• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Community

Troy

True it was a bit back and forth but to end the show on a To Be Continued just frustrated me because I invested time watching the show and then it doesn't have a proper ending. I want to know how it was going to be wrapped up.

Tooey

Community has developed into my favorite comedy. I recently started watching the episodes with commentary on and it's so hilarious. In 21 minutes of time, Community takes more chances than most others and they do it well. From Stop Motion to Anime to three brilliant Paintball episodes to Abed as the "chicken mob boss" and so much more.

I'm really enjoying how they're foreshadowing a possible Annie/Abed fling and Britta/Troy. The backstory with Shirely regarding Jeff and fooseball was really nicely done too.

Also...we need more Gillian Jacobs in a leotard.

Troy

I listen to all the commentaries as well. It is great how they do one for each episode, I don't know another show that does that as they normally do half a dozen each season.

Good news today as the NBC Entertainment Chief announced that Community isn't going anywhere but didn't say when it would be back. Good news that season three will certainly finish and now we wait to see if they are given a fourth season. I would think that they would bring it back again, NBC have terrible ratings now so they wouldn't want to annoy more fans.

John McHenry

John McHenry
^They said that at the outset when they first took it off the air. That it was only temporary and that it'd be back.

Tooey

YES! That is fantastic news. Donald Glover also did an interview a while ago for Forbe's "30 under 30" list and mentioned these next 12 epidoes they're filming are excellent. I'll be upset if they don't make it to a fourth season, but I can see Community fans continuing to give the show the "Arrested Development" treatment.

STEVE HOLT!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Fans of Alison Brie, might also want to check her out in Mad Men as Pete Campball's [if you have not already], she was also one of the rare highlights of Scream 4. She has a bright future IMO.

Killswitch

Though I didn't like as many episodes this season, this news/rumor excites me. While it'd be hard to ever top season 2, I hope what's in store for us in the upcoming 12 episodes is great, and rewards the fans for fighting for this show to come back.

Troy

I desperately want them to start showing Season 3 on tv in Australia even if it is only half a season I don't want to wait another six months for the entire season. It feels like it has been a long time since Season 2 was released on DVD here. I have seen a couple of clips from a few episodes and it looks good even if it isn't at the same level as Seasons 1 or 2.

darkharlequin

I only just discovered this show after catching the first paintball ep on Go! Watched the first 2 seasons and loved it. This and parks and Rec are two of the most underrated shows ATM.

Troy

Paintball episode is a great way to be introduced to the series.

Parks and Recreation I only got into last year and I am waiting for Season 3 to be released in Australia on DVD so that I can watch more of it.

Troy

Great news for Community fans! The comedy is returning to NBC’s Thursday night lineup.
The not-so-great news: It’s going right back into 8 p.m. against CBS’ Big Bang Theory.

Community
will return on Thursday, March 15. Then 30 Rock shifts to 8:30 p.m., followed by The Office and Up All Night. Parks & Recreation will come back on April 19 to finish its run after Up All Night concludes its 24 episodes.

NBC was toying with the idea of giving Community a different time slot than opening Thursdays against Big Bang, where it’s struggled in the past. But perhaps after seeing how, say, 30 Rock has fared in the slot recently, they realized Community isn’t the worst option here.

Finally we get a return date for Community and it isn't too far away. Slightly frustrated that NBC have placed it opposite Big Bang Theory yet again because there is no way it will become a ratings hit against that show. But at least they have realised that any show, even 30 Rock, struggles against that show and so they should continue with Community. I just want a fourth season confirmed and then I will be over the moon.

John McHenry

John McHenry
I think a fourth and final season would be good. I mean they made what should have been a show about a two year community college into 3 years and each season is a year so next year they should be graduating for a second time really. Though it'd be kind of funny if they didn't mention graduating until like 5 episodes from the end or something like it hadn't dawned on them.

Troy

Isn't this meant to be a four year course for them? I am sure that Jeff says it near the end of Season 1 that he can't do Spanish in the second year because he wants to finish his course in four years flat so that he can get back to being a lawyer. Maybe I am just thinking in Australian terms since most degrees here are four years.