Burchill/Hurricane

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Actually, considering it's a house show and faces always win in there unless the heel is going to get pushed, it should make a lock that Burchill is winning.

Hometown Kid

noumenon said:
He's one of the most over faces (and champions) in the entire company... no one cared about him that much in previous WWE run.

Wrong. G1 is right on the money. Christian doesn't get mega-pops, his reactions are the same as Shelton and Regals, and barely better than Yoshi and Dreamers. To be fair, they would all get bigger reactions than anyone on Raw or SD if they were booked the same, because they're quite frankly better and fresher than everyone in the ME. The only reason Swagger lost heat is because he's booked so poorly. If he was booked the same on Raw as he was on ECW he'd be getting huge reactions every week. The key is to keep the ECW guys' momentum up when they hit Raw or SD.

It's pretty much the same for Burchill. Although I think midcard is about as far as he can make it. He is gonna beat Hurricane and 'cane is going to have a 2nd mask on when he reveals himself. *prediction*

MizMasta3000

^^^nothing says Burch cant take the second mask off. Is really going to see another mask and "oh damn I give up"? lol

Great One

Are you stupid? That's the whole point of ECW, getting these young stars over. Think about it, which show was Swagger more over on, ECW or RAW? Not even a question. RAW doesn't give these guys the time they need to shine except for a select few. And when they do give them time they end up making them look like shit against the top stars of RAW or Smackdown.

So just because Christian is on ECW no one cares about him? He's one of the most over faces (and champions) in the entire company... no one cared about him that much in previous WWE run.
What does this have to do with anything? You misinterpreted what I said, I said no one will give a shit about him OR he will do anything important until he's on Raw. Swagger wasn't ever that over, I'd say he's pretty much exactly where he's always been except he has more exposure now on Raw and people actually know who he is. I never said Raw gives them time to shine, I said it's the only way they can, reread what I said. There's a reason Raw has 3x more viewers than ECW, it's because no one gives a shit about ECW.

LMAO. No he's not. You're talking like a blind mark now. I'm one of the biggest Christian fans on this site, but I can admit he's no where near 'one of the most over faces', which is an all around dumb statement since it doesn't say much when there's truly, what 4 actual faces that even get chants nowadays? Not even that since Jeff's gone. The couple weeks after his return, he came on Raw and got hardly a reaction. Also, you're wrong again. Towards the end of Christian's 'heel run' he was getting MEGA chants and was in the process of turning face, which also is what made his face jump to TNA that much better.

noumenon

Well yeah, most of Christian's hype came from TNA. And yeah, there's only a handful of guys garnering crazy reactions lately but you have to admit Christian is holding it down pretty well as a solid (non-stale) face and is probably the best booked champion in the company. Had he never made the jump to TNA and then came back regardless of how the fans were reacting to him I don't think he would have made it anywhere, or been booked properly.

And yeah, sorry guess I misread that thing about Burchill. But still, I think it's kind of a double edged sword. Although he may not get the exposure he needs on ECW, he was already on RAW and WWE barely gave him enough time for people to give a shit about him.

Great One

If Christian hadn't jumped to TNA, I'd like to think he woulda been world champ by now for sure seeing how they splitted him and Edge up essentially and he was moved to SD away from shitty Cena (sadly with Batista though, but he got injured a little later, remember?). This was the times where SD lacked a TON of star power and Christian coulda stepped up big time. Angle even had to magically jump to SD, then the worst world champion in history, Rey Mysterio had the belt, and then fuck, we had Great Khali as a champ a little later. I think he woulda had a ton of opportunities and chance to shine (e.g. MVP/Kennedy).

His pirate gimmick was actually REALLY over.. Idk why they dropped the ball with that, the interactions with Regal were pretty funny too.

Hometown Kid

His pirate gimmick was actually REALLY over.. Idk why they dropped the ball with that, the interactions with Regal were pretty funny too.

I personally want him to go back to that, it was awesome. I've heard a couple of stories, Disney threatened legal action against them, Jack Sparrow and whatnot, Makes sense to me.