CHIKARA Season 12 Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score

This first post will be continuously updated with the next shows card...

TWGPmay.jpg

Round1.6.jpg

Round1.7.jpg

Round1.8.jpg

Round1.4.jpg

Round1.5.jpg

Round1.2.jpg

Round1.3.jpg

Round1.1.jpg

[EVENING SHOW]

THE EXCITING CONCLUSION TO TAG WORLD GRAND PRIX TOURNAMENT!

Coltarus.jpg

GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE!
PeckWaiting.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Archie vs. Touchdown? Yes!

Who's the fifth man in that poster?

Castiel

Reaction score
Good question. The others seem to be the members of GEKIDO and with 17 and CombatANT gone this seems like it has to be a mystery... either that or we're bad at picking up on things already this season.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It's all part of the CHIKARA fun!

Also, I hear Amasis is definitely back in wrestling.

Castiel

Reaction score
Phenomenal! I wonder if they'll make his return against Ophidian first thing?

On another note, in preparation for season 12 Chikara has updated their roster page! It is no longer divided into Rudos and Technicos, the lines have been blurred since CHIKARAmetrics so this works. The Devastation Corporation is already on there but the Campeonatos de Parejas still are not!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Just noticed that CHIKARA will be holding events in California in late 2013, most notably one in Resada.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The final Kingston vs. Steen match is set!

Castiel

Reaction score
OP updated with the line up for the first two shows.

While The Dawn Is Breaking looks phenomenal! CdP and YLC on the line! Plus Kingston vs Steen which doesn't seem to be for the Grand Championship but it's still awesome! Sadly they're advertising it as "the final confrontation", hopefully that doesn't mean Steen is done with his Chikara appearances. Also, Donst vs Archie! Two of the best in the world!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I still find the YB teaming with Steen weird.

I imagine this probably is it for Steen for now. Maybe a KOT appearance in the future though.

Kingston/Green should be badass.

Castiel

Reaction score
Really pumped for that match too, I love Green Ant and was disappointed when his singles run came to halt due to the whole Swarm things last season. I've accepted Steen teaming with the Bucks but man it's hard not to find it weird when you're also a PWG fan!

Castiel

Reaction score
Frightmare vs Ophidian and Dasher vs Delerious added to the first show. Also, Touchdown vs Archie will be no DQ! Dasher vs Kobald added to the second show, I guess he's not a fan of The Batiri.

[video=youtube;yi3t1X88uZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yi3t1X88uZY[/video]

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Sorta surprised Delirious is sticking around.

Frightmare vs. Ophidian could be really good.

Castiel

Reaction score
I was surprised at the Delirious match being announced too, especially since singles action seems to be pretty rare for him nowadays.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Results from the season premiere!

Fire Ant/AssailANT def deviANT/Soldier Ant after Soldier Ant walked out on deviANT

Dasher Hatfield def Delirious with a flash roll-up. Delirious destroys Hatfield after the match

The Batiri defeat Los Ice Creams, via top rope DDT

Frightmare def Ophidian thanks to a distraction by Amasis

Jigsaw and The Shard def F.I.S.T. (Sugar Dunkerton/Icarus) earning a point via Double stomp off the top from Jigsaw to Sugar

Non title: Green Ant def Grand Champion Eddie Kingston via Texas Cloverleaf
Kevin Steen tried to interfere, Wink got in the way & got decked by Kingston causing the DOF to make tomorrow's match for the belt.

Young Bucks & Kevin Steen defeat 3.0 & Gran Akuma via Package Piledriver/More Bang For Your Buck combo

Hallowicked defeated Chuck Taylor

Tim Donst out for interview. He turns on Jakob Hammermier and proceeds to cut his hair

NO DQ match: Archibald Peck beat "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti

PWPonderings

Some issues ended, some started as CHIKARA seems to be setting up 2013 quite nicely.

So, Green Ant decides to have another big first match of the year following his win over Quack last year. I sorta wish this CHIKARAbermetrics thing would go somewhere soon though.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
and results from the follow up show "While The Dawn Breaks"

YLC Title: Mr. Touchdown def Saturyne via suplex cutter

Jakob Hammermeier def Akuma via tripping Akuma off the top rope and covering him. Yes, you read that correctly.

Wink promo in the ring with Soldier Ant. Promises a leadership role of some type. This to be continued in Tampa, FL

Archibald Peck def Donst via DQ when Donst low blows him and leaves with Veronica. There was a post match promo by Donst.

Trios match is up FIST vs Colony

The Colony def FIST when assailANT submits Dunkerton via the cloverleaf chikara special. After the match, Sugar pleads with @Hatfield to get back together but Dasher takes offense to his comments about Mr. Touchdown

Kobald def Dasher Hatfield with interference from Delirious

Jigsaw, deviANT, Shard def Mike Quackenbusch, Hallowicked, Frightmare when Jigsaw and Shard hit a spike jig n tonic on Frightmare

Grand Championship: Eddie Kingston def Kevin Steen via Backfist to the back of Steen’s head
Steen and Kingston came out fighting from the back. Wink was reluctant to give him the belt.
Green Ant came out after wanting a title shot and he will get it March 9th in Orlando, FL

Ophidian went after some fans in Amasis masks and them Amasis showed up. Delirious had to hold the snake back.

Campeonatos de Parejas: 3.0 def Young Bucks to win the titles!
Bucks win first fall via roll up on Matthews after a super kick
3.0 get next pinfall via Sweet Taste o’ Professionalism on Nick
Matthews puts the Boston Crab on Matt and we have NEW CHAMPIONS

PWPonderings

3.0 HAVE RETURNED TO THE PROMISE LAND!

Soldier Ant's new angle could be very interesting. Also, Green Ant vs. Eddie for the belt is fantastic. Green Ant really stepping it up this weekend.