Dexter official discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think the whole really good seasons of 1, 2 & 4 plus a decent season 3 was when they had another producer/writer but he left at the end of Season 4 and the rest of it all has been quite miserable.

I did indeed give up on Dexter after season 4, hell I couldn't invest myself to watch season 5 - I've watched the season opening and finales and that's literally it :/.

I wasn't a fan on Season 3. Seasons 1, 2 and 4 were all fantastic though. I had to keep watching as I always wanted to know how it would end, didn't realise the ending would be so weak.

Looking back they could have easily shortened the show to six seasons and it would have had more of an impact.

Reaction score
Just found this while looking up the season 5 ending trying to remember for the life of me what it was, imo - when Debs found out, Season 7 should of been the finale. If Season 5's ending is as pants as I think is it, then move Doomsday Killer to Season 5, Season 6 ends with LaGuerta being shot ans Season 7 Dexter vs Batista.

'Dexter' producers explain finale, defend final season | Inside TV | EW.com

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Season 5 storyline around Quinn getting the former cop to investigate Dexter because he suspects him of killing Rita was fine, just needed more suspicion to build each season rather than someone chasing it and then stopping. Agree that the Doomsday killer in Season 6 would have been better in Season 5 especially with that ending where Deb sees Dexter kill.

Rewatched Season 1 the other week just to remind myself how good this show was to start with. I read the producers explanations but they don't seem to get it. Most fans didn't want to see Dexter open up more they wanted to see a final showdown when he is exposed as who he really is.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The Season 5 storyline around Quinn getting the former cop to investigate Dexter because he suspects him of killing Rita was fine, just needed more suspicion to build each season rather than someone chasing it and then stopping. Agree that the Doomsday killer in Season 6 would have been better in Season 5 especially with that ending where Deb sees Dexter kill.

Rewatched Season 1 the other week just to remind myself how good this show was to start with. I read the producers explanations but they don't seem to get it. Most fans didn't want to see Dexter open up more they wanted to see a final showdown when he is exposed as who he really is.

The biggest mistake I thought was Harrison, and then Dexter becoming more human.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The biggest mistake I thought was Harrison, and then Dexter becoming more human.

Harrison being introduced at all or Dexter actually looking after Harrison?

I always thought that Harrison would go with Cody and Astor to the grandparents, never expected him to look after it for so long. It did seem to distract at times but one benefit was that it caused Jamie Batista to be introduced to the show.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Harrison being introduced at all or Dexter actually looking after Harrison?

I always thought that Harrison would go with Cody and Astor to the grandparents, never expected him to look after it for so long. It did seem to distract at times but one benefit was that it caused Jamie Batista to be introduced to the show.

Him being introduced was fine at first and season 4 was great, but ever since the kid happened, I knew it'd be making Dexter more human which I didn't really care for.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The books do the whole dexter with kids better but get bat shit crazy with other things. If I recall they all stay and in one book he starts to kind of teach them things without telling them what for or why he knows them

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Just a terrible ending. These monster with a soul characters need to get their comeuppance in the end. You can guarantee Walter White wont get away with it, Vic Mackey's life was ruined by the end of The Shield, SAMCRO will be in tatters when SOA ends, Dexter should have been caught/killed. You cant have these characters ride off into the sunset.

Its been touched on but handing Harrison off to a killer with no code just means he'll become a codeless killer himself by the Dexter 'born in blood' mantra.

The whole season was bad though, for a finale season nothing happened. Season 7 was a clusterfuck, then season 8 was empty and ended with a whimper. It is such a shame, the first 4-5 seasons were great, during that time it was one of the greatest shows ever. The last few seasons just got worse and worse though, outstayed its welcome big time.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm coming to terms that Dexter was always a lumberjack and just imagined the whole thing because he was bored of his lumberjacking.

:dexter2: lolumberjack