• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The final is now set with Sri Lanka set to take on West Indies. Sri Lanka managed to strangle the Pakistan batsmen on a tough pitch to get through to the final whilst West Indies smashed Australia in all aspects of the game. Australia was lazy in the field and the captaincy was poor, Bailey didn't use his bowlers well at all. The batting was a shambles other than Bailey and West Indies well and truly deserved to win.

Undertaker

Reaction score
West Indies played fantastically yesterday and I'm putting money on them to win. Chris Gayle once again played a fantastic innings and showed a that he could bat through the innings. When he retires he is going to be a massive loss. I didn't watch Australia's innings simply because I knew that with their poor form recently and poor batting lineup they would not win. The question is how much money do I put on the West Indies?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I hope that you put plenty of money on the West Indies because they won easily in the end. It was a great performance by the group and they finally delivered in a big final. Shame that Sri Lanka ended up runners-up again at a big tournament especially at home but West Indies were by far the better team.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Cricinfo said:
Tony Greig, the former England captain, has been diagnosed with a form of lung cancer and will undergo a biopsy later this week to determine at what stage the disease is at and what the required course of action would be.
"I have had a few scrapes in my life and this is another one," Greig told the Sunday Telegraph. "[His wife] Vivian and I are going to put the boxing gloves on and fight this like we've never fought anything before."
Greig, who is currently a well-known television commentator, was initially diagnosed with bronchitis in May. His condition did not improve and tests following the World Twenty20 revealed that he has a lesion on his right lung. On his return to Australia from the tournament, he had "a lot of fluid" drained from the lung, and further testing revealed he had cancer.
Greig said he was unsure if he will be working over the Australian summer, as commentator, with Channel Nine: "At this stage, the summer is totally up in the air. My priority, 100%, is my family. They will come first."

Terrible news. He is practically an Australian having lived here for close to four decades after arriving for World Series Cricket. He is a tough individual so I hope that he can fight this cancer. He is still entertaining to listen to on commentary each summer and it will be sad if he isn't part of it this season but obviously this battle is much more important.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Australia vs. South Africa test series started yesterday. Unfortunately it is only a three test series as South Africa want to host their own Boxing Day test match and there is no way that Australia were going to give that up. Amazingly if Australia win the series they go to number one on the test rankings, that would be odd because I see us as having quite a few weak links especially in the batting. We don't look like the dominant side we used to be.

South Africa started really well on day one getting to 255/2. All the batsmen batted well and punished the Australian bowlers for bowling poor lines and lengths. Siddle also cost the side by getting a wicket from a no ball and then dropping a caught and bowled chance. It was hit back to him quick but he got a good grasp at it but couldn't make it stick. The fast bowlers need to bowl a lot fuller tomorrow if they are going to get them out. This was also the first time that I have ever seen Quiney bowl, I didn't even know that he could bowl. Showed how desperate Clarke was.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well day two was completely rained out but on day three Australia bowled South Africa out for 450. Unfortunately for South Africa JP Duminy was injured during a warm down and he will be out for close to six months so they are a bastman down and are missing a part time spin option which was essential since they left out a spinner.

Australia were struggling in reply at 40/3 but Ed Cowan and Michael Clarke saved the day. Cowan scored 136, his first test century, and he looked at ease at the crease and he was unlucky in the way he got out, backing up too far after Steyn got a deflection. Clarke continues his insane run with the bat scoring his third double century for the year and in just 11 innings this year he has scored over 1000 runs. Australia are 37 runs ahead with six wickets in hand with a day to play. Clarke on 218 not out and Hussey 86 not out will hopefully try to score as quickly as possible tomorrow to try to get a lead of 150+ before lunch and then see what the bowlers can do with the last 60 overs of the day.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Ponting needs to be dropped, Herald Sun reports he is at 24.73% of being dismissed before 20 balls delivered to him since 2010.

That there is a horrible statistic, I'd love to see Finch be brought in or even Kwajaha (Sp?)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ponting needs to be dropped, Herald Sun reports he is at 24.73% of being dismissed before 20 balls delivered to him since 2010.

That there is a horrible statistic, I'd love to see Finch be brought in or even Kwajaha (Sp?)

He scored 544 runs @ 108 against India at the start of the year and is the highest scorer in the Sheffield Shield competition this year. There isn't anyone that has performed better than him this year that deserves his spot.

Australia ended up declaring 115 runs ahead after Hussey also got a hundred. Pattinson got Peterson early and had Amla but he overstepped so it wasn't out, massive opportunity missed. South Africa are 31/1 and unless Australia get some quick wickets it will be a draw.

Undertaker

Reaction score
I'm quite looking forward to seeing how England perform against a revamped Indian side. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it live because I'm up working however I should catch the highlights. If Kevin Pietersen is included in the starting 11 it will be a major boost for England as they have performed poorly recently and have become complacent. It will also be interesting to see who England's other opener will be alongside the skipper Alastair Cook.

Please boys, don't get bowled out for 10.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not looking good for England at the moment. India scored 521/8d and in reply England are 86/6. Swann was the only shining light with the ball and Cook is sticking in there with the bat but isn't getting any support.

In another test Bangladesh are actually holding their own against West Indies. West Indies scored a massive 527/4d but then Bangladesh managed to top that with 556. West Indies were then bowled out for 273 with the debutant Gazi taking six wickets. Now Bangladesh are chasing 245 for a very, very rare test victory.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I went to the opening day of the test yesterday, my first time as a member. Outstanding day of cricket, the weather was perfect with it being warm but not too hot and there was plenty of shade. The atmosphere was still great even though half the stadium is a construction zone and the facilities for members are awesome. The actual play on the field was practically as good as it gets. 5/482 in one day is an insane amount of runs. Warner and Hussey were both excellent but Clarke was simply outstanding. Again he scores a double ton to be the first player ever to score four double centuries in one year. Just another great day at the cricket.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Definitely, I missed out last time they played when Ponting and Clarke both scored double hundreds at Adelaide so I wasn't going to miss it this time.

Good test so far, Australia finished with 550 and in reply bowled South Africa out for 388. Smith scored another captain's century and Kallis showed what a great player he is with a half century on one leg. Du Plessis scored a fifty on debut as well and batted well with Kallis. South Africa haven't had any luck with injuries so far this series. In the first test Duminy was injured on the first day and now here Philander was injured the morning before the first day, Kallis was injured on the first day after taking two wickets and looking like the biggest threat.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Crazy test, came down to the last few overs but Australia couldn't get the two wickets required. Incredible stuff from Faf Du Plessis scoring 78 and 110* on debut to get South Africa that draw. A bit frustrating that with both tests Australia has been in key positions to win but just can't get the job done. Hopefully at Perth Australia can finish the job.

England had a great win against India to level the series earlier today. Panesar and Swann took 19 wickets between them in an outstanding display of spin bowling, I just wonder how England would have gone in the first test if Panesar played as well. Cook led from the front again with his fourth century in his fourth test as captain and Pieterson scored an outstanding 186. It looked like KP was batting on a completely different pitch.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Finally we get a win in India! Thought we were going to get thrashed but just proves we can play spin. Panesar deserves a lot of credit, great bowling from him.