CHIKARA King Of Trios 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
7/9/2012: Wow.
Just wow.

Two things happened this year nobody banked on.

Lebron won a ring and Sugar Dunkerton got left outta The Throwbacks. End of days indeed.

I remember writing a blog a ways back, calling The Throwbacks to arms under our classic playbook so we could own King of Trios this year. Then I see the announcement...and apparently by "Throwbacks" they mean Hatfield, Touchdown and Classic.

Does not compute. Technical foul.

Since when am I ain't a Throwback? Since when does Matt Classic start over me? When do I NOT have "The Throwbacks" as my affiliation on the roster page !?!?

THIS is what I come back to. Mr. Touchdown goes from being the step-cousin-in-law I hear about on holidays to the captain of the squad? He's callin' the shots? Now don't get me twisted. I ain't upset. Just disappointed. Surprised even. Pretty clear what we're looking at here though. I don't need approval to be a Throwback, I just am and always will be.

So what happens now?

I didn't come back to CHIKARA thinking my battles would be solo ones, but if that's the case, so be it. You look at my track record, and the numbers show - your boy Sugar D is a team player. That's where I excel. Stats don't lie. And I hate to be in the bleachers watching Dasher do his thing at KOT, but the line-up is set.

So best of luck to the crew I guess. Dasher and Touchdown seem to be earning title matches left and right, maybe your boy needs to rack a few dukes of his own.

So these 2 road games I got in July; the game gets changed. I'VE gotta achieve. For me. There is no team. Only me. As scary as that sounds to say, it's these kinda tests that show the measure of a man. Ridin' solo on this one.

-sigh-

What more can I say that ain't already obvious?

"So, I guess we gon' see/ I ain’t Curren$y/ but if there ain’t money in my name/ than please murder me." - Childish Gambino

DUNKS

And the whole Touchdowns things get more interesting.... also, Childish Gambino quote FTW!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The aforementioned "Swarm" team added to KOT, bringing us to the halfway point team wise.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Quack, Jig & Manami Toyota team for the second straight year. Quarter finalists last time, can they go further this year? Only the third team to return from last year so far.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Oh my....

KOT12_10.jpg

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Sweet Jesus in Heaven.

Castiel

Reaction score
That's the best team ever.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Team Osaka Pro are back, with a bit of a different line up compared to years past.....

KOT12_11.jpg

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The SENDAI girls return to CHIKARA with the KOT crown in their sights!

KOT12_12.jpg

We now have two all female teams in this years competition.

Only four slots left, very interesting to see who they go to. Wink mentioned finding Sugar Dunkerton a team via CHIKARAbermetrics, Green Ant is insistent the Colony could still be ready in time, 3.0 have yet to be entered with either El Generico or Gran Akuma as their third man. I can see this weekends double shot having a big effect on the next few teams announced.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
This weekend saw 3.0 & Gran Akuma gel enough to Wink's satisfaction that they have now entered the KOT!

KOT12_13.jpg

Meanwhile, the Swarm "trio" of deviANT, combatANT and Soldier Ant failed to win both matches, leading Green Ant to make another plea to Wink to reunite The Colony for KOT now that Fire Ant is scheduled to return at an upcoming charity event.

Castiel

Reaction score
I'm sad that they're not with Generico simply because the name 3.0le is genius. The Swarm aren't in now? I saw Green Ant was begging for The Colony to get a spot, I hope it happens! I also hope we don't see the women teams against each other in the first round.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'm sad that they're not with Generico simply because the name 3.0le is genius. The Swarm aren't in now? I saw Green Ant was begging for The Colony to get a spot, I hope it happens! I also hope we don't see the women teams against each other in the first round.

I've got a feeling the next set of shows are gonna have a KOT qualifier between The Swarm & The Colony for the last spot. Could be a huge match if it happens.

Castiel

Reaction score
558219_10151028388966262_1239843574_n.jpg

When The Swarm and The Colony meet it's going to be very confusing!

Castiel

Reaction score
Hopefully Green Ant can convince both the teams to work together to take down Wink instead!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
two teams left, and all the CHIKARA mainstays accounted for. So excited for who they'll be!