CM Punk Punching A Fan Discussion Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Ok so I gave myself a day or two to think about this before posting. I love CM Punk and think he is the second best wrestler in the wwe (Behind DB) but what is vince to do now? Punk is always bitchin about not being the top guy and how his face isn't on cups/ice cream bars. Well here in lies the problem punk. You will NEVER be the face of the WWE and the actions you took monday night prove my point. Whether or not they were warranted is irrelevant, you just don't hit fans. I can almost with 100% certainty say John Cena would never strike a fan even if provoked. I know the security was bad and all of that junk but come on punk. I just don't want to hear him bitch about not being the top guy in the wwe when he goes around hitting fans. The face of the franchise is supposed to set a good example for the wwe. That is negative attention which is not needed and until he learns how to not be such an asshole he will always be Johns right hand man. Also if he doesn't start to shape up, he will soon be passed by the ziggler/bryans of the world. If this was the first time he has had altercations with the fans i may have given him a pass but he has on many occasions insulted fans(even when he was a face) and had to apologize for his comments.

Reactions: Big Hoss Rambler

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Laura Cole revealed in a local news report in the Sacramento area that Charles Schmidt, the wrestling fan who was attacked by CM Punk during Monday’s Raw, is considering hiring an attorney for a possible lawsuit following the incident.

The news report noted that local police are not following up on the incident because at the time the police report was filed, Schmidt said he did not want to press charges. Tuesday, Cole reached out to Schmidt, who noted he is considering a suit.

Schmidt said in a post-Raw interview that he did not touch Punk before Punk struck him, was “a little upset with Punk,” and was mainly “just shocked about how his night of entertainment ended with him getting smacked on live TV.”

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
If the guy sues Punk, he's suing the wrong party. Punk is not at fault for the incident (yes, I'm aware he took actions in response to actions that were taken against him, but a "heat of the moment" argument would stand up in court here and would most likely be seen as justification for Punk's response). The agency ultimately at fault (and the reason for the butt-covering press releases) is the WWE and their security team (or the contractors they hired to work security, whichever).

Had security done its job properly, no fan would have been able to touch Punk, much less shove him and hit him in the back and back of the head repeatedly. Should Punk have responded the way he did? No, he shouldn't have. Can I understand why he reacted the way he did? Yes, I can. If you've ever been struck in the performance of your regular job duties, you can understand his reaction, whether or not you agree with it.

For all of those deriding Punk over this matter, I want you to take a job where you have to work in a stressful situation with heightened hormones and other outside stimulants, where you are dealing in a high pressure situation, then let's see you get hit while you're just doing your job. I have a feeling you might change your tune about all the hatred I'm reading here. It's not like you have to work as a pro wrestler. Go to work as a bouncer at a bar. Go to work as a teacher in an inner-city high school. Get punched while breaking up a fight and tell me you don't understand why he would react that way. It's very easy to sit here, where I'm not getting shoved or punched, and say, "That asshole Punk! He should be fired! I now hate him!". But I refuse to do that. He screwed up. He's admitted it and he's apologized for it.

Oh, and to those saying Cena wouldn't do it? Put Cena in an identical situation and I have a feeling you might find that you're wrong. I'm just sayin'.

wk

Reactions: Rysenberg

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Don't know if I'm the only one who sees it, but right before the guy puts on his sunglasses he pats Punk on top of his head.. I think it was the boiling point for Punk who just was doing his job there. After being hit and pushed, (which is a pretty bad move to do, because if he can't hold his balance, he could fall down a long way down the stairs) you can get to a point where it just gets too much, even for a professional entertainer.

So to sum it up, the guy got what he deserved after giving Punk a pat on the head without any reason.
No need for a lawsuit or anything, because he started the whole thingy..

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
Don't know if I'm the only one who sees it, but right before the guy puts on his sunglasses he pats Punk on top of his head.. I think it was the boiling point for Punk who just was doing his job there. After being hit and pushed, (which is a pretty bad move to do, because if he can't hold his balance, he could fall down a long way down the stairs) you can get to a point where it just gets too much, even for a professional entertainer.

So to sum it up, the guy got what he deserved after giving Punk a pat on the head without any reason.
No need for a lawsuit or anything, because he started the whole thingy..

@[Jose Tortilla] The guy who got punched didn't really touch Punk. It was the guy behind the guy who got punched, he snuck up and punched Punk in the kidnyes and then snuck back again, letting the guy who got hit take the fall.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
@[Jose Tortilla] The guy who got punched didn't really touch Punk. It was the guy behind the guy who got punched, he snuck up and punched Punk in the kidnyes and then snuck back again, letting the guy who got hit take the fall.

Now I see it, but also, right before Punk got up there, the dude gave some sort of push/jab. Then holding his hands up like it wasn't him.

arianna

The Showoff
Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
Now I see it, but also, right before Punk got up there, the dude gave some sort of push/jab. Then holding his hands up like it wasn't him.

Wait @[Jose Tortilla] I saw the dude beside him. Not the guy who punched him in the whatever he punched him at.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Wacokid27 said:
If the guy sues Punk, he's suing the wrong party. Punk is not at fault for the incident (yes, I'm aware he took actions in response to actions that were taken against him, but a "heat of the moment" argument would stand up in court here and would most likely be seen as justification for Punk's response). The agency ultimately at fault (and the reason for the butt-covering press releases) is the WWE and their security team (or the contractors they hired to work security, whichever).

Had security done its job properly, no fan would have been able to touch Punk, much less shove him and hit him in the back and back of the head repeatedly. Should Punk have responded the way he did? No, he shouldn't have. Can I understand why he reacted the way he did? Yes, I can. If you've ever been struck in the performance of your regular job duties, you can understand his reaction, whether or not you agree with it.

For all of those deriding Punk over this matter, I want you to take a job where you have to work in a stressful situation with heightened hormones and other outside stimulants, where you are dealing in a high pressure situation, then let's see you get hit while you're just doing your job. I have a feeling you might change your tune about all the hatred I'm reading here. It's not like you have to work as a pro wrestler. Go to work as a bouncer at a bar. Go to work as a teacher in an inner-city high school. Get punched while breaking up a fight and tell me you don't understand why he would react that way. It's very easy to sit here, where I'm not getting shoved or punched, and say, "That asshole Punk! He should be fired! I now hate him!". But I refuse to do that. He screwed up. He's admitted it and he's apologized for it.

Oh, and to those saying Cena wouldn't do it? Put Cena in an identical situation and I have a feeling you might find that you're wrong. I'm just sayin'.

wk

Although I agree, I highly doubt Cena would turn and punch someone in the face twice.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
JohnCenaFan said:
Wait @[Jose Tortilla] I saw the dude beside him. Not the guy who punched him in the whatever he punched him at.

Not really getting it, buddy.

Could you detail your post a little?

Reactions: arianna

arianna

The Showoff
Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
Not really getting it, buddy.

Could you detail your post a little?

@[Jose Tortilla] Okay. When they showed the video of Punk punching a fan, y'all said that another guy punched him. I didn't see it. I only saw the guy put on his glasses, I didn't see the part when a fan punched Punk.
I hope that's more detailed.