Christian Cage/TNA/WWE Updates and Discussions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Not really.

Now I know your try to turn this around saying its not a job.But there been people offed money to come from IRL to Nascar and turned it down and Nascar pays alot more money.They turned it down because they feel they should stay committed to there team and fans of the sport and not leave it.

so yeah that would be a better job and all but no see they turn it down.

But hey its not a done deal yet.As Roxxi said TNA could be screwing with us and he signed a contract already.

One more post about Nascar in this section and you will be outta here.

The A-man

Reaction score
First off, I wasn't directing all of those specifically at you, especially the 'ride the cock' thing, although I especially felt you were being extremely naive with 'TNA for change' comment.

Dude, I wasn't "blindly" attacking anyone except for the people blindly defending Christian/The Rock and trying to defend and justify them. So, I will attack any fucking opinion I like if I disagree with it, and if you think that's wrong then get the fuck off the FORUM, because that's what the forum is fucking for. And if you don't know this about a forum after all these years, I REALLY feel sorry for you.
Well, first off, that whole "ride his cock" comment along with you calling me naive, saying that you attack people who "blindly defending Christian/The Rock and trying to defend and justify them" and based on your comments above that is an attack to me.

Because I had perfectly good reasoning behind my previous post and had a good amount thought put into it you can't say that I was "blindly" defending anyone. If anything I was going by with Chris himself said it that interview with the WWE before he left. And if it isn't, then it ain't deffinetely being respectful towards a fellow IWF member. If you can't reply without using such terms or attitude that's your problem. Even in the difference of opinion, I'm showing some respect so I kindly ask you show me the same.

Now, as for you thinking that a forum is for "attack(ing) any fucking opinion" you like if you disagree with it, and if I think that's wrong then get the fuck off the FORUM, because that's what the forum is fucking for? No. A forum is meant to provide people with open grounds to discuss anything they wish be it topic related or WITHOUT attacks or flames flying back and forth. Some people disagree but they should be able to work things out in a timely respectful manner.

Also, I've been an IWF member ever since 2002-2003. Seeing as how long that is I would imagine that I would already know plenty about, not only as to how this forum works, but how a forum works period and in contradictory to your logic the members back then (some of them who are still around to this day) didn't attack each other left and right, especially if they felt like it.

The Rock is and will always be my favorite wrestler. Like you are proving now, this is one of the most ignorant, worthless arguments EVER, seriously, it's like arguing abortion with fanatic conservatists, no matter what I say you and everyone else will continue to say, "WELL ITS HIS CHOICE HE OWES YOU NOTHING!". Learn to comprehend, I know he owes me nothing, I know it's his choice, I don't fucking care, morons. The fact is, by the subjective definition of a sell-out, which is defined by the EXACT actions The Rock took (the same actions continously clarified by the mindless people who defend him), HE SOLD OUT. He quit wrestling, the lower rate, lower pay, lower fame stage for a much higher fame stage. Oh, and he also said wrestling was his life and dream and in his blood before, so scratch off that "acting being his dream" thing.

Your definition of "sold out" is pretty inaccurate. "Selling out" refers to the compromising of one's integrity, morality and principles in exchange for money, 'success' (however defined) or other personal gain. Now The Rock was HUGE in the WWE. I believe you that. The merchandise based on him, high profile (title) matches, the big feuds, his charisma, and showmanship established all that and made him into who he is today. How does any of that equal a low pay, fate, and fame stage? One can only do so much in the WWE so given how big he was do you honestly think he could any bigger and stay at the top for long? After all, some people become bigger than the business itself. They need to move on. Rock saw an opening presented to him in the form of a movie contract and he ran with it, he was smart to jump ship when he did. He's looking out for number one, so can you blame him? He has the talent to work in hollywood. Also, he's come back a few times since he left. Yeah, really sell-out mentality there.

Lol, it's not reasonable, since you wouldn't leave a company where you are making much more money just to go to a lower level company for "change". This is life. There is a miniscule possibility, but you'd probably have to be mentally impaired, which from countless interviews we can assume that Christian was perfectly sane in mind.

Yes, it is reasonable for a wrestler to jump from a company to another of course in Christian's case. First, aside from wanting change, he felt that the creative department wasn't utilizing him properly and he felt his time was being wasted. So if they were misusing him, how do you expect him to just stick around and deal with it? No. He left for TNA and used him in the way that they should letting his talent do most of the work. You can't soley think or know that people are insane just because they believe Chris left a company for smaller pay. If he wanted to make just as much more money thah he did in the WWE he could go wrestle in Japan. Second, true this life but there are more important things in it besides money. Some wrestlers are in the business for the sake on passion and respect. There are people who work their asses day in and day out to just to make it big based on their hard work and willingness to apply themselves and push onward.

All in all, I believe I made my points. If you want to disagree, I have no problem with that but the least you can do is be respectful. I have no ill will towards you and appeciate you do the same.

This Guy

and its not the fact its a job for more money really.Its he left WWE for a reason right cause he felt they was under using him.Ok so he goes to TNA and becomes a top star there.Now the WWE wants him back offering him alot more money and all that.So if he goes back he screwed over the company that used him right to his full potential for the company that kept him in the tag team and mid-card his whole run.He only got in the mainevent near the end of his run so WWE could try to keep him but it didn't work.

Thats why I think he is a sale out.

As others are saying you seem to be missing the fact that he was right in the main event scene of TNA straight from WWE. Now that they got more popular and bigger names from the past (and in most cases the WWE ie. Angle, Nash, Booker T, Sting) TNA stopped pushing Cage. So why not go back to the WWE? That doesn't make him a sell out. Perhaps WWE has promised him a main event spot like TNA did when he joined them? Its like others said, you really think Christian only went to TNA because of a lighter schedule? Or because he needed a change? No. He went to TNA because they offered him a main event spot. If he is a sell out ot goto the WWE then he was a sell out for leaving them too. You talk about loyalty, how bout being loyal to the company that gave him his big break and made him a world wide star. That was the WWE, not TNA. And if he really did only goto TNA for the lighter schedule and a change, well maybe he's bored of that now and needs a change again. And maybe he's borded because he has more free time on his hands then he knows what to do with. The point is, calling him a sell out now and not before is a joke. Because either he was a sell out for leaving the WWE as well, or he isn't a sell out at all. I beilive the 2nd one to be true.

Great One

Well, first off, that whole "ride his cock" comment along with you calling me naive, saying that you attack people who "blindly defending Christian/The Rock and trying to defend and justify them" and based on your comments above that is an attack to me.
Uh... when did I say that you were one that was trying to defend and justify them? After this reply though, I think it's safe to say that you are. I was more of referring to the people who were blatantly defending Christian.

Because I had perfectly good reasoning behind my previous post and had a good amount thought put into it you can't say that I was "blindly" defending anyone. If anything I was going by with Chris himself said it that interview with the WWE before he left. And if it isn't, then it ain't deffinetely being respectful towards a fellow IWF member. If you can't reply without using such terms or attitude that's your problem. Even in the difference of opinion, I'm showing some respect so I kindly ask you show me the same.
Lol, so you're saying I didn't have good reasoning behind my post and I didn't put a good amount of thought into mine? Double standard ftw. And I was telling you not to be so naive that to believe anything someone says without looking at the logic behind it. And where did this respect issue come from..? Just because I use cuss words, I don't respect you? The fact that I'm arguing with you should be enough respect.

Now, as for you thinking that a forum is for "attack(ing) any fucking opinion" you like if you disagree with it, and if I think that's wrong then get the fuck off the FORUM, because that's what the forum is fucking for? No. A forum is meant to provide people with open grounds to discuss anything they wish be it topic related or WITHOUT attacks or flames flying back and forth. Some people disagree but they should be able to work things out in a timely respectful manner.
Lol, I didn't say it's solely FOR attacking people's opinions, but in a discussion of a variety of opinions, it is going to happen, whether you like or not. Seriously, get out of your fantasy land and into reality. Just because I use some bad words, doesn't mean flames are flying back and forth and that I'm attacking you. Seriously, how old are you again?

Also, I've been an IWF member ever since 2002-2003. Seeing as how long that is I would imagine that I would already know plenty about, not only as to how this forum works, but how a forum works period and in contradictory to your logic the members back then (some of them who are still around to this day) didn't attack each other left and right, especially if they felt like it.
I've been here nearly as long as that, and many other forums, and I know many of those members too. I also HIGHLY doubt it was a nice peaceful discussion amongst everyone back then. But once again, if that's your fantasy land, then so be it.

Your definition of "sold out" is pretty inaccurate. "Selling out" refers to the compromising of one's integrity, morality and principles in exchange for money, 'success' (however defined) or other personal gain. Now The Rock was HUGE in the WWE. I believe you that. The merchandise based on him, high profile (title) matches, the big feuds, his charisma, and showmanship established all that and made him into who he is today. How does any of that equal a low pay, fate, and fame stage? One can only do so much in the WWE so given how big he was do you honestly think he could any bigger and stay at the top for long? After all, some people become bigger than the business itself. They need to move on. Rock saw an opening presented to him in the form of a movie contract and he ran with it, he was smart to jump ship when he did. He's looking out for number one, so can you blame him? He has the talent to work in hollywood. Also, he's come back a few times since he left. Yeah, really sell-out mentality there.
I guess you ignored the part where I said that's the COMMONLY used definition of the word. I suppose you were too busy coming up with definitions for words.. which really aren't words. Yeah, a sell-out is made up, so giving me an actual definition is laughable. But hey, what the hell. The funny thing is, the alternate definition you gave me about integrity, morality, and principles is exactly what I said it was (money? stage? fame?), rofl, all you did was break it into specifics (and prove I had to dumb it down). When you sell out you give all that up for a higher claim. And I can't believe you're trying to argue The Rock is making the amount he is now that he was in the WWE. He's a bigger star now, making TONS more, and his body is in good health. Yeah, he became bigger than the WWE if that's what you want to call it, but like CMS said earlier, that doesn't mean he couldn't have made an appearance or two at the least. Btw, congratulations on saying exactly what I said you would say. All you are saying to me is the same shit, "Blah blah he saw an opening and made a decision, can you blame him LOL?!@!". Come on man, I even referred to this shit in my post, it's like you didn't even read what I said. I know all this, it's irrelevant, hell I even said I would do the same thing.

Yes, it is reasonable for a wrestler to jump from a company to another of course in Christian's case. First, aside from wanting change, he felt that the creative department wasn't utilizing him properly and he felt his time was being wasted. So if they were misusing him, how do you expect him to just stick around and deal with it? No. He left for TNA and used him in the way that they should letting his talent do most of the work. You can't soley think or know that people are insane just because they believe Chris left a company for smaller pay. If he wanted to make just as much more money thah he did in the WWE he could go wrestle in Japan. Second, true this life but there are more important things in it besides money. Some wrestlers are in the business for the sake on passion and respect. There are people who work their asses day in and day out to just to make it big based on their hard work and willingness to apply themselves and push onward.
You just completely contradicted your argument when you added that HE felt he wasn't being utilized properly, even though he was obviously working up to a main event spot sooner or later. As This Guy just stated, he left to TNA after that for a main event spot, not change, thus making him a sell-out, which you just clarified, thank you. So why wouldn't he do it again? Yeah, some wrestlers are 'passionate', but thanks for throwing in another subjective term, "passion". If he had passion for the business, why would he jump to TNA for a main event spot (which you just clarified for me), when he could stay in the WWE and fulfill his "passion"?

All in all, I believe I made my points. If you want to disagree, I have no problem with that but the least you can do is be respectful. I have no ill will towards you and appeciate you do the same.
I don't get where all this respect talk is coming from. You are seriously taking this too seriously, it's just a forum, we've both been here for a really long time and I would hope by now that you wouldn't care so much about 'respect'. I don't demand respect from people on here, that'd be just stupid, especially since it's a fucking INTERNET forum. Who cares. But I do hold you higher due to how long you've been here, if that's what you want and am respectfully debating this with you to my knowledge.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Sorry to bump this but there is an update and I remember seeing so where if it is something that adds to the topic its ok to bump if not just delete my post please. I just didn't wanna start another topic when there is already one for it.

Wrestling News World reader Colm Gillespie sent word that Christian Cage was not on the opening video for last night's TNA Final Resolution pay-per-view. He was replaced by Rhino.

From what we have been told (and Richard has reported on WNW Premium), Christian's TNA contract expired last week. However, his profile remains on the official TNA website and both Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett still want him back. Christian has informed Carter and Jarrett that WWE is interested in him, although a deal has not been reached. We have also heard that Christian has put the word out to WWE officials that he sees himself as a main eventer and does not want to be downgraded if he were to return.

At this point it seems that Christian is going to do what is best for him financially and most people see him returning to his former employer.

I really hope he re-signs with TNA but its not looking like he will. Anyway I'll watch his matches either way on TV or youtube later on if I have to.

Kizza

We have also heard that Christian has put the word out to WWE officials that he sees himself as a main eventer and does not want to be downgraded if he were to return.

Therein lies the problem for Cage. What if WWE don't wanna use him as a main eventer?

The Shua

Reaction score
I just thought of this. Remember back when Matt Hardy was fired, and he had a match or 2 for ROH, then he did some run-ins on Raw and plugged ROH? He swerved everyone to thinking he wouldn't be coming back.

What if Christian is doing the same thing? What if Christian is Suicide???? And the whole contract expiring nonsense was just to throw people off?

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
I just thought of this. Remember back when Matt Hardy was fired, and he had a match or 2 for ROH, then he did some run-ins on Raw and plugged ROH? He swerved everyone to thinking he wouldn't be coming back.

What if Christian is doing the same thing? What if Christian is Suicide???? And the whole contract expiring nonsense was just to throw people off?

O:

NO! NEVER! IT CAN'T BE!

seX-Power

^ I don't think so.

Smackdown need a main eventer so I think that the WWE would be happy to sign Christian. He deserves a main event run.

Kizza

That would go down as one of the stupidest moves of the last decade.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I doubt that is what there doing man.

If so then TNA made a big mistake because Christian is a great worker.

But yeah I'm thinking its Kaz but I'm not 100% sure.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I'm not saying Kaz isn't

I just hope who ever it is that its not someone who has a top notch career already.

CT Styles

Blaze said:
I just hope who ever it is that its not someone who has a top notch career already.

This is TNA. It almost certainly will be or someone with the potential to go far without dressing up as a power ranger.

Kizza

It's been confirmed that it is actually Kaz. So there goes your rumour lol.