets driven headfirst and his neck bends at a disgusting angle. Other than that, this is wonderful. Red gets the hot tag and goes fucking INSANE! Truly the best tag of his life thus far. The fight with Ki is incredible as always. and its at breakneck speed. DW jumps on the table and SCREAMS for Red. S.A.T and the other two keep fighting on the outside and that's awesome as well. Daniels gets back in and Tenay says he's the legal man, and they have great fight before Ki tags back in. He kills Red over and over again but the kid won't die. Red fights back and the momentum shits are SO well done, and you can never tell when its going to end. S.A.T. are finally taken out and Red is all alone. Ki hits a motherfucker of a Ki Crusher off the top to end it. Holy fuck, that was incredible. Not quite as satisfying as Lynn/AJ. But I'm not fighting anyone who says this is the MOTY. One of the best matches in TNA history.
****1/2

Russo gets in and says we will answer why there are always tables under the ring, because we put them there. AMAZING. They stack them on one and Triple X go for the kill, but Hennig makes the save. Awful fight from him before SEX kill him. OH DEAR GOD, DAVID FLAIR MAKE HIS DEBUT WITH AN AXE AND HE ATTACKS HENNIG. Russo, you fucking dickhead. He puts Hennig in his awful Figure Four, until Jeff makes the save with a chair. He takes out everyone with chair shots, and puts David in the real Figure Four. AJ STYLES RUNS OUT AND ATTACKS JEFF AGAIN. HELL YEAH. He punches the shit out of him and its the best. Triple X splash Jeff through a table, and on the stage

tenor.gif

Never has there been a more fitting wrestling gif than this.

TNA 2002 is finally over. I DID IT.

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
FEUD OF THE YEAR
AJ STYLES VS JERRY LYNN

x720

New award for the forum, but one i think should be part of it because this what wrestling lives and dies on in ring. The answer is incredibly obvious, it held TNA together when things were getting worse and worse by the hour. They built the tag division until AMW were ready, they did the same for the X-Division. They gave us the match of the year, and SO many incredible moments. They ARE TNA in the best ways. I stand firm in my belief that this is the best feud of Jerry Lynn's life. One of AJ's best as well.

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
BEST MATCHES OF TNA 2002 (3 and above)
AJ Styles/Low Ki/Jerry Lynn vs Flying Elvis’ ***(19/6/02)
AJ Styles vs David Young ***(3/7/02)
AJ Styles vs Crimson Dragon vs Jorge Estrada *** (20/11/02)
Ken Shamrock vs MALICE ***(19/6/02 NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP)
X-Division Gauntlet *** (18/12/02)
AJ Styles vs Jerry Lynn ***( FALL COUNT ANYWHERE 21/8/02)
Amazing Red & S.A.T vs Kid Kash, Shark Boy & Slim J *** (14/8/02)
America’s Most Wanted vs S.A.T *** (9/10/02 NWA-TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS)
New Church vs America’s Most Wanted *** (20/11/02 NWA-TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS)
Amazing Red vs Joel Maximo vs Jose Maximo vs Kid Kash vs Elix Skipper *** 23/10/02. (#1 Contenders Elimination Match)
Jerry Lynn vs Sonny Siaki *** (23/10/02)
Ron Killings vs Low Ki *** ( 2/10/02 NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP)
Jeff Jarrett vs Ron Killings ***(27/11/02 NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP)
Jerry Lynn vs AJ Styles *** (2/10/02. NWA-TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP. LADDER MATCH)
AJ Styles vs Kid Kash ***(18/9/02)
Syxx Pac vs AJ Styles *** (16/10/02. NWA-TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP)
Low Ki vs Jerry Lynn vs AJ Styles ***(28/8/02. NWA-TNA X-DIVISON CHAMPIONSHIP. LADDER MATCH)
AJ Styles vs Low-Ki vs Jerry Lynn *** (7/8/02. X-DIVISON CHAMPIONSHIP)
Jerry Lynn vs AJ Styles ***1/4 (27/11/02 NWA-TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHP)
Syxx Pac vs AJ Styles ***1/4 (23/10/02. NWA-TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP. NO DQ)
Low Ki vs Elix Skipper vs Christopher Daniels vs Kid Romeo vs Jerry Lynn vs Tony Mamaluke ***1/4(10/7/02)
AJ Styles vs Low Ki ***1/4(25/9/02)
America’s Most Wanted vs New Church ***1/4 (6/11/02. NWA-TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP)
AJ Styles/Jerry Lynn vs Jimmy Yang & Jorge Estrada ***1/4 (24/7/02 NWA-TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS)
Ron “The Truth” Killings vs Jeff Jarrett ***1/4 ( 20/11/02 NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP)
AJ Styles vs Ace Steel vs Joel Maximo vs Jose Maximo vs Tony Mamaluke vs Syxx Pac ***1/4(NWA-TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP. OPEN CONTRACT)
AJ Styles vs Jerry Lynn ***1/2 (NO DQ 21/8/02)
AJ Styles vs Amazing Red ***1/2 (11/12/02)
AJ Styles vs Jerry Lynn ***1/2 (26/6/02 X- DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS)
AJ Styles vs Low Ki ***3/4(17/7/02 X-DIVISON CHAMPIONSHIP)
America’s Most Wanted vs New Church ***3/4 (13/11/02. NWA-TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS)
AJ Styles vs Amazing Red ***3/4(30/10/02. X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP)
AJ Styles vs Elix Skipper ***3/4 (31/7/02 X-DIVISON CHAMPIONSHIP)
Triple X vs Amazing Red & S.A.T ****1/2(18/12/02)

AJ Styles vs Jerry Lynn ****1/2 (6/1//02 NWA-TNA X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR

Like i said, Jerry and AJ held this down until AMW was ready for the top spot. Once they got it, there was only one way this was going.

ELoLCNFWsAIsFqO

AMERICA'S MOST WANTED-36

Hot Shots-13
AJ Styles/Jerry Lynn 9
New Church-11
Divine Storm-7
S.A.T-7
Jorge Estrada/Sonny Siaki-5
Estrada/Yang-5
Rainbow Express 4
Dupps-4
Lee/Harris-4
The Michael’s 4
The Briscoes 3
Second City Saints-2
Hall/Syxx-2
Lawler/Skipper-2
Rave/Wylde-2
Jarett/Killings-2
Daniels/Skipper-2
York/Matthews-2
Slash/Tempest-2
Slash/Kobain-2
Backseat Boyz-2
Nazi Harris Brothers-2
Siaki/Money-1
Harris/Hudson-1
Team Simon-1
Johnsons-1

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
WRESTLER OF THE YEAR

One of the most obvious winners in wrestling history. There was zero chance of it going any other way. He IS Total Non Stop Action. He is Phenomenal

33u8q3p.jpg

AJ STYLES-78

Jerry Lynn-59
Chris Harris 46
James Storm-42
Low Ki-37
Brian Christopher-32
Amazing Red 33
Joel Maximo-29
Jose Maximo-28
Ron Killings-28
Jeff Jarrett-24