Cody Rhodes...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Love Cody Rhodes. Don't know why they weighed him down with Theodore Useless again though :/ People used to call Rhodes CAWdy. Ted's the true fucking CAW.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Funny how there was such a turn of events. When he was with Ted DiBiase, it was pretty much all about Ted and I really thought that when they split, Cody would just fade away and Ted would still be the big star. Now, it's basically 'who the fuck is Ted DiBiase jr. and what has he done lately?' Cody Rhodes blew right up and I love this guy. Didn't really like him a whole lot before when he was with Ted and I actually liked Ted a lot. Now, I can't even stand watching Ted whenever he wrestles.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Funny how there was such a turn of events. When he was with Ted DiBiase, it was pretty much all about Ted and I really thought that when they split, Cody would just fade away and Ted would still be the big star. Now, it's basically 'who the fuck is Ted DiBiase jr. and what has he done lately?' Cody Rhodes blew right up and I love this guy. Didn't really like him a whole lot before when he was with Ted and I actually liked Ted a lot. Now, I can't even stand watching Ted whenever he wrestles.

I am basically with you on this. Throughout the entire Legacy run I thought that Cody was the weak link and after the split Ted would be the one all over the internet discussions as a potential star; especially after the teased split in mid-09 where Ted was the one in all of the one on one exchanges with Orton. I never saw much in Cody, at one time I saw future world champ in Ted. Now quite honestly I have no idea how or why Ted stil has a job... Other than that DiBiase name that is.

Axis

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much longer this gimmick can run it's course. I still enjoy it, but it's completely a midcard act. I do not buy Cody Rhodes putting a paper bag on Randy Orton's head and proclaiming himself #1 contender.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^Lil Jimmy was a midcard and I thought his program with Cena, though short, was entertaining. I could easily see Cody's approach as "You don't deserve to be the face of WWE" then puts a bag over his head. I also just want to see Cody go after Orton for the promos. Also, I read somewhere that they are "trying to recreate the dynamic of Alex Riley and The Miz with Cody and Ted". They want to turn Ted face against Cody. Wow, a complete rip off of a storyline thats not even over yet. Why can't they sideline Ted for a few months and give a completely new look and new original gimmick. As far as I see it, he has one more change to make it in this business and right now, I rather watch white paint dry than watch him in the ring.

Axis

Reaction score
If they're going to have Ted turn face, it should probably be after a program with Orton. I can't buy into Cody challenging Orton yet, but I could maybe buy into Cody challenging Orton with Ted at his side, especially with the history there. Even if it was just for the one PPV after Summerslam. I wish Chris Benoit was around to make Cody do Hindu squats. Well, I wish he was around for several reasons, but that is one minor one.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, but fuck turning him face until he gets a complete overhaul. Have Ted accidentally cost Cody the match against Orton at the PPV then have Cody turn on him on the next SD and send Ted away for a good month. Then bring him back surprisingly with a new character and a new attitude and have him in a legit feud with Cody. At least people would care if they shape Teddy right.

seX-Power

Reaction score
cody doesn't need to be in the ME when he'll only get squashed anyway. have him win the midcard title off zeke and make him look legit and then elevate him later.

X-SPADE

Reaction score
They should break his face for real, all I'm saying.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
I like the direction of his character, but I still think it can use a few more tweaks.

Firstly, he needs a mouth piece. He can talk on the mic for sure, but his voice is just too whiny for me to take seriously. Maybe he can just say a few lines per promo and leave the rest for his dad or somebody else telling us how pitiful he is.

Secondly, his character needs to be integrated more into his moveset. He doesn't carry off that demented persona in the ring enough in my opinion.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
.....You must not watch any of his matches. I totally see his character in his ring work. And what mouthpiece do you give a guy who can sweet promos consistently? What is he Shelton Benjamin?

phantomgerald

Reaction score
.....You must not watch any of his matches. I totally see his character in his ring work. And what mouthpiece do you give a guy who can sweet promos consistently? What is he Shelton Benjamin?

He's got to add more of a maniacal style to his moveset, add a little of that slow psychotic style similar to Randy Orton and take more of his time toying with the opponent. Right now, without the gimmick his moveset can still be interpreted into any other heel.

And like I said, I have no issue with his mic skills but his found is too whiny to be taken seriously, but that's just my opinion.

seX-Power

Reaction score
please don't get him to be more like randy orton. please please please. dont drag him down to ortons level.