• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Did some research. That was the beginning of Severn's record breaking reign. He held the NWA title for 4 years.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Did some research. That was the beginning of Severn's record breaking reign. He held the NWA title for 4 years.

I remember that. He really helped keep that belt from dying after what Shane Douglas did to it.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Not a WWE/American match. But it certainly is a classic and one of the greatest of all time. Also it turns 22 years old today.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Pretty great stuff.
I'm fairly certain Tsar made this thread for classic American wrestling. Only reason I postecKawada/Misawa was because it is the 22 year anniversary.

Wanna post puro, please use the general puro thread unless OP says different

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain Tsar made this thread for classic American wrestling. Only reason I postecKawada/Misawa was because it is the 22 year anniversary.

Wanna post puro, please use the general puro thread unless OP says different

In that case, the OP and the thread title should simply state 'Classic American Wrestling'

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

An insanely entertaining show. Amazing crowd.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

@Jacob Fox - You ever seen this War Games? The best ever, imo. I've seen almost every single one except the first few, and this one knocks it out of the park. Following the story that had been brewing up till this point, in addition to an amazing crowd and a star studded cast just makes this amazing. The griminess and blood is a great touch, and I laughed when Austin was purposely rubbing his head over every yellow turnbuckle padding. The already nasty mat was covered in blood, Sting's tights were covered in blood, Dustin's trunks were covered in blood and just blood everywhere.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Stopspot

Reaction score
With Paul Ellering being back and all

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

@Jacob Fox - You ever seen this War Games? The best ever, imo. I've seen almost every single one except the first few, and this one knocks it out of the park. Following the story that had been brewing up till this point, in addition to an amazing crowd and a star studded cast just makes this amazing. The griminess and blood is a great touch, and I laughed when Austin was purposely rubbing his head over every yellow turnbuckle padding. The already nasty mat was covered in blood, Sting's tights were covered in blood, Dustin's trunks were covered in blood and just blood everywhere.

Oh yeah! I've seen it but it's been YEARS. I think I'll watch it again right now. Thanks for posting it and I agree. This was around the time I became a Steve Austin fan for the first time. I know I am in the VAST minority, but my favorite work from Austin will always be his heel work in WCW. After Flair, he was easily my favorite around this time.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Steve Austin as a prima donna heel was amazing. His heel WCW run was miles better than his 2001 heel run. I think his original heel run as Stone Cold was the best.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Watching Bret Hart vs Roddy Piper at Wrestlemania VIII. Back then, Piper was the only wrestler that could compete with Ric Flair as best in my mind. Weird looking back on it, though.

I know a lot of people look at the early 90s as being a lull period, but I remember it very fondly.

That match also includes one of my favorite announcer exchanges of all time:

Bobby Heenan: I remember when I was champion, Monsoon.
Gorilla Monsoon: Champion of what?
Bobby Heenan: Of my neighborhood.

Last edited: