Christian not re-signing?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dash

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't like CM Punk at all, but to even suggest that two years of 45 year old Batista is better than CM Punk, or anything that CM Punk has done in all of his years at WWE is beyond ridiculous.

I like Batista, he's always been one of my favourite wrestlers, but I don't agree with him coming back from nowhere and taking the victory in a royal rumble that could have been used to elevate a new star. The same goes for him taking the main event spot at Wrestlemania. There's a reason that he gets booed out of the arena whenever he's on television, he doesn't deserve to be in the spot where he was, and you would think that he more than anyone else would consider the fact that he's stealing the spotlight from someone who's actually worked their asses off the past couple of years for the company and deserves the main event spot.

That being said, I don't agree with Punk leaving because of it, the man has done enough, he's had the longest WWE Championship reign in recent memory, he's won MITB twice, he has gone toe to toe with some of the best of the best, including facing Undertaker at Mania. He shouldn't be bitching about not being the main event of a wrestlemania to the point that he quits the business altogether.

Same goes for Del Rio. The guy has been in every World Heavyweight Championship match at every PPV of 2013, except for TLC. For him to bitch and moan about being fed to Batista after the year he's had is ridiculous.

As for Christian, his leave from the company doesn't surprise me, it isn't like he was in Punk or Del Rio's shoes, and I wish him the best with his wife and his child.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Not true his 2011 feud with Orton was one of the hottest of that year. I agree that it might be time for him to call it a day or at least work a reduced scedule, but to say he hasn't offered much for such a long time just isn't true.
He literally walked into the Orton feud off guess what? An injury. He got it solely because edge asked for him to be there and he was hurt basically real quick after ecw folded, got handed that, got hurt, came back, got hurt, and in a week of coming back already has a black eye and isn't getting a huge pop at all. He likely is a higher salary guy you don't need to keep

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sorry, I don't like CM Punk at all, but to even suggest that two years of 45 year old Batista is better than CM Punk, or anything that CM Punk has done in all of his years at WWE is beyond ridiculous.

I like Batista, he's always been one of my favourite wrestlers, but I don't agree with him coming back from nowhere and taking the victory in a royal rumble that could have been used to elevate a new star. The same goes for him taking the main event spot at Wrestlemania. There's a reason that he gets booed out of the arena whenever he's on television, he doesn't deserve to be in the spot where he was, and you would think that he more than anyone else would consider the fact that he's stealing the spotlight from someone who's actually worked their asses off the past couple of years for the company and deserves the main event spot.

That being said, I don't agree with Punk leaving because of it, the man has done enough, he's had the longest WWE Championship reign in recent memory, he's won MITB twice, he has gone toe to toe with some of the best of the best, including facing Undertaker at Mania. He shouldn't be bitching about not being the main event of a wrestlemania to the point that he quits the business altogether.

Same goes for Del Rio. The guy has been in every World Heavyweight Championship match at every PPV of 2013, except for TLC. For him to bitch and moan about being fed to Batista after the year he's had is ridiculous.

As for Christian, his leave from the company doesn't surprise me, it isn't like he was in Punk or Del Rio's shoes, and I wish him the best with his wife and his child.
Reality Batista has been the highest rated thing on every episode since his return. Fact Batsita drew for years. He was their biggest overseas draw in 08. He worked more dates than anyone from 07-08 beating Cena out by two events. He's always sold house show tickets, he has always sold ppvs, and he's never walked out.

Punk really has nothing as a draw that you point to besides merch. He's not a TV draw, Miz blew him away there feuding with Jerry the King Lawler for gods sake. He wasn't a ppv pusher. He's not a house show attraction as Ortons tour with Cena out still outdrew the Punk and Bryan tours. Moving merch alone is great but really and truly had Rey not got hurt he could do what Punk does but better as he's the number 3 merch guy while being hurt for two years basically. Jeff Hardy was doing just that and actually popping ratings for the blue brand and house show attendance. Punk has been out drawn by every part timer, Cena, Orton, and the returning Dave. He's been gone now for weeks and viewership is higher on both brands without him, shows still are selling out, and the company is still making money hand over fist off his gear while not having to pay him a dime.

I get what you're saying, but Punk really had no beef. If he could spike a rating, move house show tickets, etc he would have been in that spot is my point. And I really don't grasp his bitching, he was getting Triple H at mania. The guy is one of the companies biggest draws historically. He is a top rating guy still on the roster. At mania he's put over guys better than anyone when its good for business, and I just don't get it short of him thinking trips would give him the W even without a contract extension which is just silly, as Trips should go over if he was leaving, solely so Bryan could stop trips a full year later where he initially screwed him over.

ADR to me screams AAA is coming to America and he can back to a style he loves the most and probably put on a mask again.

Christian to me is a guy who has other uses, but he stays way too hurt to be pushed as a wrestler, and it's not a Rey situation where there is a payoff for him to stay out there competing or them to keep him around on screen in a wrestling capacity. He would make an excellent NXT trainer, announcer for sd, network host for a talk show. He can't keep up with the wwe schedule and he can't even handle the RVD 90 straight hards days of work and then rest thing, so he should either be transitioned, retire, or move to a place like JJ or TNA where the schedule is one match a week

Reactions: Dash

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
*Yawn*

Who cares about business, Christian is fun; people enjoy him, so people will miss him, there's a time for business and there's time just to accept their's enjoyable characters who people like.

I haven't been fussed about Christian since The Orton feud, but people still dig him so he's doing something right for people to still support him but waah, he doesn't bring in the ratings like Dave so he bad? Bitch please, get over it.

I like Hayabusa but he was near where as big as the over J-Weights or the likes of Misawa but that doesn't mean I couldn't enjoy his insanity and matches; same applies with the likes of Christian and Kofi Kingston.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Well said and besides who cares why Christian got the Orton feud, the fact is he was a star player throughout and it would not have been the same without him.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It could have been better since the Orton feud is a result of edge being forced into medical retirement. That doesn't happen and edge is working, the feud is better as he is, was, and always will be the better everything than Christian.

And no he really isnt that over. Go watch the Orton SD match entrances, theres a shortage of anyone giving a duck on camera for him. Go watch him début on raw from ECW when it closed and he was announced as the new signed, no pop. Go watch him walk out on ECW, crickets. He's only been over in pairings where he was always the lesser star with Edge, Jericho, DDP, and Trish or that sort stretch where he leeched off edges retiring. He's not someone an arena is popping for, not someone viewers tune in and watch, he's one of the biggest losers on the year and killed ecw holding the strap. Hes a very good, not great worker and talker who doesn't have a pot belly or man tits like Regal, yet stays injured all the time, a less Dick like role player which Hardcore Holly was at this stage.

Christian was a wasted acquisition to bring back since they never cashed in on a run with Edge. He really was, but he was smart to return as its better to be a WWE midcard act than tna midcard act which he was when they signed actual name talent. He never was even good enough to win the tna title for gods sake whenn the real fish came in. In fact he never won the tna title period. Least he got a good nest egg

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Didn't know Christian was Satan

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Bro Christian hasn't been a solid hand you can depend on weekly since ECW folded. He's stayed hurt. His best use would be agent, announcer, trainer like Tensai and Regal.

As for that first comparison. Daves a different level of star. Punk leaving hadn't even been greatly noticed or hurt them, just like his stay at top was solely beneficial from merch sales. He's replaceable

As for ADR and Sheamus, both may be nice but hey it leaves room for other guys who just as easily are former world champs that likely won't win it again but have resume credibility for some feuds ... Miz, Rey, Show, Kane when he ditches the suit. ADR isn't a spring chicken himself
jesus. It hasn't been greatly noticed or hurt them? They're losing a top guy out of nowhere during their biggest season and it's more than noticeable. It's all over anything they do from the fans and there are chants and signs at every show they have done for the past two or so weeks, and I believe they're going to have more than a tough time in Chi-town for RAW in three weeks. WWE seem to be getting upset about the attention he is getting by confiscating signs about him and getting the wrestlers to take shots at him whilst off air and at house shows trying to tone it down. They're trying to make it less noticeable by literally excluding him from everything, even Orton's entrance video.

Last edited:

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
You know Orton and Batista suck when a 7 year old and a 12 year old are watching the past Raw on an iphone going, "these two are boring!" "yeah, I don't like them."

Made me chuckle.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Saying Christian isn't or wasn't over is a bit like saying heels can't be over. What he was at his best was a good old school heel, who knew how to wind fans up, but in an entertaining way. He was never a top draw maybe, but during that Orton feud he was perfection and the fans responded because of it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Trying to tarnish the Christian/Orton feud too :banderas:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Other than punk I see them as easily replaced.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Reality Batista has been the highest rated thing on every episode since his return. Fact Batsita drew for years. He was their biggest overseas draw in 08. He worked more dates than anyone from 07-08 beating Cena out by two events. He's always sold house show tickets, he has always sold ppvs, and he's never walked out.

Punk really has nothing as a draw that you point to besides merch. He's not a TV draw, Miz blew him away there feuding with Jerry the King Lawler for gods sake. He wasn't a ppv pusher. He's not a house show attraction as Ortons tour with Cena out still outdrew the Punk and Bryan tours. Moving merch alone is great but really and truly had Rey not got hurt he could do what Punk does but better as he's the number 3 merch guy while being hurt for two years basically. Jeff Hardy was doing just that and actually popping ratings for the blue brand and house show attendance. Punk has been out drawn by every part timer, Cena, Orton, and the returning Dave. He's been gone now for weeks and viewership is higher on both brands without him, shows still are selling out, and the company is still making money hand over fist off his gear while not having to pay him a dime.

I get what you're saying, but Punk really had no beef. If he could spike a rating, move house show tickets, etc he would have been in that spot is my point. And I really don't grasp his bitching, he was getting Triple H at mania. The guy is one of the companies biggest draws historically. He is a top rating guy still on the roster. At mania he's put over guys better than anyone when its good for business, and I just don't get it of him thinking trips would give him the W even without a contract extension which is just silly, as Trips should go over if he was leaving, solely so Bryan could stop trips a full year later where he initially screwed him over.
You're so full of shit right now it's unbelievable. And I really don't have anything to dislike about you other than your blatant bullshit about Punk.

You say Punk isn't a TV draw, but the viewership rise reports per segment had Punk at 6th behind Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Vickie Guerrero and Stephanie McMahon. On the viewership report, it was noted that Vickie's rises were usually at the very beginning of Smackdown (when people are tuning in) and also from the Mexican audience. Brock Lesnar is going to pop ratings regardless, because 9x outta 10, he's kicking someone's ass and people just want to see that. Steph is going to grab viewers regardless, because, well, Steph. Triple H came in at 7 BEHIND Punk with almost 500,000 less viewers................ and Trips comes out with Steph most of the time.

So how is Punk not drawing on TV? And again, I say this when Punk is (by WWE's own admission) getting the cold spot of every show. You know, the spot they forfeit to the fact that they'll LOSE viewers... and Punk actually gains them in that spot. It's the spot they didn't put John in because they didn't want him to lose viewers and have it reflect on him the way it does on Punk by bullshitters like you who assume the hourly rating = the segment rating.

PPV argument = BS and you know why but I'll refresh your memory. Damn near every PPV Punk "headlined" featured 3+ matches which weren't made for the card until Smackdown 2 days prior or 30 minutes before the PPV actually kicked off. When fans don't know what the card is, they're not going to buy the damn PPV. "TLC spiked ratings" ... you know why? YOU KNOW WHY! It's a gimmick PPV where train wrecks will happen. Who doesn't want to see that? We also got two badass 3-on-1 handicap matches that people really wanted to see (considering the biggest spikes Bray Wyatt got since moving up was in his feud with Punk/Bryan and the biggest spikes The Shield got in recent months (up to that point) was feuding with Punk/Bryan).

And where are the segment ratings with Dave's numbers? Let's see them. Batista isn't gaining viewers. Hell, I'll use a microsample of Twitter where I know for a fact that viewers turn the channel to Love and Hip Hop rather than watch Dave. Admittedly, he does bring back a particular audience, and I'm not doubting he does get gains... but they aren't the biggest gains and they aren't the most viewed segments, I'm sure of that.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Other than punk I see them as easily replaced.

I agree and I don't even think losing Punk is that big of a deal. I'm just saying that Del Rio (mainly him) and Christian are two solid guys that you'd like to have around.