Daniel Bryan Expected Back By Next January

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
So his neck, shoulder, and elbow are now injured? That really really really really really sucks, like him or not. Best of luck lil' dude, WWE needs you but you need you a heck of a lot more.
Screw my knees, my lower back, my hips or my feet but once the neck hurts you feel like biting it. No lie.
Neck problems are no joke. Imagine a headache that begins at the base of the skull, shoots to below the ear and works its way to the front.
I can only imagine how tough it is on an individual whose daily job it is to lift 200 lbs men and toss them around safely and securely

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
So I saw this story this morning going more into the Tommy John surgery Bryan needs. Sounds like he won't be able to be back by January. In fact, they actually use the words 'out indefinitely'!

http://www.inquisitr.com/1423716/ww...an-needs-tommy-john-surgery-out-indefinitely/

Tommy John Surgery is an entire reconstruction of the UCL and requires most a year to recover from. Some have come back quicker, and keep in mind that most are pitchers. So Bryan may be able to come back sooner than others.

The fact that we are going into September means, however, that even on a fast healing body the UCL would not heal in enough time for him to be back in January. 3 months is too soon to recover from such a surgery. If not fully recovered, he could not get cleared to wrestle as he would risk needing yet another surgery. Keep in mind, wrestling is about NOT intentionally hurting someone in the ring. The person in the ring is your partner, not your enemy. Due to that, he risks not only doing damage to himself but to someone else in the ring and that is a big no-no.

Clearly this is a blow for the WWE, as having Bryan out even longer would not help them. They know he is popular, so it is very doubtful the WWE would release him for being injury prone as his is the first time he has been drastically hurt. The main issue the WWE knew going in was that Bryan was nursing random injuries coming off of 10 years of wrestling from the Independent scene. WWE feared correctly as one surgery led to another, but the cool part is that it seems that the Tommy John Surgery may be the end of it.

So yeah, that kind of sucks, but it sounds like this may be the last step to his recovery at least.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This sucks big time! Hopefully we see you soon, DBry. Just rest and heal and come back better than ever.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Maybe he can stay face forever.
I'd rather not entertain the thought, it's not like he is stuck forever as a face due to charity work like john, there is no reason to keep him forever as a one-dimensional character. But wwe has done weirder things, so...

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I'd rather not entertain the thought, it's not like he is stuck forever as a face due to charity work like john, there is no reason to keep him forever as a one-dimensional character. But wwe has done weirder things, so...
Vince McMahon never turned Hulk Hogan heel and I'm certain he regrets turning Austin heel.
Given this, Vince will be reluctant to turn a character heel particularly when that individual is quite natural at being a face.
I imagine CM Punk kept p*ssing and moaning until VInce had no choice but to shut him up and turn him.
Bryan isn't the type to rip management over minor booking BS, so I can see him remaining face as long as he isn't hurting the Empire financially.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
That actually makes sense, jeez, that's grim, I actually enjoyed Bryan as a douchebag

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well, damn. That sucks. I enjoy Bryan as long as he's on my TV and putting on good matches, but I don't think he can ever be a heel and not get cheered. Heck, even if he was to be ol' angry Hell No D-Bry, the crowd would probably just do the whole "you say no? we chant yes!" thing.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
If you need consultation on how to properly turn heel , consult Chris Jericho.