Christian not re-signing?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
You're so full of shit right now it's unbelievable. And I really don't have anything to dislike about you other than your blatant bullshit about Punk.

You say Punk isn't a TV draw, but the viewership rise reports per segment had Punk at 6th behind Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Vickie Guerrero and Stephanie McMahon. On the viewership report, it was noted that Vickie's rises were usually at the very beginning of Smackdown (when people are tuning in) and also from the Mexican audience. Brock Lesnar is going to pop ratings regardless, because 9x outta 10, he's kicking someone's ass and people just want to see that. Steph is going to grab viewers regardless, because, well, Steph. Triple H came in at 7 BEHIND Punk with almost 500,000 less viewers................ and Trips comes out with Steph most of the time.

So how is Punk not drawing on TV? And again, I say this when Punk is (by WWE's own admission) getting the cold spot of every show. You know, the spot they forfeit to the fact that they'll LOSE viewers... and Punk actually gains them in that spot. It's the spot they didn't put John in because they didn't want him to lose viewers and have it reflect on him the way it does on Punk by bullshitters like you who assume the hourly rating = the segment rating.

PPV argument = BS and you know why but I'll refresh your memory. Damn near every PPV Punk "headlined" featured 3+ matches which weren't made for the card until Smackdown 2 days prior or 30 minutes before the PPV actually kicked off. When fans don't know what the card is, they're not going to buy the damn PPV. "TLC spiked ratings" ... you know why? YOU KNOW WHY! It's a gimmick PPV where train wrecks will happen. Who doesn't want to see that? We also got two badass 3-on-1 handicap matches that people really wanted to see (considering the biggest spikes Bray Wyatt got since moving up was in his feud with Punk/Bryan and the biggest spikes The Shield got in recent months (up to that point) was feuding with Punk/Bryan).

And where are the segment ratings with Dave's numbers? Let's see them. Batista isn't gaining viewers. Hell, I'll use a microsample of Twitter where I know for a fact that viewers turn the channel to Love and Hip Hop rather than watch Dave. Admittedly, he does bring back a particular audience, and I'm not doubting he does get gains... but they aren't the biggest gains and they aren't the most viewed segments, I'm sure of that.

Its just become fashionable to say that because Punk didn't become the big star everyone thought he might than he isn't a draw. People like to go to extremes.

BreakTheWalls

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
Christian is still having very good matches. A bit injury-prone? Sure. Floundering? Yes. I think he just needs direction. You can't imagine how much you're going to like something until it happens. I think Christian is more versatile than they're giving him credit for. If they were willing to go out on a limb and try something new, he might surprise everyone. I don't know what that thing is. You can't know. Who the hell looked at Bradshaw from the APA and said, "If you cut his hair, dyed it blonde, and made him a tycoon, he could have a very long run with the World Title." No one, that's who. Christian still has value as an in-ring performer, and the charisma to make a new direction work.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Shhhhheit Psych said one thing, but Noone reads here.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Christian is still having very good matches. A bit injury-prone? Sure. Floundering? Yes. I think he just needs direction. You can't imagine how much you're going to like something until it happens. I think Christian is more versatile than they're giving him credit for. If they were willing to go out on a limb and try something new, he might surprise everyone. I don't know what that thing is. You can't know. Who the hell looked at Bradshaw from the APA and said, "If you cut his hair, dyed it blonde, and made him a tycoon, he could have a very long run with the World Title." No one, that's who. Christian still has value as an in-ring performer, and the charisma to make a new direction work.
Christian isn't big and an ass kicker like JBL. Hell for some odd reason Christian is yellow now to make matters worse. I thought it was a bad broadcast but he's fucking yellow even on Hulu. His role as a weekly work horse has passed him by and he's never been this great talker who captivates a wwe audience with the stick

Reactions: Deezy

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Christian isn't big and an ass kicker like JBL. Hell for some odd reason Christian is yellow now to make matters worse. I thought it was a bad broadcast but he's fucking yellow even on Hulu. His role as a weekly work horse has passed him by and he's never been this great talker who captivates a wwe audience with the stick

I don't think the problem has ever been his promo style. For me he is or at least has been excellent on the mic, it is just that he lacks the overall look and cutting edge than a full-time headliner needs. Some of that is down to booking too, surely you would be honest that your guy Batista is awful on the mic. My point is part of the booker's job is to expand on strengths and negate weaknesses.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Batista talks.....people listen so yah good on the mic.

Christian talks Noone remembers fact.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ No they don't. Not denieing that the guy is over, but its not because of his promos.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Talked his way into a bunch of movies....so yah can talk.

Kissing babies, hugging fat girls means he can promo.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Talked his way into a bunch of movies....so yah can talk.

Kissing babies, hugging fat girls means he can promo.

Did it? News to me. His film career is going no where that is partly why he is back in WWE.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Did it? News to me. His film career is going no where that is partly why he is back in WWE.
Guardians of the Galaxy, a Riddick movie and a bunch down the pike. Google before you say dumb shit.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Gonna' be in that Marvel movie that no one actually cares about this summer. But it's Marvel so he's gonna be making the big bucks, so your point is wrong.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Actually, I know a lot of people who are going crazy about Guardians of the Galaxy, and not just in my comic book circles, the indy horror shows I go to monthly are crazy about James Gunn since he did Terror Firmer for Troma.

Was Koko B. Ware selling seats the same way Hogan was? Hell no, but he is still considered one of the top stars of that era, and over beyond belief. Same goes for Christian, or whatever name you want to throw in there that doesn't draw the same as another guy. I for one will always remember Kazoo Themesongs!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh shit I forgot this thread was about Christian, seeing as this was turned into "fuck Batista" flamefest because Christian is leaving and people are saying "not a big loss. And yet not a single fuck was given about him since 2011, because that's the last time he did anythng of merit.

He was just a midcarder, and he did some good stuff, but let's not overrate him just because he might leave. He leaves, guess what? A younger guy takes his spot, all these guys leaving is just another opputunity for others.

Reactions: The Cork

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
People keep saying a younger guy will take Christian's spot... but what spot has Christian had the last 3 years? The one on his couch? He hasn't been there. He returns for a night or two and gets hurt and he's out for another year until he walks out for a quick appearance with Johnny Ace and then disappears again.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
SAIYANS spot on yet again.

I have seen a lot of fat smarks in Punks merch though, so I guess he was sort of a draw. Nobody listened to him talk or watchef him wrassle though.

Christian is over the hill and not over one bit. He's been coming out to crickets and tumbleweed ever since TNA pretended he was a big name. WWE probably only signed him to induct Edge in the HOF.