BTB Trios Tournament 2008

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Leviathan

Reaction score
BTBTriosTourney.jpg

Be The Booker Section's Trios Tournament 2008​

The Biggest Crossover Event in the IWF BTB Section up to date is finally here. Eight teams from eight different BTB's meet up to get the Pride and Honor in the greatest tournament that ever assembled, the BTB Trios Tournament. Inspired from comicgeekelly's Trios Tournament, we are going to see 8 teams and 24 combatants as they battle for the name and reputation of their company. It will be the Battle of the Egos. Who will survive this conquest? Who will reign supreme and become the first BTB Trios Champion?

Participating Team:

Team BTW: Rikishi, Edge, Triple H

Team GCW: Batista, Sean O' Haire, Mistico

Team HEW: William Regal, Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin

Team POI: Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Super Dragon

Team IPW: Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels

Team UWA: Rob Van Dam, John Morrison, Raven

Team PRIDE: Jimmy Jacobs, Chris Hero, Kevin Steen

Team ANZAC: Vladimir Kozlov, Santino Marella, Funaki

The Committee:
Rolling Stone
WCW Rules
comicgeekelly
The Leviathan
LAURINAITIS33
Diesel
McLovin
CT Styles

The Leviathan

Reaction score
HEW.jpg
Team HEW
Team HEW is going to Trios Tournament with it's 3 biggest name in the company. Two former HEW Heavyweight Champions and a Veteran will team up for a prize and that's none other than the reputation in the BTB industry. They will set aside their huge egos and try to co-exist with one another just to bring the name of HEW to the top. The former HEW Heavyweight Champion, Chris Jericho, the very first champion in the company who managed to hold the title for eight long months, the third longest champion in the history of the BTB Industry and the No. 1 Contender for the HEW Heavyweight Champion, the self proclaimed King of the World. Sir Regal, the leader of the most dominating faction, the Anti American Organization, one of the toughest competitors in the HEW today. A man who have been struggle all his life for fame and fortune in the Wrestling Business. He have been to main events and championship matches and now he will set himself focus for the Tournament. And lastly, Shelton Benjamin, HEW's Biggest Underdog who won his first HEW Heavyweight Championship against two top names of the company and one is his teammate, Chris Jericho. These three men will prove to the whole industry that HEW is not only one of the longest running BTB in the Industry but they are also one of the biggest BTB's ever by bringing home the grandest prize.

OOC: Okay I come to point of using the word Industry as a "kayfabe term" for the section :p. My promo will be posted later.

Moonlight Drive

Pro Wrestling ANZAC
ANZAC.jpg

Pro Wrestling ANZAC. Many fans and industry members alike proclaim it as the single greatest BTB of all time. Others state it was a crock of shit, but those people are all 'tards. Pro Wrestling ANZAC will always be remembered though for it's signature attributes; Excitement, Energy, Electircity, Eccentricity and Pure Fucking Awesomeness in a can! The one thing that personified ANZAC was it's innovative Oz Division. The three biggest stars also personify what many people have been saying about Team ANZAC; It is the Number one team, it demands competition, and all the other teams are quite simply...death meat! Funaki, Japanese Charisma, heads the team, the former Cruiserweight Champion perhaps the greatest professional wrestler of all time. He is joined by Vladimir Koslov, the powerhouse Moscow Mauler, who's mighty hard head has helped him climb his way into greatness. The third and final member is Santino Marella, the Italian Stallion, the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all the times! These three men, ,the bgigest collection of star power in professional wrestling history, have already been hailed as the uncrowned kings of this tournament. But will they live up to the hype? Of course they will.​

CT Styles

This looks good, will the committee members be getting a PM or something when this starts?

C4

Leviathan just reminded me of the Slammy Awards with his introduction... :shifty:

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I'll post my hype some other time, but I'm suprised that this is moving along so quickly.

BTW check out the idea that sparked this all; The original Trios Tournament 2008.

czwrestler

Reaction score
pretty big commitee for a 7 match tournament
i would have gone two writers not associated with any of the teams and let them have fun with it but thats me

really looking forward to this complete imitation of our tournament

WCW Rules

Reaction score
GCW_Team01.jpg

The GCW Team

G... C... Fucking... Dubya. A name synonymous with sports entertainment, lucha libre, and international superstardom. The best of the best have tussled in a GCW ring, including legends from Japan, the rising stars of Mexico, the best of Britain, the cream of the crop of Canada, and the greatest of the United States of America. This global phenomenon has been successful thus far as The Big Bang has ushered in a new era of international camaraderie, but the global giant has discovered a new avenue in determining further success; a Trios Tournament against numerous other promotions from around the world. Eric Bischoff, GCW President, has personally selected three superstars in which he feels best represent Global Championship Wrestling, and all three men are Champions. The leader, and eldest of the three, is The Behemoth, the GCW World Heavyweight Champion, Batista. Batista has defeated many legendary superstars in his day, and has captured no less than 7 championships, 4 of which are World Heavyweight titles. The second man Bischoff has selected is GCW's International Champion and fastest rising star, The Chosen One, Sean O' Haire. A former WCW Tag Team Champion, he was a member of The Natural Born Thrillers, a team of young men in WCW whom each possessed a talent that could propel them to the top. Unfortunately, many of them fell off the map after WCW's closure, but Sean O' Haire stood out from the rest of the pack, and has been granted a second chance by Bischoff, who sees him as a commodity to come. Surely, he will prove himself in the Trios Tournament, and people will know why he is The Chosen One. The last member chosen by Bischoff is a relative newcomer to the United States, but nonetheless he is one of the hottest commodities in Mexico today, he is The Prince of Gold and Silver, Mistico. Likened to legends such as El Hijo De Santo, Mistico has gained quite a rapid fanbase, and as a result of his coming to the States, it is sure to grow. He's an exceptional talent, and one Bischoff believes personifies the lucha libre spirit in GCW, no less proven by his status as GCW Cruiser Champion. This tandem of three has one goal; obtain victory in the Trios Tournament against seven other teams of similiar caliber. Though their styles and backgrounds may differ, these three men must work together for pride, glory, and G... C... Fucking... Dubya!

Qwake

The 2008 Trios tournament, eight teams enter and battle it out to leave one remaining team victorious. IPW, a company founded by Eric Bishoff, a company that hasn’t been on the BTB map for very long enters with it’s three of its greatest wrestlers. One is a wrestling Machine who has won many World Championships, he is the only Olympic Gold Medallist in the Trios Tournament, he is Kurt Angle! Another is one of the most well known names in the wrestling world, he is the Show Stopper, the Heart Break Kid, he is Shawn Michaels! Last of team IPW we have the youngest ever World Heavyweight Champion, he is a Legend Killer, he is Randy Orton! General Manager and Owner of IPW first asked the IPW World Champion to join and fight for team IPW but Jericho didn’t want to risk injury so Bishoff asked the next three best in line from the company, with these three fighting for team IPW they are bound to be put on the map! The winning team of this Trios Tournament will gain a huge reputation like the previous winners, team IPW has a great chance of winning says Bishoff, if the three men can co-exist for a couple of matches. IPW is relatively new to the BTB industry so getting the win would further each superstars career and definitely gain a great reputation for the business!

OOC: There's my little thing, I am still a little unsure of what to do from here on out though lol.

Beer

Team UWA

Team.... U...W...A! RVD, John Morrison and Raven! Three of the best wrestlers in sports entertainment history.

Rob Van Dam. RVD has held numerous titles over his career, including the ECW Championship, the WWE Championship, and of course, he currently holds the UWA Championship! With his pure wrestling abilities, he can fly around the ring.

John Morrison. A former ECW Champion, and WWE Tag Team Champion. He is said to be one of the biggest up and coming stars in Wrestling History. This man has the brain, and he has the brawn. He has wrestled against the best, and he will do it again.

And Raven. The most chaotic man in wrestling today. He is deranged, and he is dangerous, with such innovative ideas, like the Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match and the Hangman's Horror Match, Raven truly is the ambassador of Hardcore.

A team like this will survive all onslaught. Other teams should probably watch out. After all, how would you like Raven, RVD and John Morrison coming after you?

**WCW Rules, Team UWA banner?**​

The Leviathan

Reaction score
HEW.jpg

At a HEW House Show in St. Louis, Missouri

As the fans get thrilled and exciting while watching a big HEW Tag Team Championship match between the champs, Johnny Jeter and Rob Van Dam and T&T: Test and Train Wrecker, they have no idea that the cameras are rolling backstage as Team HEW speaks out about the upcoming BTB Trios Tournament. We see the the members of the team standing in front of the camera. Starting from right is the former HEW Heavyweight Champion, Shelton Benjamin and beside him is the AAO Leader, Sir Regal and to his right is another former HEW Heavyweight Champion, Chris Jericho.

Sir Regal: The BTB Trios Tournament, it's past approaching and there's no need to think of who will win this Tournament, and that's none other than Me! Oh yeah with Shelton Benjamin and Chris Jericho. We are going to participate in the biggest Crossovers in the industry not only for the name of AAO, not only for my buddies in Blackpool but also for the name of HEW! We are setting aside our egos and become a unit in this tournament and at the end, you will see me, Sir Regal standing at the center of the ring, raising his hand as he just won for his team.

Chris Jericho: So that's how you set aside your ego Willy!

Shelton Benjamin: Oh God!

Sir Regal: You better accept the truth, I Sir Regal is the best man in the team and I am going to win for the team, for HEW, for AAO, and especially for Me!

Shelton Benjamin: Well, just make it happen Regal. I just hope you don't hide and try to use us as your shields.

Sir Regal: I am out of here, I have no time to argue with you two!

Shelton Benjamin: At the BTB Trios Tournament, you are going to see Team HEW go to the top of the mountain as we go head to head with the other teams and prove them that HEW is the best company in the industry. With me, the biggest underdog champion, Chris Jericho and Sir Regal, we are going to go on that tournament and we are going to win it for the pride of HEW and Ain't no stoppin us!

Shelton runs out of the scene, leaving Chris Jericho behind.

Chris Jericho: Finally, those two are over! Well, the real reason why Team HEW is going to win the BTB Trios Tournament is because of just two simple words forming into a one great name and that's none other than, CHRIS JERICHO! We are going to that tournament and you will see how strong our team is! Better start cheering Jericoholics because Chris Jericho is going to have a big party at the tournament with the Fozzies!

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post guys but the bracket will be posted this weekend, try to post your hypes and promos before I show you the match up brackets, thank you!

The Rated R CMStar

WTF, I posted my introduction and apparently..well, it isn't posted.

I'll rewrite it tomorrow

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Brackets/Banners will be posted Tuesday; sorry I haven't been on much, been kinda busy with other things.