Christmas Thread 2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I am fine with it being a tradition for people. Everyone has their own holiday traditions but the movie came out in July. The whole Die Hard is a Christmas film started like not even 10 years ago. I think people just like to argue about it. I just have to make sure I win this one because it is Reag I am arguing with.
It's A Wonderful Life, a well known Christmas movie, was released in January. Does that mean it isn't a Christmas movie?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It's A Wonderful Life, a well known Christmas movie, was released in January. Does that mean it isn't a Christmas movie?
I don't consider that a Christmas movie simply because it is about an angel teaching a man a lesson. It happens to be around Christmas time. It could have taken place another time of the year and still worked but again, Christmas was chosen because it is a universal holiday most people celebrate.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I don't consider that a Christmas movie simply because it is about an angel teaching a man a lesson. It happens to be around Christmas time. It could have taken place another time of the year and still worked but again, Christmas was chosen because it is a universal holiday most people celebrate.
...I'm out...good luck Reag

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
...I'm out...good luck Reag
giphy.gif

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
So @Seth disagrees that it's a Christmas movie, and @Solid Snake disagrees that it's good (despite the fact that I bet neither of you have ever actually watched it :p). All is right in the world again, yay!

• Haha

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
So @Seth disagrees that it's a Christmas movie, and @Solid Snake disagrees that it's good (despite the fact that I bet neither of you have ever actually watched it :p). All is right in the world again, yay!
I never will see it. That movie doesn't exist to me. Something that doesn't exist can't be anything related to Christmas.

• Wow
Reactions: Jeffry Mason

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
What about Jingle All the Way?
It is a Christmas film.

Here is where I draw the line on movies...

If it falls under a different category better, then it can't be. Jingle All The Way relies on it being tagged a Christmas movie. Die Hard is an action film that doesn't need to be thrown into the Christmas movie category. If you do put it there, it devalues it. Bruce Willis is in the darn film and it is considered an action classic (yes I never watched it but I am aware of the ratings).

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Also, the entire basis of Jingle All The Way is a mockery of Christmas holiday shopping.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
I never will see it. That movie doesn't exist to me. Something that doesn't exist can't be anything related to Christmas.
:really:

I don't know why you won't consider even watching it. Unironically one of the best Christmas movies ever made. The other one Miz was in prior to this, Christmas Bounty, was also decent (though the ending really brought it down for me).

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
:really:

I don't know why you won't consider even watching it. Unironically one of the best Christmas movies ever made. The other one Miz was in prior to this, Christmas Bounty, was also decent (though the ending really brought it down for me).
I am not really into Christmas movies. I mean the one I like the most and don't mind watching every year is Elf. That is probably the only Christmas movie I still enjoy, as stupid as it is.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Nah, I have seen it
I am not really into Christmas movies. I mean the one I like the most and don't mind watching every year is Elf. That is probably the only Christmas movie I still enjoy, as stupid as it is.
Elf...really...smh

What about A Nightmare Before Christmas?

• Haha