Burchill/Hurricane

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

So it was announced on ECW that next week Hurricane and Burchill will face off in their feud ending match. The condition... Burchill wins, Hurricane unmasks... Hurricane wins, Burchill leaves ECW.
This honestly has me a little worried. Helms hasn't been Hurricane for all that long this time around and I'm wondering if they would really have him unmask so soon.
Burchill was hanging on by the skin of his teeth for quite a while before being sent over to ECW and given a little bit of purpose again. From his dominant debut he's definitely taken a little bit of a down turn. So if Burchill loses this one and does indeed leave ECW, what the hell is next for him? A loss to Hurricane doesn't scream moving over to Smackdown or RAW and finding mid-card success... it screams "future endeavored".
I quite like Burchill and really thought he had potential to be something this time around, so what do you guys think is going to happen to "The Ripper"?

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Burchill had amazing potential as an upper card heel on any show. He's obviously losing to Hurricane and being future endeavored. Chalk him up under the same category of missed opportunities as Elijah Burke.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I dunno how they can pull it off but I am going to predict a Burchill win with Hurricane being unmasked to reveal someone other than Helms.

noumenon

^Sad isn't it? When he re-debuted with Katie under The Ripper gimmick I seriously saw main event potential, never mind mid card. He's proven he can be pretty solid on the mic as well and the guy can fucking go in the ring. He looked liked a beast for a while. He's 'softened' up a bit as of late and his gimmick has shifted more into the English gentleman kind of thing...but still...I'm gonna be sad to see him go. TNA?

@ Monk....LMAO! I was gonna say the same shit! Hey, if they show Ryder's day dreams, why not huh?

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I say Helms wins. Put Burchill on Smackdown, or get rid of him.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
@ Monk....LMAO! I was gonna say the same shit! Hey, if they show Ryder's day dreams, why not huh?

They can't just throw any random under the mask though, it would have to be somebody recognizable and that's the biggest problem about this. I can't think of anyone who would fit under the mask and fool people until the end of the match.

noumenon

They could do a quick lights out thing during the unmasking....doesn't have to be anyone other than helms during the match.

....could it be Benoit?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I suppose the lights out thing would be possible but I would feel pretty cheated if that happened.

noumenon

Yeah but ya know...like as he's pulling it off some dramatic thunder sounds, flashing green lights...lights go out and ______________ is standing in the ring in front of Burchill.
Colin Delaney?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Too bad they ditched Shannon Moore, him and Helms were great in Three Count and they're both about the same size.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
So is Undertaker but when he impersonated Kane they just added a sleeve to the costume.

noumenon

^That was good shit. Also the time when Kane did the same thing and they threw Austin in the hearse.

They could just have it be some random jobber as well..who knows. Doesn't really need to be anyone specific I suppose. But alas, sadly I'm leaning more towards Burchill losing this one.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah the more I think about it the more I agree with that notion which is too bad because if they move him off ECW he's just going to be immediately lost in the shuffle wherever he is.

Too bad because Burchill has been really entertaining lately.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
On top of all that it seems to me like it would be a waste because it's not like The Hurricane is ever going to be a main eventer or even go on to anything terribly interesting after this feud.

At least if Burchill won it would make him more of a significant threat.