Cricket 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Dhoni is a terrible captain, having India come out to bat for an hour and only scoring 29 runs is one of the dumbest moves I have seen. He should have declared overnight to try to push for a result. As a result of that decision by him England were easily able to play for a draw. Trott and Bell both scored quality hundreds and batted out basically the entire day. First series win for England in India in 27 years so massive achievement by all involved.

Australia are going to have to push for a test win a bowler down yet again after Hilfenhaus was injured in the first innings. Sri Lanka need 393 and are currently 65/2. They should have been three down but Clarke dropped a sitter off Lyon. Unfortunately Clarke is injured as well, pulled a hammy during his 57*. Hopefully he will be fit for Boxing Day because he is currently by far out best player.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Thank the lord this test series in India is over

Quad

Reaction score
Looking forward to the boxing day test, it'll be interesting to see if Clarke's fit or not.

Hi KFC.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Welcome back Quad

I hope that Clarke is fit as well, I am pretty confident that he will play. He can field at slip all day and then his batting has been so good he doesn't really need much foot movement. The extra time in between tests will help him as well.

I am looking forward to seeing which bowlers are picked. Siddle is a given and I assume that Starc would be as well. Johnson and Bird are the two other options and couldn't be more different. Johnson played well at the WACA but he always performs there, at the MCG he has a poor record. On the other hand Bird has been the leading wicket taker in shield cricket this year and last year and has a fantastic MCG record. Johnson is also very similar to Starc and I don't think they work too well together. I want to see Bird get the chance on the back of his fantastic form the past two seasons.

Quad

Reaction score
Haha thanks, just had some spare time and decided to check in. Don't know much about wrestling now a days; but definitely watch the Cricket still!

I'm going to disagree with you in regards to Clarke, though. His footwork at the moment is one of the many facets of his game that sets him apart as the #1 Test Batsmen in the world. Sure he has great co-ordination, timing, eyesight, awareness, anticipation, etc.. but I don't think he'll be at the same level if he can't move his feet perfectly. Nonetheless, I'd prefer him in there slightly injured over a fit Khwadja (no offence to the big Usman :(). Australia needs his captaincy and leadership. Taking the reigns has definitely agreed with him, with two good innings in this test possibly jumping him in front of Ricky Ponting for Most Runs in a calender year by a Australian Test Player. It would be the icing on the cake of a fantastic year for him.

Siddle, Starc and Lyon will be there definitely, and I agree it's looking most likely between Johnson and Bird. Johnson's a personal favorite of mine, but unfortunately he's horrendous at all the grounds that aren't called the WACA. If we're preparing for India and then the Ashes tour, I'd prefer to bring Bird into the mix and get him some game time.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Bring in Finchy!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I still think that Clarke on one leg will be one of our best batsmen, just like Kallis managed to bat beautifully in Adelaide on one leg. He will be at a slightly reduced capacity but is in such good form he will still score runs. I do worry about the captaincy if Clarke isn't there, Watson is struggling big time at the moment and doesn't really need the extra pressure of captaincy on his shoulders. But then again other than Watson there aren't many choices at all, Hussey would be next in line but he captained Australia in ODIs before and we were smashed each game.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
ESPN Cricinfo ‏@ESPNcricinfo
Breaking news: Sachin Tendulkar has announced his retirement from ODIs​

Kind of surprised that he didn't retire from tests as well, his series against Australia in India will be the big decider. He is one of the greatest of all time and just a fantastic ODI player. His record speaks for itself with 18426 runs, 49 centuries, average of 44.83 and a top score of 200*

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Weird decision in the end to rest Starc but it was good seeing Jackson Bird bowl well on debut. All bowlers performed in a great opening day performance to bowl Sri Lanka out for 156. Warner was on fire for his half century but fell for Sri Lanka's trap of two men in the deep on the legside. Hughes runout was stupid, he should have called No right away or just run. At the end of play we are 3/150 so only six runs behind. Fantastic position to be in especially with in form Clarke at the crease.

Quad

Reaction score
End of Day 2 and Clarke notched up another 100 for the year as Watson and Johnson both hit their half centuries.

It seems that Man of the Match could already be given to Johnson as long as he grabs a few wickets in the second innings. Four in the first, including Sangakara puts him in front and if he could get more than 106 tomorrow (KFC knows why) it would be fantasmaglorious.

Unfortunate for Watto as he seems to have that mental barrier preventing him from converting any start into something special. I'd hate to say it, but I don't think batting at second drop works for him. It'll be interesting to see how he battles this over the summer. I'd love for him to go off and get in that form that he was in a couple years ago.

Clarke should finish the year with an average higher than 100 -- the best ever for a year I'm fairly certain. What a captain.

Day 3 tomorrow and all eyes are on Johnson and our bowlers to capitalise.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well that was a very easy win.

Clarke was incredible again, he just can't stop scoring runs and closing the year with the most runs in a calender year by an Australian is well deserved. Watson not being able to convert, again is frustrating, he is a good batter but his mental demons are just too strong. Unfortunately he injured his calf again and will miss the last test. Johnson looked good to get to the ton but just couldn't find enough support, still 92* is a great effort. Sri Lanka in the second innings were just pathetic folding so quickly. Yes they were a couple of batsmen down but still the effort by the guys still there was poor. Johnson broke two players hands this test including Sangakarra who is out for 6-8 weeks now, he found his radar and hopefully he can keep this form up.

For the third test Khawaja is still in the squad as cover for Clarke and Maxwell has been brought in as cover for Watson. I don't think that Maxwell is ready for tests, just a pity that Andrew McDonald is injured as he would have been next in line. If Watson is the only out I would keep it simple and bring back Starc, Wade can bat six and Johnson seven.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Sad news as Tony Greig passed away yesterday after a heart attack. He had been suffering from lung cancer during 2012 and missed his first summer of cricket in decades due to the illness. Fantastic player, was one of the best allrounders of his time and was a good leader for England. Played a huge role in making World Series Cricket successful and due to that was given a job for life with Channel 9 in Australia. He was only 66. RIP.

Mike Hussey also announced his retirement yesterday, he will play the next test against Sri Lanka and he will play the ODIs to follow but that will be it. He stated that he doesn't want to be away from his family for half the year anymore. Had a brilliant career after only getting his shot at the age of 30, averaged over 50 in tests and close to 50 in ODIs. Took over from Bevan as Australia's finisher in ODIs and provided a lot of stability in the test team. Good to see him go out after a productive summer though.

As for his replacement Khawaja will get his test spot since he has already been the backup batsmen for quite some time. In the ODI team, I am biased, but it has to be Ferguson. He averages 42 for Australia in ODIs and was the second highest scorer in the Ryobi Cup last season and is second highest scorer in Shield cricket this year.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good to see Australia send off Hussey with a win in his final test and it was even better that he was out there when the winning runs were hit. Got to love the crowd for the entire test constantly chanting for Hussey, the roar when he was given a bowl yesterday was amazing. Wade did very well with the bat in the first innings, handled the extra responsibility of batting at six well. Wade just really needs to work on his keeping to spinners, cost Lyon two wickets yesterday and has cost him at least half a dozen this summer. Bird was fantastic again in his second test, good seeing another bowler in the McGrath/Clark mold.

ODI squad has been announced and surprisingly Hussey has been left out, selectors claim that they are looking towards the World Cup so don't see any reason to play him. Clarke, Warner and Wade are being rested whilst Watson is still out injured.

Squad: ODI squad George Bailey (capt), Phillip Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Aaron Finch, David Hussey, Brad Haddin (wk), Glenn Maxwell, Steven Smith, Mitchell Johnson, Ben Cutting, Mitchell Starc, Clint McKay, Xavier Doherty

Surprised that Ben cutting got a run because his limited overs form hasn't been that good. Great seeing Finch and Hughes getting rewarded with ODI spots after scoring tons of runs at domestic level. Disappointed that Ferguson was overlooked for Khawaja but maybe later in the series he will get a look in.

Awesome stuff in the Big Bash league before with Warne going off at Marlon Samuels. Earlier in the night Samuels had grabbed David Hussey when he was batting to prevent Hussey running two. Warne just let loose on Samuels after Warne had bowled his first over and started swearing his head off at him before getting in his face. The great thing was that Warne was miked up for the match so we could hear everything. Tensions were high and then the next over things went way over the top when Warne lobbed the ball at Samuels when he stepped out of his crease, Samuels then threw his bat at Warne but luckily missed. Over reaction from Samuels to throw his bat when bowlers/fielders frequently throw the ball at the batsmen when they are out of their crease. Great entertainment for the 46k+ that were at the ground and great to watch on tv.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Good to see Australia send off Hussey with a win in his final test and it was even better that he was out there when the winning runs were hit. Got to love the crowd for the entire test constantly chanting for Hussey, the roar when he was given a bowl yesterday was amazing. Wade did very well with the bat in the first innings, handled the extra responsibility of batting at six well. Wade just really needs to work on his keeping to spinners, cost Lyon two wickets yesterday and has cost him at least half a dozen this summer. Bird was fantastic again in his second test, good seeing another bowler in the McGrath/Clark mold.

ODI squad has been announced and surprisingly Hussey has been left out, selectors claim that they are looking towards the World Cup so don't see any reason to play him. Clarke, Warner and Wade are being rested whilst Watson is still out injured.

Squad: ODI squad George Bailey (capt), Phillip Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Aaron Finch, David Hussey, Brad Haddin (wk), Glenn Maxwell, Steven Smith, Mitchell Johnson, Ben Cutting, Mitchell Starc, Clint McKay, Xavier Doherty

Surprised that Ben cutting got a run because his limited overs form hasn't been that good. Great seeing Finch and Hughes getting rewarded with ODI spots after scoring tons of runs at domestic level. Disappointed that Ferguson was overlooked for Khawaja but maybe later in the series he will get a look in.

Awesome stuff in the Big Bash league before with Warne going off at Marlon Samuels. Earlier in the night Samuels had grabbed David Hussey when he was batting to prevent Hussey running two. Warne just let loose on Samuels after Warne had bowled his first over and started swearing his head off at him before getting in his face. The great thing was that Warne was miked up for the match so we could hear everything. Tensions were high and then the next over things went way over the top when Warne lobbed the ball at Samuels when he stepped out of his crease, Samuels then threw his bat at Warne but luckily missed. Over reaction from Samuels to throw his bat when bowlers/fielders frequently throw the ball at the batsmen when they are out of their crease. Great entertainment for the 46k+ that were at the ground and great to watch on tv.

I was there and laughed so hard, was a great game. Here;s the full video of what went down.

[video=youtube;vW00F3ywpUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vW00F3ywpUk[/video]

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
You would definitely gotten value for money from that game Andrew. Been a pretty good tournament so far, surprised that both Sydney teams have performed so badly especially the Sixers since they won it all last year. Hoping that Adelaide beat Perth tomorrow to book a place in the finals.