Cricket 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like that it all back fired on Dhoni, he asked the curator for a pitch that turns from day one and yet the English spinners did a better job with the conditions. Panesar does a fine job as the second spinner and it wouldn't surprise me to see him used more often when England are on the subcontinent.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Panesar should be used more often now matter where England play. He may not be as consistent as Swann is in the spin department, but he always put's in 110 %/ You can see how much playing for England means to him!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It just depends on the pitch though because England have some great seamers as well. On a greener wicket Broad, Anderson and Finn should all play with Swann.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ricky Ponting announced his retirement today, he will play in the third test against South Africa starting tomorrow and that will be his last test. Good way to go out since he will equal Steve Waugh's record of appearing in 168 tests plus if Australia win this test we go number one in the rankings so plenty of motivation there. He had been on the wane for some time, although he is the third best performing Australian batsman this year, and it is better for him to go out on his terms. Hopefully the team can get behind him to give him the send off a champion like him deserves.

As for his replacement Khawaja and Hughes are the clear front runners with Doolan behind them. I would try Hughes at three and drop Watson to number four. Hughes should also be a lock for the one day team, he averages 50 in the format, and Finch should be in the one day squad as well.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Call me bitter but I enjoyed watching Ponting go out early in the first innings, hopefully it's a repeat in the second innings. Always seemed like a massive twat when he came over to England.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think it is due to the Ashes rivalry. With the South African team I don't mind them at all and I like all of their players. But there are some English players I can't stand and I find most of the Indian team to be a bunch of fools.

Bit pathetic how the Australian team performed this test, especially as it was Ponting's last. Picking a third rank bowling line-up wasn't the best idea, "resting" Siddle and Hilfenhaus for the deciding test was dumb and picking Hastings as the third seamer is baffling. There is no way he is in the top ten seam bowlers in the country and unfortunately he showed it this test. Was quite fun watching Starc and Lyon bat today, biggest partnership for Australia in that test coming from numbers 10 and 11. Starc got the second fastest test 50 by an Australia and managed to top score.

Series against Sri Lanka starts in just over a week. Changes need to be made to the team but I doubt many will. Warner and Cowan have looked good but don't work too well as a partnership. In their first 18 innings together they have had one century stand, after 18 innings together Hayden and Langer had six. Watson is out of form and isn't quite fit, put him at 6 if he plays. Hughes takes number three because he is the best performed batsman in shield cricket and Hussey can go to four until he retires.

Warner
Cowan
Hughes
Hussey
Clarke
Watson
Wade
Siddle
Starc
Hilfenhaus
Lyon

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
We got West Indies next, if we don't beat them then something's wrong because Bangladesh have been flogging them.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah we come up against West Indies in Feb after Sri Lanka. It has been really enjoyable watching Bangladesh actually deliver in the ODIs especially without their captain and greatest ever player Shakib Al Hasan. Sohag Gazi continued on from his great test debut with 7 wickets in his first two ODIs and Anamul Haque scored a century in only his second ODI and he is only 19. West Indies have a good side, especially in the short form it just isn't clicking for them at all at the moment.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He said that this will be his first Christmas with his family for 13 years, he has two young daughters so it was the right time. He is still going to play domestic cricket for a little bit but obviously that has a lot less travel involved.

Now the big question is when Tendulkar retires. With Dravid and now Ponting gone there are very few of the old guard left other than tendulkar, Kallis and Chanderpaul. The last two have been in good form but Sachin has been in terrible for the past couple of years. Ever since he started hunting down that 100th international century he hasn't been in good touch and must be very close to retiring.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Cook gon' Cook.

That is all.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Speaking of Cook, did anyone see his dismissal from this innings? What a way to get out on 190

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Silly way to get out but in the end that was the only way he was going to get out, India just can't figure out how to bowl to him. Still not sure why he didn't ground the bat even when he was trying to avoid the ball. So far he has captained England in five tests and he has scored a century in each of those tests, outstanding record. Plus being ODI captain as well has revived his limited overs career, 33 games as ODI captain for 4 centuries and 10 fifties whereas in 23 games when he wasn't captain he scored 1 century and 3 fifties. The extra responsibility has made him a better player.

Cook, Amla and Clarke are just in a league of their own at the moment, they all can do no wrong.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Australia is facing Sri Lanka in the first test of a three test series, currently stumps on day two and Sri Lanka are 4/87 in reply to Australia's 450/5 declared. Everyone went past fifty for Australia other than Cowan and Watson with Hussey being the only one to get to triple figures. Great seeing Phil Hughes make 86 on his return to the test team, he looked a different batsmen because he actually showed patience and played some leg side shots. Very happy that we took four wickets to close the day, I was hoping for a couple, Lyon getting one on the last over of the day was the perfect finish.

The fourth test between India and England is on right now and India are actually showing some fight. They were 4/71 chasing 330 but a 198 run partnership between Dhoni and Kohli put them back on track. Unfortunatey for India as soon as Kohli got out for a well made century they have had a mini collapse and with Dhoni just run out for 99 they are now 295/7 still 35 runs behind.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Hopefully we polish off the tail and then go onto bat long and secure a draw at minimum to win the series. Can't wait for it to be over, I just hate literally everything about watching us play India.