Cody Rhodes...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
...is incredible.

I've said this time and time again but, it's amazing to me that he ended up where everyone would presume Ted to have been while Ted ended up near where everyone thought Cody would have been had Cody not been released. Sorry for the extreme comparison, I don't mean to say he's going to be anything close, just, it's the most specific example... Cody appears to be the Shawn Michaels of the Rockers whereas Ted may be the Marty Janetty.

The "Dashing" character was perfect, and he really made a name for himself... but this "Everyone is looking at me" insecure Cody is amazing. I know, I know... it was just JTG and all... but to have Cody be dominant... they really sold this guy as a possible future great.

I don't want to jump the gun and predict him to be one of the greatest World Heavyweight/WWE Champions of all time, but I honestly believe he's making a case for that future. There aren't many characters you see this kind of effort and work put into... Cody's mannerisms have been on point, and his mic-work is getting a whole helluva lot better.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I'm sure if they allow his father Dusty to work with him which kinda seems as maybe they will, creatively his father can really help build his character grow into something that the fans would love him or hate him sort of thing.
it's a win/win either way.

noumenon

Reaction score
I don't think it's too much of a stretch. The guy is probably the most promising young star on the roster right now and the only one of that whole influx of second generation stars who actually lived up to the hype. He took one of the most over done gimmicks of all time, the conceited pretty boy and turned it into something completely unique and fresh. He seamlessly transformed the character once again for this whole Rey feud. He's doing an absolutely incredible job... both he and Miz are probably the two biggest beacons of hope in the company. A title reign for Cody by mid to late 2011 is by no means far fetched.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I just love the way he'll randomly stop himself and start to curl up with his hand trying to cover his face from one section of the crowd like one fan said something about it, lol. The psychology of this character is as good as it gets. I really hope this pays off for Cody, the kid is showing an incredible charisma that I honestly thought he didn't have prior to the "Dashing" character. And I really hope they put him over Mysterio... not necessarily at Mania (but he needs a good showing), but a couple months down the line. It would really cement him with the fans.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I like what he's doing character wise, but I could take it or leave it for now. He's a nice addition to SD for now, and hopefully he will continue to grow but I don't find myself tuning into SD to see CAWdy.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^He's so far from generic it's not even worth noting he appeared that way before.

noumenon

Reaction score
It should definitely be noted, it shows what amazing progression he's made. And I'd honestly be shocked if he didn't go over Rey at Mania.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I meant, it's not right to say it like he's still generic... sorry, should have been more specific.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Eh, I don't agree. Other than his recent "Dont look at me stuff" which is the best thing he's ever done, BY FAR, the rest of his character has been the generic cocky model character. The only other thing that made him stand out to me was the mirror thing he did/still does. Other than that, he still works a match with a pretty bland style. The only high moments are when he actually plays into his character. The moves are unimpressive but he can sell like a mother, something I've always loved abot him.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
When Cody was in Legacy I despised him. Everything about him pissed me off. I actually (like many others) thought that Ted Jr was going to be the breakout star of Legacy. After Cody was punted at Mania I honestly had a feeling he was going to be demoted to Superstars with the Primo's and Chris Masters' of the world. Then, he was drafted to Smackdown, which I cant say I cared about to begin with. But once his "Dashing" Cody Rhodes character was born I instantly became interested, I have heard come pseudo-Goldust comparisons, which I dont see tbh, but he took the character and ran with it. It shows some of that (cliche phrase) Rhodes charisma that I never knew he had. He during the summer was easily the most entertaining character on Smackdown next to Punk's SES (which got kind of stale). I have high hopes for Cody, I dont know if he will go over Rey at Mania, but I think he should. He could use that momentum to hopefully MITB in the summer and a late 2011 title run on Smackdown (because I dont see him being a champion on RAW).

KenFan4life

Reaction score
...is incredible.

I don't want to jump the gun and predict him to be one of the greatest World Heavyweight/WWE Champions of all time, but I honestly believe he's making a case for that future. There aren't many characters you see this kind of effort and work put into... Cody's mannerisms have been on point, and his mic-work is getting a whole helluva lot better.

......AWESOME!

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Meh, he's done some fun things, but he's hardly done anything new with his model gimmick. I hate it, honestly. And he's a good wrestler too, it was just all way too cheesy for me. His new character twist is a solid improvement. I wish he'd drop all of these stupid camp segments and adopt a more serious gimmick, which he's planting the seeds for currently. When that happens he could be a real breakout star, and a better wrestler than they usually push.

1chiban

Reaction score
I disagree, I loved the camp grooming segments. Made him seem like such a complete a-hole so did the trick. They were also pretty humorous, which always helps.

Not that his current character twist isn't good either. I have a feeling he might beat Mysterio at 'Mania.