CHIKARA King Of Trios 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Envoy / Submission Squad added. 4 teams remain including 3 filled with legends which means at least one legend team will be advancing!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I reckon the Extreme Trio vs. Team WWF (Kid vs. Lynn pt 1,678,945) and ROH vs. The Faces of Pain will be the last two matches.

Mike Bennett & The Young Bucks vs. Haku will certainly be a sight :lol:

Castiel

Reaction score
And of course you're right! How could they not do WWF vs ECW really?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Let's not forget, outside of the tournament we've still got the annual tag gauntlet, the yet-to-be-announced Rey de Voladores tournament (the tournament within a tournament!) and Kingston/Tadasuke for the Grand Championship!

Castiel

Reaction score
Damn, that just makes it all more awesome. Tadasuke deserves to get fucked up by Kingston for not making any appearances as YLC holder. I'm not sure if they'll go for having 1-2-3 Kid join the RDV again this year or will Jerry Lynn since he's retiring soon? Most likely Kid.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I reckon Lynn will make an RDV appearance. I see Waltman going past round 1 this year.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
THE SUBMISSION SQUAD ARE EN ROUTE!

[video=youtube;j6aW4BubVoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6aW4BubVoQ&feature=g-u-u[/video]

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
This better be available ASAP, I've been looking forward to it for months.

Castiel

Reaction score
RESULTS VIA @CHIKARAPRO~!!!!

Time of the fall 12:30 as Green Ant is pinned after a frog splash & Team Sendai Girls advance!

Demon's Toilet by Kobald on Akuma at 11:08 allow The Batiri to advance to tomorrow night

FIST advances as Icarus steals one from Takoyakida at 21:02

Manami Toyota connects with a moonsault on deviANT at 14:34 & she, Jigsaw & Quack advance to the next round

Team JWP advances after Matt Classic submits to Tsubasa Kuragaki's Argentine Backbreaker at 12:42

Match 6 is scheduled to be the Submission Squad vs. The Spectral Envoy, but their replacements will be drawn from a hat!

Looks like the Spectral Envoy will face The Mysterious And Handsome Stranger, Mihara of Osaka Pro & Tito Santana!

Submission Squad had car trouble & were unable to make the event. We apologized & offered refunds. No one took us up on the offer

After sending Hallowicked out of the ring with a Flying Forearm, Tito Santana get rolled up by UltraMantis at 16:28 for the win

A sunset flip by Mike Bennett on Meng at 12:42 gives he & the Young Bucks the win

Cradle piledriver by Jerry Lynn on Aldo Montoya at 20:50 makes the Extreme Trio the final team to advance to Night 2

- Sendai Girls
- The Batiri
- F.I.S.T.
- QuackSaw & Manami Toyota
- Team JPW
- Spectral Envoy
- Team ROH
- Extreme Trio

That's who we've got left in this thing! No Swarm or Colony advancing. Random Tito Santana is cool! Sugar Dunkerton wore a FIST singlet. Results are alright by me.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Tito Santana, The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger, & Mihara has to be the most random team in the history of anything assembled. Like, what the fuck :lol:

Every female moving onto round two is pretty cool.

So both Ant teams & 3.Akuma are out round 1, whilst the Submission Squad fail to make it to the building. Bad night for Wink's ideas.

Castiel

Reaction score
So, The World Tag Team Champions of the World are at the KoT fan conclave thing.

A22vkgxCMAAVG72.jpg:large

Credit to @MehIsKrazy on Twitter

Postman Dave

Reaction score
That's pretty cool! I suppose part of the relationship between CHIKARA & TNA?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Night 2!

1. F.I.S.T. defeated Team JWP in a King of Trios Second Round match.

2. Mr. Touchdown defeated 123 Kid.

3. The Spectral Envoy defeated The Batiri in a King of Trios Second Round match.

4. Team Osaka Pro defeated The Colony (regular tag match).

5. Team Sendai Girls defeated Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw, Minami Toyota in a King of Trios Second Round match.

6. Tatanka defeated Sugar Dunkerton.

7. Team ROH defeated Team ECW in a King of Trios Second Round match.

8. Eddie Kingston defeated Tadasuke to retain the CHIKARA Grand Championship. Post match, Kingston was attacked by Tim Donst.

411mania

Semi finalists heading into night 3 are:

FIST
The Spectral Envoy
Team Sendai Girls
Team Ring of Honor

Big surprise seeing the Batiri go out as I know many had them pegged to win the whole thing. The Envoy have gotta be the favourites now, although I see them as losing finalists. My money's on Team ROH.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Update on Night 3!

Team ROH def. Team Sendai Girls via More Bang for you Buck. Bennett & The Bucks advance to the final

Spectral Envoy def. FIST via Cosmic Doom. Envoy vs. ROH in the final!