• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Child murder, rape, mutilation, cannibalism, torture.

What are some movies that involve these types of things that you have seen, and was it in bad taste or essential to the plot?

Last House on the Left: (the remake) Movie had a drawn out rape scene that was disturbing to watch. While the actual event itself was a catalyst to the plot, I think too much time was focused on it for the shock value.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I will get back to this but I want to think on it a bit first. I don't really watch very many movies so I have to really think if there has been anything that I have seen.

The only thing that comes to mind right now is nudity in movies. I have no problems with nudity but I hate it when flicks tend to throw in tits and ass for the sake of having tits and ass. If there is a place for it, fine but most times there isn't. But it's not about what I like. If I don't like it I don't have to watch it.

Nation

I watched a f'd up movie a few days ago. It's a Asian movie called "The Maid". Few movies mess with my head but this one did. The way the movie was filmed made it pretty disturbing. I only caught about a half hour of it.

Another movie is The Hills Have Eyes Remake. In the first like 30 minutes, one of the women gets raped by a freak mutant. It was just brutal. She was helpless. It also had cannibalism but it wasn't that horrific.

Audition is notorious as one of the most disturbing movies of all time. This woman paralyzes some guy first and proceeds to torture him with needles, on his abs and under his eyes. Then she cuts off his foot with a wire saw. In another scene some dead guy crawls out of this bag and starts eating dog food out of the dog's bowl.

Great One

The only thing that comes to mind right now is nudity in movies. I have no problems with nudity but I hate it when flicks tend to throw in tits and ass for the sake of having tits and ass. If there is a place for it, fine but most times there isn't. But it's not about what I like. If I don't like it I don't have to watch it.
Like the beginning of Freddy vs. Jason?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
This is where it gets complicated and we start delving into human behaviours again.

Humans are by nature contradictory and hypocritical. Most try and fight it but I've just learned that it is a part of being a human being and who I am. I love obscenity and I love shock but I like to see myself as a connoisseur on the subject. I like it to be interesting and to have purpose or to be new. Also, tits and ass are boring to me imo. I was thinking and I recalled two films and one musician. Take the movie Irreversable. It featured a rather gratuitous anal rape scene that sincerely disturbed some viewers. Taking it in context though while a very harsh scene it was necessary in conveying the emotion of the film.

On the flip side you have a movie like Pink Flamingoes which was just plain fucking over the top gross. However I enjoyed the movie for two reasons. The first being that watching other people watch that movie is awesome and secondly the film made no bones about what it was doing. It was obscene for the sake of obscene and I can appreciate that honesty.

I also think of Marilyn Manson. I've pretty much always been a huge Manson fan aside from his latest works and yes he relied quite a bit on shock value but it always seemed to me like he had a point and I loved watching people judge a book by its cover as opposed to taking a few minutes to suppress their gut reaction and see what was actually going on.

monkeystyle

Reaction score

Exactly, don't get me wrong she had a nice rack but there was no real narrative purpose to it. Now if you watch Jason X and you see the Crystal Lake holodeck scene there was nudity in that but it served its purpose in parody. As a matter of fact a lot of people hated that installment but it is one of my favourites because it was so damned tongue in cheek it was hilarious.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score

Most slasher movies include nudity for the sake of nudity. That is what makes it pop culture. Seeing a Jason movie without the tits is like a sundae without the cherry on top.

This is where it gets complicated and we start delving into human behaviours again.

Humans are by nature contradictory and hypocritical. Most try and fight it but I've just learned that it is a part of being a human being and who I am. I love obscenity and I love shock but I like to see myself as a connoisseur on the subject. I like it to be interesting and to have purpose or to be new. Also, tits and ass are boring to me imo. I was thinking and I recalled two films and one musician. Take the movie Irreversable. It featured a rather gratuitous anal rape scene that sincerely disturbed some viewers. Taking it in context though while a very harsh scene it was necessary in conveying the emotion of the film.

On the flip side you have a movie like Pink Flamingoes which was just plain fucking over the top gross. However I enjoyed the movie for two reasons. The first being that watching other people watch that movie is awesome and secondly the film made no bones about what it was doing. It was obscene for the sake of obscene and I can appreciate that honesty.

I also think of Marilyn Manson. I've pretty much always been a huge Manson fan aside from his latest works and yes he relied quite a bit on shock value but it always seemed to me like he had a point and I loved watching people judge a book by its cover as opposed to taking a few minutes to suppress their gut reaction and see what was actually going on.

There are varying degrees of obscenity no doubt. I think that shock/horror movies just going for outright outrageousness is similar to all the movies released claiming to be 'based on a true story' You are bound to be left disappointed.

Or there are 2 scenes in America History X that could be considered 'extreme.' The curb stomp and the prison rape scene. Neither of them were absolutely necessary, at least to the degree they were shown, but it served a purpose.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Most slasher movies include nudity for the sake of nudity. That is what makes it pop culture. Seeing a Jason movie without the tits is like a sundae without the cherry on top.

I disagree. My favourite part was part 6 and if I remember correctly there was no nudity at all in that one. But it was literally the quintessential Jason

Or there are 2 scenes in America History X that could be considered 'extreme.' The curb stomp and the prison rape scene. Neither of them were absolutely necessary, at least to the degree they were shown, but it served a purpose.

Still haven't watched that yet.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are any of you guys bothered by the increase of full frontal male nudity in recent films? Many guys I know seem to take it almost personally.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Don't care. It is nothing I haven't seen before and honestly it is about time some equality was shown regarding nudity in movies.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Don't care. It is nothing I haven't seen before and honestly it is about time some equality was shown regarding nudity in movies.

That's what I thought too. I honestly think the big deal about it is that women being nude is so common, often for no reason at all, that it makes the whole male nudity seem that much more taboo to certain people. Penis, ftw!

John

The Kite Runner is somewhat odd.

Basically two friends, One called Amir, The other called Hassan. Hassan was raped by a bully, But amir watched it happen. Then after showing the rape, Hassan walks off with blood trickling down his leg. All this happened in Afghanistan little over 20 years ago, Mega fucked up.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Or that rape scene in Showgirls. (Yes, I have seen it, don't judge me) Brutal rape of the girl leads to Jessie from Saved by the Bell unleashing a beating on that one guy.

I really need to go through my movie collection and bring some obscenity to your guys' life.