Classic Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

This is just one of those matches. It was an amazing story, being told. Kerry finally winning the title during that great Flair run in Texas and was just an awesome way to honor David Von Erich. WCCW was up there with AWA as the best wrestling at the time. The crowd absolutely loves him.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

This is just one of those matches. It was an amazing story, being told. Kerry finally winning the title during that great Flair run in Texas and was just an awesome way to honor David Von Erich. WCCW was up there with AWA as the best wrestling at the time. The crowd absolutely loves him.

I always enjoyed that one too and they handled the feud perfectly. Kerry got his win and his story, and Flair, as always, came out undamaged due to putting on such an excellent match.

I was never really a Kerry fan, so I was happy Ric got the belt back quickly. But even so, I wasn't upset with the loss because of how well it was done. Very enjoyable.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Brian Pillman vs. Lex Luger is one of my favorite Pillman matches and my most favorite Luger match, next to Lex Luger vs. Hollywood Hogan in 1997. This match is the perfect example of David vs. Goliath. It's like Taka vs. Triple H, but it means something and it's been built up. It's the underdog face vs. the prima donna heel, in a match where it's basically 100-0 in favor of Pillman, in terms of the crowd. This is one of my most favorite WCW/NWA shows as well. Very well done and a great PPV series.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I really don't want this thread to die so here I revive it with one of my favorite moments in wrestling history.

Here is a classic match up between "Pretty Boy" Bobby Heenan and "Cowboy" Bob Ellis in the old WWA. Bobby was always just great and no one played the coward better than he did.