CHIKARA Season 12 Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
As far as surprise partners go, that's a damn fine one!

Castiel

Reaction score
Well, the Tag World Grand Prix is shaping up to be... something.

TWGP1.jpg

TWGP2.jpg

TWGP3.jpg

TWGP4.jpg

TWGP5.jpg

But more important than that, on Night 2 of the TWGP THIS match will happen!

521743_469410393128012_1925129134_n.jpg

Will Eddie Kingston send Archie back in time with the Backfist to the Future once again?! Will Kingston even be champ by them? Could we really see Archibald Peck as the Grand Champion of Chikara?!

But let's not get ahead of ourselves here because May 3-4 is one hell of a huge weekend for Chikara!

BattleMAY.jpg

May 3rd, 2013
The New Mid-Atlantic Sportatorium
1001 Springwood Avenue in Gibsonville, NC
Belltime = 7:30 PM : : Doors = 7:00 PM
Children 12 & under get a General Admission ticket absolutely FREE with a paying adult!

GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP!
ForTGC.jpg

YOUNG LIONS CUP ON THE LINE!
CupUp.jpg

AMASIS' IN RING RETURN! ...FOR REAL THIS TIME!
FirstTime.jpg

PeckJig.jpg

GhostMay.jpg

May 4th, 2013
The Main Event
2001 Main Street in Porterdale, GA
Belltime = 7:00 PM : : Doors = 6:30 PM
Children 12 & under get a General Admission ticket absolutely FREE with a paying adult!

GRAND CHAMPION VS YOUNG LIONS CUP CHAMPION!
GAchallenger.jpg

CAMPEONATOS DE PAREJAS ON THE LINE! Best of 3 Falls!
LosCdP.jpg

GranSugar.jpg

Castiel

Reaction score
Some fantastic additions have been made to the Tag World Grand Prix!

TWGP6.jpg

TWGP7.jpg

TWGP8.jpg

TWGP9.jpg

Searched up some of The Kentucky Buffet's stuff and I like 'em. Always great to see the Bravado's back in Chikara too. Heidi Lovelace looks much better in a mask too.

Castiel

Reaction score
Hahaha, she's talented but her face just... well, I already put it as nicely as possible!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Nice to see some new teams in the Grand Prix instead of the usual CHIKARA regulars though.

Also, first match for the iPPV was announced about a week ago, Amasis vs. Ophidian.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Something funky is going on in CHIKARA.

Just been reading DVD reviews of the latest shows, and at the end of "Shoulder of Pallas", Quack was handed an envelope by someone with NPA on their hat. Now, Quack is off the roster page, his merch has been discounted, and his Twitter makes practically no mention of CHIKARA any more. Meanwhile, Soldier Ant resigned in a recent episode of the podcast-a-go-go and is now also off the roster page.

Very strange happenings indeed.

Castiel

Reaction score
Damn, this is the first I heard of this... really weird happening, Soldier I can understand since he's getting screwed with but Quack? What's that all about? Interesting stuff at least!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Final teams for the tag world Grand Prix are:

Da Soul Touchaz
Zero Gravity
Pieces of Hate (Jigsaw & The Shard)
Young Bucks
Colony Xtreme Force (deviANT & Arctic Rescue Ant)
The Batiri
The Colony (Fire Ant & Green Ant)

Bucks have gotta be favourites, I expect them to make the semis at the very least.

Also, to follow up my previous post, after quitting FIST during the last weekend of shows, Johnny Gargano is now also off the roster page.

Castiel

Reaction score
Grand Prix really shaped up nicely but these weird things going on... I just don't know.

Castiel

Reaction score
First off, I notice I didn't post the results from the last weekend of shows so here they are:

Battle Not With Monsters Results:

Ophidian, Kobald, Obariyon and Kodama def. Fire Ant, assailANT, and Los Ice Creams.

Saturyne def. Missile Assault Ant.

Orbit Adventure Ant, Arctic Rescue Ant, and deviANT def. 3.0 and Gran Akuma via top rope leg drop from Arctic Rescue Ant.
Amasis def. the Shard.

Gavin Loudspeaker made his first appearance of the show before the intermission and stated that Tim Donst (who announced the first half of the show) had kidnapped him and trapped him in a closet.

Archibald Peck def. Jigsaw via cheating.

Young Lions Cup Match: Mr. Touchdown (c) def. Chiva Kid via Flea Flicker.

The Spectral Envoy def. F.I.S.T. via roll up by Frightmare on Gargano. After the match, Gargano blamed Sugar Dunkerton for the loss (there was some miscommunication) and destroys him with a superkick. In response, Icarus speared Gargano which caused Gargano to say that he is done with F.I.S.T.

CHIKARA Grand Championship Match: Eddie Kingston def. Green Ant via Backfist to the Future to retain as Grand Champion.

The Ghost of You Clings... Results:

Shenron def. Chuck Taylor in an impressive debut.

The Shard and Jigsaw def. Fire Ant and assailANT via top rope double stomp from the Shard.

Gran Akuma def. Sugar Dunkerton w/ Icarus via disqualification. Icarus had shoved Akuma off the top rope which caused the dq. After the match Dunkerton quits F.I.S.T. as well.

Amasis def. Kobald via The Rolling Elbow.

The Colony XTREME Force def. the Spectral Envoy via DQ when Ultra Mantis Black apparently tried to pull the mask off of Missile Assault Ant.

Saturyne def. Tim Donst via roll up when Donst tried to mess with Gavin Loudspeaker. After the match, Donst attack Loudspeaker and cut off some of hair as a trophy.

CHIKARA Grand Championship Match: Eddie Kingston def. Mr. Touchdown via Super Urinagi to retain as Grand Champion.

CHIKARA Campeonatos de Parejas Match: 3.0 def. the Batiri two falls to one to retain as Campeonatos de Parejas.

Now, keeping you all up to date with the Tag World Grand Prix the brackets have been set! And in the evening, along with the conclusion of the tournament we have two matches that are sure to be fun and full of shenanigans:

Round1.6.jpg

Round1.7.jpg

Round1.8.jpg

Round1.4.jpg

Round1.5.jpg

Round1.2.jpg

Round1.3.jpg

Round1.1.jpg

Coltarus.jpg

GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE!
PeckWaiting.jpg

I had my doubts on the tournament at first but I'll be damned did it ever come together! Excited for it, especially the Zero Gravity vs Kentucky Buffet match! Searched up some of their stuff and they're both good, need to see more.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
glad they put Zero Gravity and Kentucky Buffet against each other, as I haven't heard of either so it's a great chance for both teams to make an impression.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Ongoing results from the afternoon show:

The Young Bucks, The Spectral Envoy, The Batiri, The Daywalkers (formerly the Kentucky Buffet), The Colony, The Devastation Corporation, AC/DC have all moved onto round 2, Pieces of Hate/Da Soul Touchaz is in progress as we speak.

Notes:

- The Kentucky Buffet were accompanied to the ring by Gangrel and are now known as The Daywalkers
- The Envoy progressed via DQ after The Colony Xtreme Force removed Frightmare's mask
- Los Ice Creams are now Los Ice Creams Xtreme Frost. Blame Wink.
- The Devastation Corp. were supposed to face The Heart Throbs but their whereabouts are unknown so the team drawn from the Hat (a familiar top hat) were The Submission Squad. Those guys don't know how to quit.

Castiel

Reaction score
That some cool stuff, The Daywalkers sounds much more serious and Gangrel managing is awesome. Frightmare having his mask removed is awful but it adds fuel to the rivalry. Los Ice Creams Xtreme Frost... dammit Wink. What are you smoking?