Daniel Bryan Expected Back By Next January

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
David Shoemaker, author of The Squared Circle: Life, Death and Professional Wrestling, noted on his Twitter that he's heard Daniel Bryan needs Tommy John surgery and will be out at least 3 more months. Shoemaker also is a journalist for Grantland.com and Deadspin.com. He wrote:

"I'm hearing Daniel Bryan needs Tommy John surgery and will be out at least 3 more months."

Tommy John Surgery is a procedure where the ulnar collateral ligament in the medial elbow is replaced with a tendon from somewhere else in the body. The procedure is common among athletes, especially baseball players. It was named after the first baseball player to undergo the surgery, former MLB pitcher Tommy John.

Source

What are your thoughts on this?

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Update on Daniel Bryan:

Bryan, who has been doing rehab on a daily basis, still has almost no strength in his right arm. He was set to undergo elbow surgery on 8/19 as they believed there was a nerve issue that was not allowing him to regain strength but that was postponed and they want to see if they can fix the issue without surgery. Bryan has been told that after surgery, he would probably be able to return in three months.

Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Right in time for the Royal Rumble. However, seeing as how they've already selected Roman Reigns as the guy they want to push next year, I wouldn't be surprised if they postponed Bryan's until after the Rumble. Last thing they want is a similar situation as the one this year where the winner of the Rumble gets shit all over because it isn't who the fans want (I doubt that'd happen to Reigns as it did to Batista, but having Bryan in the match only to have him lose still probably wouldn't do him any favors.)

EDIT: Nvm, already posted.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Update on Daniel Bryan:

Right in time for the Royal Rumble. However, seeing as how they've already selected Roman Reigns as the guy they want to push next year, I wouldn't be surprised if they postponed Bryan's until after the Rumble. Last thing they want is a similar situation as the one this year where the winner of the Rumble gets shit all over because it isn't who the fans want (I doubt that'd happen to Reigns as it did to Batista, but having Bryan in the match only to have him lose still probably wouldn't do him any favors.)
I just made a thread where his doctor said he will need another surgery and would be out for at least 3 months more.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Update on Daniel Bryan:

Ah glad I went back to the post again lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Update on Daniel Bryan:

I doubt they would shit on Reigns winning. The crowd would have gladly accepted Reigns winning this year (even after the DB debacle) but it was just Big Dave they didn't want to see win.

Reactions: Red Rain

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Exactly why do Daniel Bryan fans doubt his success so dearly? He had the push that counted he worked the main event of many PPV's and he worked with one of the longest reigning WWE champions of all time before he joined an extremely over group before he was last eliminated last in a cheap way from the chamber. I remember when some of coolest and most over guys in the WWE never held a title but hey look they're in the hall of fame, and are called some of the greats. If you doubt your "favorite" so much then I doubt he's really your favorite.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I doubt they would shit on Reigns winning. The crowd would have gladly accepted Reigns winning this year (even after the DB debacle) but it was just Big Dave they didn't want to see win.

I agree. You could pretty much tell by the mild reaction that Batista got the night of his comeback alone that the fans just weren't into him anymore, and the fact that he won the Rumble over Bryan only made it worse for him. I doubt they would have shit on Punk winning this year either and the same will likely be true of Reigns next year, but I still wouldn't underestimate how much the roof will blow off with YES chants for when Daniel Bryan returns. He was mega-over when he left, there's no reason to think he won't be just as over (or more so) when he comes back fresh. HHH was the most hated heel in the business when he got injured in 2001, yet look at the reaction he received when he returned not even a year later.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Hope to see Daniel Bryan do something good when he comes back. Miss my bearded boy :goatface:

Just wondering if they're going to put him back in the title picture, or maybe have another feud ready for him when he returns. I know the crowd will still be behind him, but I would prefer him being a face if he's chasing after the title or going into a feud outside of belts. Wouldn't mind a heel turn if he held the world title for a good while either.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
A heel turn doesn't appear to make much sense at this point.
He being jealous regarding the Punk chants could be a reason.
Another possible reason would be a Daniel Bryan delusional storyline.
This would be similar to CM Punk from 2012 where Daniel Bryan is absolutely convinced that he's been forgotten.
The best way to make this pop would be a segment involving Brie. Brie would be starting a 'Yes' chant prior to introducing Bryan.
Once Bryan arrives, his smile and usual demeanor change to doubt and disbelief. It would be slow burn.
Bryan would feel so sorry for himself, that Brie wouldn't be able to snap him out of it. Eventually Bryan will have had enough and turn heel outright.

This storyline would actually be a combination of Punk from 2012 and Savage from 1989 for you history buffs.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So his neck, shoulder, and elbow are now injured? That really really really really really sucks, like him or not. Best of luck lil' dude, WWE needs you but you need you a heck of a lot more.

Reactions: Red Rain