• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Burchill/Hurricane

noumenon

WWE being the piece of shit...or ECW...or Burchill himself?

JurassicBonez

So nobody thinks that even if Burchill loses, he'll eventually return to ECW? How many times has that happened in the past?

I think there are 3 different things that will happen.

1. Burchill loses but comes back
2. Burchill loses, goes to RAW and brings back the pirate gimmic
3. Burchill wins, he tries to force "Hurricane" to unmask, but Helms runs down and saves him.

Airfixx

Could be making room for a certain American Dragon...?

I say Helms wins. Put Burchill on Smackdown, or get rid of him.

SD already has Ziggler, McEntyre & Escobar
Raw already has Swagger, Masters, Carlito, Seamus & Miz

Mid-card heels is one area where WWE have more than enough development work on their hands as it is. Doesn't look good for Burchill.

To be honest, if he can somehow jump shows and turn face he'll become a much needed asset atm. (Imagine him as a Benoit-like face vs Kane or doing a revenge beatdown on McEntyre or sumthin...?)

His release would suck... They've handled him poorly since he came back and I'd hoped that they'd take him more seriously since doing some damn fine work in his time on ECW.

They missed the boat on him really... He get's decent heat given what he get's to work with, decent on the mic and a beast in the ring. They should have done a long term protege storyline with him & Regal... Everyone hates Regal so a split program would in all possibility have eventually elevated him to the upper card as a face and then could have continued his climb from there and cemented it all with an eventual heel turn somewhere down the line.

noumenon

^Triple true...

Anyway yeah I don't know why Burchill was never inserted into Regals little alliance he's got going on. Would have given him even more heat and the chance for an awesome face turn when leaving Regal.

Airfixx

It'd do at this juncture, but I ideally meant a few years back when he first debuted... Think where he'd be now and what good shit we could have seen already if he'd have got going on SD...

Birchill vs Benoit sound good to you? :drool:
...Birchill vs Angle
...Birchill vs Taker
...Birchill vs Finlay (circa 06)
...Birchill vs JBL

Hell anyone, with a smash-mouth but technically sound style like his.

EDIT: In fact gimme a Punk vs Birchill match NOW!!!!!!!!!

Great One

Yeah like Burchill a guy in his 20's is gonna accomplish much on ECW. Idc if it's better than Raw, you're stupid if you believe anyone will give a shit about him until he's on Raw or SD or he'll even be able to do anything important for that matter. Unless he was put into Regal's group, but I doubt they would be smart enough to do that. And even then, he'd still seemingly be being wasted (like Christian, Ryder, and Shelton).

LKP

If he was to lose he could go to leave ecw, but regal gets him into his group and he stays on ecw. As regal is champion he calls the shots? After kozlov and jackson take care of tiffany. Its just a theory.

noumenon

Yeah like Burchill a guy in his 20's is gonna accomplish much on ECW. Idc if it's better than Raw, you're stupid if you believe anyone will give a shit about him until he's on Raw or SD or he'll even be able to do anything important for that matter. Unless he was put into Regal's group, but I doubt they would be smart enough to do that. And even then, he'd still seemingly be being wasted (like Christian, Ryder, and Shelton).

Are you stupid? That's the whole point of ECW, getting these young stars over. Think about it, which show was Swagger more over on, ECW or RAW? Not even a question. RAW doesn't give these guys the time they need to shine except for a select few. And when they do give them time they end up making them look like shit against the top stars of RAW or Smackdown.

So just because Christian is on ECW no one cares about him? He's one of the most over faces (and champions) in the entire company... no one cared about him that much in previous WWE run.

Double J

Incedntally I haven't seen ECW yet but I did see the pictures of Vance Archer on wwe.com and I didn't even recognize him as Lance Hoyt. Crazy huge makeover.

......Wow...I feel really stupid now...

I even noticed the tatoo and it just never clicked that it was him.

The Rated R CMStar

Paul Burchill has been beating Hurricane in their matches in the European Tour, so more or less we know what we can expect