Doctor Who discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Just watched it and the first thing that struck me was how good is Smith as an emotional actor? Especially when he was in his time stream and was convincing Clara to let him save her, he's been wasted through this series on the whole by being so limited in his range. Anyway I see Hurt and Smith interacting more personally, they'll be the ying to the other's yang. It's obvious Hurt did something Smith found going against the morality of the Dr's name which I'm curious to find out (could it link into the time war somehow?) Also I loved how they showed Clara interacting with previous Doctors going back to the original one (Hartnell was it? To wiki I go. Yeah it was) and each's signature clothing (Ecclestones leather jacket brushing past her in the Timestream as an example) and their voices being heard, it really sold her always being there so well.
Completely agreed on the Smith thing. Also, hasn't it already been revealed? Hurt ditched "The Doctor", he didn't agree with the principles (or as he says did what he had to) and didn't go on to be the guy who makes peace. We don't know why, but that's why Smith didn't like him.

I reckon that Doctor is the one who settled the time war and committed genocide. People forget that the first Doctor was a hunted villain and only called himself "The Doctor" for make up for what he had done, which clashes with Tennant's reign as he says he chose his name as a child when The Master chose his.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how they write in new incarnations for the doctor once he reaches number 13. I don't think they will end doctor who anytime soon so they will find some way around it. The question is how. They could tie it into River sacrificing her rebirths, or with when he brought the eye of time into himself when he regenerated to the 10th. Or they could even use the chameleon arch as a scapegoat if done right.

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Completely agreed on the Smith thing. Also, hasn't it already been revealed? Hurt ditched "The Doctor", he didn't agree with the principles (or as he says did what he had to) and didn't go on to be the guy who makes peace. We don't know why, but that's why Smith didn't like him.

I reckon that Doctor is the one who settled the time war and committed genocide. People forget that the first Doctor was a hunted villain and only called himself "The Doctor" for make up for what he had done, which clashes with Tennant's reign as he says he chose his name as a child when The Master chose his.

He didnt ditch the Doctor per se, what he did made the Doctor (Smith in this case) say that basically he had betrayed the name of the Doctor and he didnt deserve to be called it

Also is his existence the last secret of the Doctor, or what he did the secret, as if it is what he did, then it must be something more than the time war, as the Doctor himself has said that he pretty much wiped out the Time Lords and the Daleks, so if it is something he did by rights it should be worse than wiping out two races

Anyway a good finale and a nice curve ball thrwon at the end from the writers, leaving more questions than answers ready for November, could this Hurt 'Doctor' even be an older version of the Tenant Doctor who was left with Rose on the paralel world ?

Who knows how it all comes together, but must admit i am looking forward to November to see what happens

And as an aside, as it was set on Trezalor, and the question that should never be answered was kinda answered (by River though), does that mean that it's the end of the silence as well, as 'silence will fall', maybe the Hurt Doc is tied up in that somewhere and we may see why the silence were that obsessed with getting rid of the doctor

I dunno the more i consider it, the more questions that spring to mind :damn:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He didn't want to be called Doctor, and didn't go down the route that the others did (being the protector of the universe basically, and standing up for peace). He said he HAD to make that decision, but we don't know why. Whether that is the secret I don't know, I originally thought the secret would have been The Doctor's name.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I stopped watching after David Tennant left because I got bored of it, can anyone give me a recap of the important shit that has happened?

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
I stopped watching after David Tennant left because I got bored of it, can anyone give me a recap of the important shit that has happened?

It's best to watch it yourself, Matt Smith is an awesome Doctor.

Reactions: Crayo

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
It's best to watch it yourself, Matt Smith is an awesome Doctor.
I don't have the time to watch all the seasons sadly, Just starting to watch the 50th anniversary one.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Well that episode is amazing, you'll enjoy it :D
Its already awesome, some hot woman speeding a bike into the tardis hell yeah!

So has anything important actually happened or would it be easy to latch onto the story starting at the 50th anniversary?

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Its already awesome, some hot woman speeding a bike into the tardis hell yeah!

So has anything important actually happened or would it be easy to latch onto the story starting at the 50th anniversary?

Loads happened since Tennant tbh, too much to make a post up of, Demons Run, the wedding, Amy and Rory, Clara, loads of stuff mate

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Hitler in a closet.

The silence

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The latest Who episode was one of my all time favourites. Doctor Who has direction again with Galafray still existing. One of the best directions it could go. It reminds me of the "Bad Wolf" story.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Hey guiz I'm at season 2 :yay: