Disturbing scenes in movies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Just remembered the Gregg Araki flick The Doom Generation. It has some pretty surreal moments throughout the movie but the end is one of those things where you're like WTF?

Not gonna ruin it for those who haven't seen it. It is worth watching though.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Nothing Rob Zombie says is ever to be taken seriously. Also, if you actually saw and liked either Halloween movie by him, you fucking fail at life.

Well whether or not Zombie said it, the quote is still true.

The more you can interact with the character the more real it feels.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I've pretty much become desensitized to horror and gore in movies. I can watch anything and just go "meh". That's not me trying to sound hard or anything that's just what it is. Faces of Fear has some gnarly moments, but only if you look at it as if everything happening is real. That's when you have to suspend disbelief.

Haute Tension, the french version, not the english censored version, is also super disturbing. As well as Jacob's Ladder, Cannibal Holocaust, and Suicide Club (I believe that's the name of it).

Although I will confess, I haven't seen a majority of these other flicks you guys are mentioning. Maybe if somebody can compile a list of movies for me so I can search for them online to enjoy? I feel left out of the gore loop, and I simply have to continue to see something that might rival the creepiness of other things I've seen.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
So I just got finished watching Antichrist. Kinda boring if you ask me. Of course the gruesome animal scenes were pretty shocking, like the self disembowling fox. But the whole thing was very slow and deliberate. I appreciated the fact that there wasn't a predictable SHOCK moment around every corner like you would see in today's horror films, but it wasn't particularly compelling or frightening either. I won't spoil anything, as it should be watched anyway.

Next up, I'll be seeing how I like that "Audition" movie, as that sounds particularly grotesque, but there's better out there than Antichrist.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
It really depends on what type of movie you are interested in. Do you just want blood and gore? Or do you prefer a little plot with your movie? That is the thing with horror movies, it seems like there are very few occasions where the two flow together. Usually one ends up getting sacrificed for the sake of the other. You have to weed through dozens of cheesy, crap films before finding one that is actually decent. Amazingly good horror movies are far and in between. You have to develop a seperate kind of love and appreciation for bad horror movies to be a true horror fan.

Has anyone seen Let the Right One In?

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Did a google search on sickest movies of all time. Found this description:

August Underground- Mordum

A character study in the sick: an amoral, putrid, masturbatory fantasy. Documents extreme deviant sexuality, torture, and murder, while unfolding a classic tale of a man and woman in love. However, the woman cannot give up her other lover, who also happens to be her younger brother. Exploiting the trio of killers and their deviant ways with issues such as child abuse, incest, rape, and their effects on the human psyche, this film will vomit all over you and leave you for dead.

There was also a clip posted on the site, but I just ate. If anyone watches this, let me know how it turns out. I'll claim pussy on this one.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Ok so Pink Flamingos, August Underground and The Audition are on my list.

www.stagevu.com is where I watch most of my movies. Ya gotta download DivX to make it work, but it's a trustworthy program. Been using it for months with no viral trouble whatsoever.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Have you seen the Thai Horror, Art of the Devil? That was pretty disturbing with all of the unbelievable tortures in it.