*CLOSED ATM* The EWR Challenge! (S1 - WWE 2016)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you want a Season Two of the EWR Challenge centred around a different scenario?

• No - I want to keep going with this save for longer than that!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I don't know if I'll be able to do this for a while. I've got a lot going on with school at the moment, and I can't have too many projects until I get my schedule figured out.
And then there was two. Shit. Anyone wanna pull a swerve and join The Cole Masters? :p

You were a good soldier Crithu, One of the best on this team.

8CLyL1d.gif

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Obviously life stuff comes first so get yourself sorted and come back when you're ready. And keep us updated/hang around Reag style as best as you can. :)
Yeah i'm burnt out from EWR plus the older saves are a pain because they want to much money... and I can't seem to load the file, so i'll be giving it a miss tae a think.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Well goddamn. The difficult second album, huh. Idk about you guys who have difficulty loading the file, you just replace the DATA folder in your game with the one on the DL, it all worked fine when we first did WWE.

Other than that, I know you guys want this challenge to still be a thing as much as I do so I want your suggestions if you have a minute as to what I can do to keep it going. I 102% don't blame anyone who's not gonna be involved at all (other than @The ReagMaster, he sux :p) because IRL stuff should always come first and shouldn't suffer from something like this, fun as it is. But, I doubt it'll survive long with just myself, Mike and Sonic (especially as I'm about to go into my exam year, and Sonic is new). As much as every forum-based game or challenge inevitably dies from inactivity at some point, my thinking is that maybe if I closed this for a couple of months and then restarted with a new thread this would give people time to get real life affairs in order, get re-excited for EWR and improve the quality and longevity of the challenge. That's my thinking, or maybe you guys think that that wouldn't make a difference or would cause people not to come back - I don't know, I need you guys' thoughts.

What do you want from the challenge? Would a sabbatical help you get back into it, do you think it would help others? Do you have any other ideas for the challenge - is the old school update the problem (would Rise of Honor etc be a better choice in your opinion)? Please give your thoughts, guys, cos they're very needed. <3

@Crithu
@AfricanScatMahn
@Mike Thunder
@Declandimi
@TheKingSonic
@The ReagMaster

Declandimi1

Jobber
Reaction score
When I click on the game it comes up that the Stable.Dat file is not found, and makes me exit the game.

Some people here may have not watch the MNW, so it may be difficult for them to get into it.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
When I click on the game it comes up that the Stable.Dat file is not found, and makes me exit the game.

Some people here may have not watch the MNW, so it may be difficult for them to get into it.
I had this issue too (maybe @AfricanScatMahn had the same), you just make a blank notepad and save it in that foler as stable.dat, then it works :)

I can very much see this tbh but I went with WCW for the competition element we didn't have in season one, maybe Rise of Honor would be easier for people to get into because it has modern people?

Declandimi1

Jobber
Reaction score
I had this issue too (maybe @AfricanScatMahn had the same), you just make a blank notepad and save it in that foler as stable.dat, then it works :)

I can very much see this tbh but I went with WCW for the competition element we didn't have in season one, maybe Rise of Honor would be easier for people to get into because it has modern people?

I'm not really a windows guy, mind telling me how to do all of it?

ROH would be pretty fun, but I also like the idea of MNW. How many people have pulled out so far? (I haven't yet)

Declandimi1

Jobber
Reaction score

Got it working, thanks for telling me about the notepad. Would have never known how. Thanks! Is it by Wednesday or Saturday?

Reactions: Geek773

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well goddamn. The difficult second album, huh. Idk about you guys who have difficulty loading the file, you just replace the DATA folder in your game with the one on the DL, it all worked fine when we first did WWE.

Other than that, I know you guys want this challenge to still be a thing as much as I do so I want your suggestions if you have a minute as to what I can do to keep it going. I 102% don't blame anyone who's not gonna be involved at all (other than @The ReagMaster, he sux :p) because IRL stuff should always come first and shouldn't suffer from something like this, fun as it is. But, I doubt it'll survive long with just myself, Mike and Sonic (especially as I'm about to go into my exam year, and Sonic is new). As much as every forum-based game or challenge inevitably dies from inactivity at some point, my thinking is that maybe if I closed this for a couple of months and then restarted with a new thread this would give people time to get real life affairs in order, get re-excited for EWR and improve the quality and longevity of the challenge. That's my thinking, or maybe you guys think that that wouldn't make a difference or would cause people not to come back - I don't know, I need you guys' thoughts.

What do you want from the challenge? Would a sabbatical help you get back into it, do you think it would help others? Do you have any other ideas for the challenge - is the old school update the problem (would Rise of Honor etc be a better choice in your opinion)? Please give your thoughts, guys, cos they're very needed. <3

@Crithu
@AfricanScatMahn
@Mike Thunder
@Declandimi
@TheKingSonic
@The ReagMaster
I don't think I'll have time to keep doing this (school sucks).

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

@Crithu
@AfricanScatMahn
@Mike Thunder
@Declandimi
@TheKingSonic
@The ReagMaster
It's really up to you guys who are still in it, but I think a break would have been best. Give people time to recharge and settle in to the school year.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think I'll have time to keep doing this (school sucks).
And then there were three. Thanks for being around since day one and being cool Mikey, come back if you get chance. :)

I genuinely think a break would be the best idea so that's what I'm going to do. This will be post number 821 in this thread which is crazy - thanks to all of you guys for being part of season one of the challenge and helping me (along with everyone else involved) enjoy this game together and have a fun competition. When I start this back up it will be in a new thread and in two or three weeks' time. I will tag all of you there and make sure to sign back up if you enjoyed Season One and have the IRL time to do so.

When I do set it back up I'll redo the scenario poll so that we can decide whether this scenario is really what we want to be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.