Cena vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania...JUST SAY NO!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

He's not even there 3/4 of the year...soooo it's really not a stretch to say he'll pop up for a program next Mania.

straight_edge76

That's true but imo the WWE is really running out of options for his Mania matches, unless they start pushing new talent up to that level im not sure how much everyone is going to care about the streak. A few mania matches I would love to see are...

Taker VS Kane III (They always have great matches)
Taker VS Jericho
Taker VS Punk
Taker VS DiBiase

The Rated R CMStar

Taker VS Kane III (They always have great matches)
Taker VS Jericho
Taker VS Punk
Taker VS DiBiase

Lol, Kane vs Taker on Smackdown from last year beg to differ. As for Punk vs Taker, been there done that...and damn sure not want it for my Mania.

MizMasta3000

*thinking about it* maybe Cena beating Taker at WM is just what he needs to start a huge heel turn

Wrestling Station

^or maybe The Miz (Mr Awesome) ends the streak and this will be the biggest thing he will ever dream of in his life >_>

noumenon

No but it would be the only impactful way to do so in this bullshit PG environment.

seX-Power

If Taker can make it to Wrestlemania 27, then that is where he should face Cena. In what is his last WM. Have him rest up for the whole year and return for the Road to Wrestlemania if he needs to. Just let them have their epic program together once Taker is healthier and Cena is heel, which he could be this time next year.

MizMasta3000

I think were in a Jericho/Taker direction here. Cena/Taker matbe next year

xtremebadass

to end the show with a mad pop from the NY crowd since most of them were booing Cena anyways.

However, I still think they are hinting at Cena more than Jericho, as much as I hate to say it.

Reaction score
This thread has had some undefendable things said in it. Seriously.

Swagger in the mainevent? JoMo in the mainevent? Neither of those guys are good enough to mainevent raw or sd! let alone WrestleMania. That's all I'm going to say about other people's thoughts on the matter.

To say the WWE has a better alternative to Cena/Taker @ WM is flat out nonsense. How the fuck would it make sense to put a new star against Taker while it's fairly apparent that the streak isn't going to end until at the very least when Taker is ready? Burying a fresh star makes zero sense. No one with any wrestling knowledge wont buy into anyone that isn't a certified top name standing a chance against Taker @WM. That's that. It's bad business and the casual fan wouldn't buy into it.

The WWE doesn't have ANY money matches left except Taker/Cena, and that's what WrestleMania is about, MONEY. It's the company's bread and butter and they couldn't give two shits about making new stars that night unless they were drawing money beforehand, ala Stone Cold. Does anyone think that people are gonna give up 55 clams to see Taker/Swagger or some other obscenely bad idea? Jericho/Taker would be a better match, true, but it wouldn't draw a tenth of what Cena/Taker is gonna do, plus if Edge is back, Jericho is going to be invloved in his own sweet angle to sweeten the WM card.

There is nothing they could build better than Taker/Cena, Taker's never submitted and Cena is pushing this new "never say quit" catchphrase and I can't remember when the last time he submitted was. It's so simple, yet effective booking. Plus neither have touched the other in a full fledged match in over five years and this match is so big it would be pointless to have the title involved since the streak is on the line, I'd bet it wont be.

If the E steers a clear course, we could be seeing Cena dropping the strap to either of DX, Taker losing it somwhere and Jericho will somehow have it around his waste at WM time which means we can have a fine trinity of main events including: Taker/Cena for the streak
Edge/Jericho in a year long build for the strap
HHH/heel HBK would be hot after a break up and for the strap. HBK really deserves one more go round as champ, and certainly deserves one more main event title win @ the biggest show since he has been the brightspots of the past two Wrestlemanias that have been huge letdowns by WM standards. I wouldn't care if the rest of the card was filled with garbage, I'd lay down fiddy bones for those three matches.

Swagger vs Taker...goddamn sometimes I lose faith...