Christian not re-signing?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The Wrestling Observer made a key note last night in their latest newsletter.

Obviously, CM Punk's contract is up this year as is rumored Alberto Del Rio's who are both tipped not to re-sign with WWE. Well, now throw another name in that hat.

Christian is the latest name into that mix with his contract up towards the end of 2014. However, Christian as noted a month back has recently had his first child with his wife therefore it's unlikely he will be going anywhere else (i.e TNA) if he does leave the WWE.

It does however send yet another signal to WWE about growing new stars and how they need to push on this year more than ever.

Man it's shaping up to be an interesting and questionable year for WWE..

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Thought he retired last year tbh. Helluva hand, and was used to get younger guys over. But he wasn't going to fill Edges shoes like some people thought.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Fan of the guy but really don't think he has that much left to offer really other than maybe a makeshift tag team with someone. It's not that he's boring per se or can't go anymore but I just can't get interested in him anymore really.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Much like Dale here, I'm a fan, but it's getting hard to be interested in him. He just kind of flounders around.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Top :hhh4:
Star :TI:

He won't be that heavily missed. He's not that over and he makes Rey look like an iron man with injuries. Let him go back to tna and win the tna world title for the first time since they are just bottom names like when he was on top, or let him sign up for JJ

For the loss of a Christian, there's a Cory Graves or Samy Zayn smiling at the chance to take the spot in the Midcard

Last edited:

BB

Reaction score
Christian hasn't offered much since Edge retired. He has been boring and bland. In my opinion he hasn't really had a good career since he and Edge stopped tagging. Yeah, he has won numerous titles but these were during the periods when WWE were desperate to put them on a name everyone knew. Christian always seems to be injuring himself and I don't think he has very much left to offer. All of his feuds since he returned to the company have been extremely uninteresting. It's a shame really because I use to mark out for him a lot.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Top star or not, WWE's losing some solid and consistent (okay, maybe this part isn't Christian) hands here. Punk's a dick and I'm not a big fan of Del Rio but these are three guys that are good to have around.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
2 years of Batista working live events and TV is > CM Punk
Sheamus being healthy and competing > ADR.
Cesaro getting elevated as well as Big E and Reigns > Christian.
Heck even guys like Dolph and Miz should relish these guys leaving.

Really and truly Punk, Christian, and ADR can go off and join JJ if they wanted or TNA as they aren't pushing any needle. They would make a decent nucleus for an up start looking for some name recognition to sell to a couple TV execs for Toby and JJ, along with Styles

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
:TI: at your first comparison

And yes, Sheamus is a million times more entertaining than ADR, but why not both?

And yeah, those upstarts are nice and will do fine, but them along with Christian would be better.

WWE isn't losing much here but don't underestimate a solid hand that you can depend on weekly for a solid filler match when you can't book a three hour show.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Christian can go join Dwight from Haven as an old buddy from whereever the fuck he came from. And who says Christian is going to sign with any wrestling company? He's old, spent more time in surgery than he did working the past 2 years.....hanging up the boots is an actual option.

ADR can sign with AAA, Mistico went to some place in Puerto Rico, so he doesn't have to deal with him there.

CM Punk can choke on a belt while trying to jerkoff for all I care, because it's a work, and when it happens everyone who was on his balls will think the same thing.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
:TI: at your first comparison

And yes, Sheamus is a million times more entertaining than ADR, but why not both?

And yeah, those upstarts are nice and will do fine, but them along with Christian would be better.

WWE isn't losing much here but don't underestimate a solid hand that you can depend on weekly for a solid filler match when you can't book a three hour show.
Bro Christian hasn't been a solid hand you can depend on weekly since ECW folded. He's stayed hurt. His best use would be agent, announcer, trainer like Tensai and Regal.

As for that first comparison. Daves a different level of star. Punk leaving hadn't even been greatly noticed or hurt them, just like his stay at top was solely beneficial from merch sales. He's replaceable

As for ADR and Sheamus, both may be nice but hey it leaves room for other guys who just as easily are former world champs that likely won't win it again but have resume credibility for some feuds ... Miz, Rey, Show, Kane when he ditches the suit. ADR isn't a spring chicken himself

Reactions: Deezy

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Bro Christian hasn't been a solid hand you can depend on weekly since ECW folded. He's stayed hurt. His best use would be agent, announcer, trainer like Tensai and Regal.

As for that first comparison. Daves a different level of star. Punk leaving hadn't even been greatly noticed or hurt them, just like his stay at top was solely beneficial from merch sales. He's replaceable

As for ADR and Sheamus, both may be nice but hey it leaves room for other guys who just as easily are former world champs that likely won't win it again but have resume credibility for some feuds ... Miz, Rey, Show, Kane when he ditches the suit. ADR isn't a spring chicken himself

Not true his 2011 feud with Orton was one of the hottest of that year. I agree that it might be time for him to call it a day or at least work a reduced scedule, but to say he hasn't offered much for such a long time just isn't true.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
3 years ago was a long time ago. Like I said, spent more time on an operating table than he has in a ring for the past two years.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
It seems the timing of this has less to do with a domino effect from recent events but rather Christian having stuff on his plate and looking at life ahead. I'm normally indifferent towards him and don't have much reaction to this personally, but he's still a familiar veteran and always struck me as someone who tried really hard with whatever he was given. Christian also made himself a surprisingly recognizable part of WWE's modern history with some of the most memorable tag teams, title reigns and matches of the Attitude/post-Attitude Era.

So yeah, I wasn't a big fan of Christian but I respect him probably won't forget him. I don't know what the fuck Batista and star power discussions are doing in ths thread.

Reactions: Heisenberg

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
It seems the timing of this has less to do with a domino effect from recent events but rather Christian having stuff on his plate and looking at life ahead. I'm normally indifferent towards him and don't have much reaction to this personally, but he's still a familiar veteran and always struck me as someone who tried really hard with whatever he was given. Christian also made himself a surprisingly recognizable part of WWE's modern history with some of the most memorable tag teams, title reigns and matches of the Attitude/post-Attitude Era.

So yeah, I wasn't a big fan of Christian but I respect him probably won't forget him. I don't know what the fuck Batista and star power discussions are doing in ths thread.

SAYIANS posted in here. Any thread with him is gonna have to do with Batista and his (lack of) star power.

I agree with you though that this probably has nothing to do with him being upset with the company. He's probably pretty stable money wise and just wants to rest and be a dad. Can't blame him as he is pushing 40.

Reactions: Heisenberg