Doctor Who discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah that was my favourite part as well. Made him seem crazy, but serious/passionate again. Yeah the brother segment was terrible, mainly due to the poor acting imo. I liked the zombie cycle as well, but thought it could have been explained more. Pretty sure if I found out I was one of the zombies trying to kill me, I'd want to know more about it.
Get on FIFA you bitch ass punk lover :3

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Here is my review on Saturday's episode:

Firstly, I think it's fucking awesome that they have finally made one of the longest serving and nostalgic villains actually threatening. For too long were the Cybermen just a mockery, as you could outpace them with walking speed. Now they have emphasised on the ability to upgrade themselves, and have special features like incredible speed and some smart tactics. However, yesterdays episode was just too "comical" again for me. Claudia laughing when potentially dying because of like 500 Cybermen just didn't sell it, and I wasn't a big fan of the environment they chose to have this episode in with one of the most famous villains.

Though, this is definitely the best acting I have seen of Matt Smith. I am a huge fan of Matt Smith, but he just has some horrible luck (bad co-actors, and bad writing). He was simply incredible in this episode when he had to portray himself as The Doctor and the Cyber Planner (think it was that) - very good. Overall, this episode was pretty good because of the villain, but it seemed a bit of the waste for a Cyberman episode. Next weeks episode looks amazing though - name of the doctor is revealed! Not sure how I feel about that yet though however.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I havent watched Doctor Who since Tennant left, Is it still any good? Plus has anyone watched the Return Of The Time Lords episodes? They were fucking amazing!

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
It's still good yeah. And yeah those episodes were fucking incredible.
My favourite part was when The Master had The Doctor chained up like a dog and was dancing around and stuff, Ill need to start watching this again

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
My favourite was when The Master teamed with The Doctor to own the Timelords coming through. :)
Im gonna try and get them on DVD again, I had all the episodes and then sold them :(

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
My favorite was when Jesse said "Bitch" :jesse:

Kidding, I'm a prick I know.

Still need to get around to watching this, I'm so bad for saying I'll watch something then just not, just haven't found time but I definitely will try.

STILL haven't watched Safe House, sorry Crayo don't be mad I can't find a decent stream. :downer:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
My favorite was when Jesse said "Bitch" :jesse:

Kidding, I'm a prick I know.

Still need to get around to watching this, I'm so bad for saying I'll watch something then just not, just haven't found time but I definitely will try.

STILL haven't watched Safe House, sorry Crayo don't be mad I can't find a decent stream. :downer:
Fuck you. I watched BB, so watch Doctor Who. And learn to torrent, noob.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Fuck you. I watched BB, so watch Doctor Who. And learn to torrent, noob.
Tbf you said it was awful before. :pity1:

No but I've said I'll watch so much stuff lately, I'm still tryna watch Dexter, this, and another show I can't even remember anymore, I'm such a bad person.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
:harvey:

American TV is usually so much better than British though, I'm trying to pluck up the courage to watch. :okay:

Btw remember my cousin I told you about going to some shindizzle as Jesse? Well I later found out that at the party she made everyone take the "meth" she had, honestly I'm concerned, what the hell have I done to my family?

Yeah they were candy rocks, just cause she's from Boro doesn't automatically mean they were real.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Just watched "The Name of The Doctor" and I'm fucking impressed. There are still annoying plot holes which have been ever common within the new writers. I never knew overcoming The Doctor was as easy as going to his grave and simply rewriting his past. He would have come across many "bad guys" who were willing to die to ruin his existence. I'm not a fan of the way time travel is now possible in dreams, but giving no explanation. That's WWE-like lazy booking to the max. I didn't actually know Matt Smith was leaving, and I'm really sad that he has. Episodes like this are great though as you see the more serious/emotional side of Doctor Who instead of the poorly written attempts of consistent comedy which become very tedious. I'm incredibly thankful that we didn't find out The Doctor's name, as that would have been nothing but an anti-climax. Furthermore, Vastra, Jenny and Strax deserve their own spin-off series; they are simply magnificent to watch.

Matt Smith has come to his own in this season, and if it wasn't for what I call poorly writing, he would be in the same sentence as David Tennant when it comes to potential GOAT doctors. He played the youthful but brave role incredibly well, and when he was serious he was incredible to watch, and he even made comedy work. I'm unsure what to make of the new Doctor being so old, but it makes a pleasant change and change is good. His voice is also awesome. I hope they actually write Matt's death and regeneration and not simply move on with John. I'm actually fascinated by the potential of John's character, as he is the one who "brought shame to The Doctor's name", so they might be heading down a new road with him. Is this the last incarnation of The Doctor though? I hope not. Luckily, with Doctor Who, they can simply rewrite and put in some querky scenes to change any "certainties".

Either way, fantastic episode. Doctor Who has been back on form the last two episodes.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Hasn't Smith said that he is going to play the doctor until at least 2014? I remember a press conf were he said he had signed a contract into 2014.